Strange Encounters

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eunji, do you believe in mythical creatures?”

The light brown haired girl who had been munching on a steamed bun looked up at the girl who asked her such a random question. Without answering, Eunji raised an eyebrow.

“I was just wondering,” Cho Hee tried to make the conversation casual. “You know, like fairies, vampires and… werewolves.”

The last word came out of even though she hesitated.

Eunji looked at the half eaten steamed bun for a moment as she hummed, thinking.

“Nah, I sometimes wish though,” her friend laughed. “Cho Hee, have you been watching supernatural movies lately? Or…”

Eunji paused and looked at her with expectant eyes that seemed to glitter.

“Did you become a Twilight fan finally?!”

Cho Hee looked at her friend and shook her head with a sigh. Eunji was a huge fan of the Twilight series and ever since the movie came out, she had tried to get her to join the fandom. She was never into anything like that, she could barely watch the first movie of the Harry Potter series. Eunji practically begged her to go see Twilight that one time.

“No, I didn’t become a Twlight fan Eunji,” she rolled her eyes as her friend huffed with a pout on her lips.

Deciding to pry at her friend’s opinion, she continued to make up a story.

“I just saw a poster for the second movie and remembered the characters a little. One was a vampire and the other was a werewolf?”

“Yeah, yeah, the hot one! The werewolf boy was a hunk,” Eunji sighed as she gazed dreamily just thinking about the boy. “I wouldn’t mind having a werewolf boy like him around.”

Cho Hee forced a small laugh though she internally felt awkward about what Eunji had said. Technically, they did have a werewolf boy around them, or should she say six werewolf boys. Of course, she couldn’t say that. She didn’t know how her friend would even react to it all and plus, the six boy didn’t seem like they wanted anyone to know what they were.

Cho Hee sat quietly as her friend rambled on and on about the Twilight series again. Her mind wandered a little, thinking about the book she had picked up yesterday. She had read the first few chapters and honestly, it scared her. The description of werewolves the book gave was that they were vicious beasts that were deceiving and killed animals and people. It reminded her of the rogue wolves on her first encounter but the book didn’t exactly describe the six boys she had met and saved her. It was so weird how the book depicted werewolves. 

Parts of the book made her cringe and shiver even though they were just stories. Honestly, a lot of them sounded so supernatural and unreal that it didn't seem to portray that of what she seemed to face now. Or at least she thought. But then again, she could never know. Ever since she had met 'werewolves,' anything seemed possible at this point. 

That first line though, kept ringing in her head. 

Never trust a werewolf.

As she read on through the stories, they all had the same theme to them. A werewolf disguised as a human, waiting for the moment to attack. In the end, the werewolf disappeared or was killed by the humans who were able to capture the beast. Trickery and deceit was what the werewolf would play. 

But they were just tales.

Right?

Maybe I should stay away from them just in case... she thought to herself. But then she remembered all the times the boys were around her or Eunji. They acted like normal friends. Normal boys: goofy, funny, silly... Not to mention the times they had helped her.

Especially Baekhyun. 

The new bookbag, uniform, the storm and the rogue wolves. Who knows what could've happened if him and the others weren't there. She shuddered just thinking about the fact that she could've been gone from this world by now, leaving her grandparents and best friend Eunji. 

Cho Hee groaned internally, feeling conflicted with her thoughts. Her head told her she was being stupid and that she should clearly stay away from something so strange and unnatural but something else in her told her otherwise.

"Cho Hee-ah! Yah, are you even listening to me?!" 

Cho Hee snapped out of her thoughts right away and looked over at her friend who had stood up from her seat on the bench. Eunji had finished her steamed bun and was waiting for her to go to class. 

"A-ah, mianhae Eunji... I spaced out..." 

Eunji rolled her eyes and let out an exasperated sigh. "I can tell," her friend said before sticking her tongue out.

Cho Hee quickly threw away her trash and walked with Eunji back towards class. She had been listening to Eunji talk about one of the math lessons that she found difficult when she spotted a familiar figure walking down the hall. 

Baekhyun was chatting with Chanyeol as they were walking to class in the opposite direction towards them. Cho Hee felt herself suddenly get nervous at the sight of the two boys and her mind flooded back to the book she had been reading the night before.

Right as Cho Hee had looked up at the boys, Baekhyun sensed his mate and turned his attention to her as well.

Cho Hee jumped at the eye contact and quickly averted her eyes. Hoping she could just continue on her way to class, her hopes came crumbling down when Eunji waved at the two boys. 

"Hi Chanyeol oppa, Baekhyun oppa!" 

She loved Eunji for her friendly demeanor but at the moment, she felt like the simple greeting was like a punch in the gut. She really didn't want to run into any of the boys today, not when her mind was clouded with so many thoughts. 

"Hey girls!" Chanyeol beamed with his usual adorkable smile and the two stopped in the hallway to greet the girls.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter