Please

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Those words.

They just kind of slipped out from Cho Hee's mouth unconsciously. Her lips quivered a little, nervousness consuming her as she realized that she just admitted to Chanyeol in a way that she may have feelings for Baekhyun.

Something in Chanyeol's eyes seemed to brighten for a second before disappearing again. He needed to prob more to understand what the girl was thinking. He had gotten her to admit that she cared but that didn't explain why she was so hesitant. She knew they were werewolves, yes it may have been a shock to hear that she was Baekhyun's mate but if she had feelings, then why was she still in denial?

Stepping forward, Chanyeol shoved his hands in his pockets.

"If you care, then why are you doing this?" he asked her.

Cho Hee looked up at him in confusion.

"D-doing what?" she asked unsurely. Denying? Was that what he was asking?

Pursing his lips a little, he shook his head.

"Why did you say he was lying?"

Cho Hee scrunched her face and again, the denying side came out. "Because he i-"

"He isn't lying Cho Hee. Why would he lie about something like that? He's been dying to tell you since you guys met." He cut her off.

More confusion flashed through Cho Hee's eye. "Then why didn't he say anything then?"

Chanyeol wanted to slap his face at how naive she was.

"This is why, Cho Hee, the way your acting now is why. He was scared how you'd react since you already were wary of us being werewolves - and don't even think he or any of us hadn't noticed. Do you know what happens when a wolf's mate rejects them?"

Cho Hee stood there with mouth clamped shut as she realized what Chanyeol was saying but she also had no answer for the question he asked.

"They get sick and eventually die," he didn't wait any longer for a response.

Her eyes widened at the last word and she stared at him like he was crazy.

"W-what do you mean they die...? That... that doesn't make sense," Cho Hee's voice faltered a little. How can someone die because of a rejection? Humans don't die after a rejection to a love confession.

Chanyeol rubbed his temples for a minute. Humans were much different from werewolves when it came to their freedom and will to do things. He wouldn't be able to explain every single bit of detail to her even if he wanted to. That was something she would have to learn over time but he would tell her what he could for now.

"Rejection is the equivilent of death for a wolf. Once a wolf finds their mate, their life revolves around them almost like a life source. If they are rejected, that's like taking away their life source."

Chanyeol tried to explain in the most logical human terms he could, hoping that Cho Hee could somehow understand. Looking at her face, he could tell she was still confused at the matter and attemped again to put it in the most simplest terms he could.

"Cho Hee, Baekhyun is sick. He's been sick for the past few days after your... rejection. And if this keeps up, he could eventually die."

Those words finally snapped her back to the present and gaped open and closed as she was trying to say something.

"B-but... but I didn't even say I was rejecting him..." she sputtered out while a sudden wave of worry washed over her.

She didn't want Baekhyun to die. She wasn't asking for that. She just wanted to figure out her own thoughts and feelings for the past couple of days. Not having dated once in her life to suddenly having a 'mate' was not exactly normal so she didn't know how to deal with it. To add on top of it, she had no idea what being a mate actually meant. She barely knew anything about wolves, let alone being a wolf's mate.

Noticing her the frantic expression slowly showing up on her face, Chanyeol felt a small pang of sympathy for the girl. She seriously had no idea what she had done. Although he was frustrated and worried sick about the situation at hand, he had been trying to understand her side of it all as well.

"I know you didn't say you were rejecting him, but under wolf terms, what you did was similar to that of a rejection," he explained to her and another flicker of guilt knawed at Cho Hee.

What was she supposed to do now? She began fidgeting in her stance, looking at the ground now.

"W-where is he? ...Can I see him?" she suddenly asked Chanyeol.

Chanyeol's eyebrows raised slightly and nodded.

"He's been in his room for a few days, I can take you," he told her and she quickly nodded, hoping that maybe if she could do something to help, then she would.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It only took a few minutes for the two to get to the pack's house and the minute they set foot through the doorway, the four remaining brothers were already gathered in the living room.

"Noona!" Sehun exclaimed in what seemed like a mixture of excitement and relief.

He ran up to her and pulled her by the arm, not giving the girl a minute to breathe.

"You have to go see Baekhyun hyung! He's getting sicker! Please noona! Don't reject him please!" the youngest was practically wailing and begging her.

Kai managed to grab Sehun and pull him off of her but not before giving her a similar saying.

"Could you at least think about it noona?" he asked her sincerely. Never had she heard Kai say anything without sarcasm or a hint of snarkiness but this time, there was none of that.

She hesitated in her response and her eyes had wandered to the other boys who were all looking at her anticipation. Both Kyungsoo had the same pleading look in his eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter