Tricked

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Saturday and Baekhyun was pacing aimlessly around the house like he was looking for something but at the same time wasn't. He reluctantly walked home yesterday with Kyungsoo who was also a little uneasy at what both of them witnessed yesterday. Something was bothering Cho Hee and both the boys knew it, Baekhyun more so ever since his senses started picking up intense emotions from his mate the minute she disappeared into her house. How had he not noticed her sudden change of mood while he had been talking and walking with her all the way home? He had no idea, maybe he was too preoccupied with describing how perfect she was that he lost touch with his keen senses to realize when her mood began to change. But what bothered him the most was what had changed her mood so quickly. He was still baffled even until today that he barely slept and wandered around the house, unable to sit still.

Kyungsoo had tried to reassure him that maybe something was going on at home and since they noticed her change of mood when they got to her house but Baekhyun didn't think it was that. Something told him it wasn't.

Chanyeol, who had watched his best friend quietly, couldn't take it anymore and marched right up to the smaller boy held his shoulder.

"Baekhyun, what's wrong with you? You've haven't been able to sit still for the past 4 hours since you've woken up," the taller boy peered at the boy with an expression mixed with both curiousity and a bit of annoyance at the constant pacing he had to endure watching for so long.

Baekhyun snapped his head up to look at his best friend who had stopped him in his tracks but his mind quickly went right back to Cho Hee's expression yesterday before she said bye. At this, Baekhyun sighed in frustration.

Chanyeol shook his shoulder again to remind the boy that he was still standing right in front of him and wasn't going to settle with being ignored.

"It has to do with Cho Hee doesn't it?" the curly haired boy said like it was the most obvious thing in the world and Baekhyun reluctantly nodded.

"What happened this time?"

"...I don't know," Baekhyun shoved his hands in his pockets. "That's the thing, I don't even know what happened this time! She just looked like she was going to cry but I can't even think of what I did wrong!"

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow as Suho walked into the room curious as to why he suddenly heard yelling.

"Ugh! I'm so confused," Baekhyun slipped his hands out of his pocket and slapped his face with them covering it up.

"What's going on?" Suho asked and all Baekhyun could do was groan in frustration because that exact question was the one he wanted answered in his head.

"Something happened with Cho Hee and he can't figure out what's wrong," Chanyeol put simply and Suho looked over at the younger boy who was now sitting in a stool by the countertop and rubbing his face in all of his frustration.

Taking a seat across from him, the alpha tapped the countertop to gain his attention. "So what EXACTLY happened?"

Chanyeol plopped down in the seat beside Baekhyun when Baekhyun finally spilled on the event yesterday.

As Baekhyun finished, he looked up to see his alpha grinning at him and scowled at the older one. Was he making fun of his frustration? Seriously?

Suho glanced at Chanyeol who seemed to pick up his train of thought and began laughing.

"What? What's so funny about this?! I'm sitting here telling you my frustrations and you guys just laugh at me?! Fine!" Baekhyun shoved his seat back and got up but before he could, Chanyeol grabbed his shoulder again and whipped him back around to face them.

Suho gave him a questioning look. "You seriously don't get it?"

Fuming now, Baekhyun spat back. "What?! What don't I get?!" He knew he shouldn't speak that way to his alpha but right now, he was so frustrated with everything.

"Oh my God," Chanyeol burst out into laughter again and Baekhyun shot him a look before tried to muffle his laughing.

"Baekhyun. You just basically told your mate that you had someone else and by the looks of it, she may actually having feelings for you since you bragged about it right in front of her," Suho explained and Baekhyun froze in his spot.

"But... but I was talking about her the entire time," Baekhyun tried to reason.

"True, but she doesn't know that she's your mate. So she obviously took it the wrong way which clearly says she might like you."

Baekhyun stood there as the realization dawned on him.

Holy . I'm an idiot... and my mate might just like me back. Ho - Ly - .

 

 

 

Cho Hee laid on the couch watching TV and sighe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter