Lucky Girl

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That entire week seemed to go by so quickly and it was already Friday. Ever since the strange encounter with the wolf earlier in the week and Baekhyun's sudden night visit, she had been accompanied by at least one of the 6 werewolve brothers almost anywhere she went. They stuck to her like glue.

Her choice of avoiding the boys seemed to be thrown out the window that night and she found herself slowly trusting Baekhyun and the others. They didn't act suspicious, they didn't seem anything but friendly, and the promise Baekhyun made that night seemed to ring in her head. Something told her to trust him and that night, she took a leap and did.

She learned more and more about the boys and eventually, her group of friends suddenly turned from just Eunji into Eunji plus the boys. It wasn't to say however, that she didn't get the usual envious looks from other girls since these boys seemed to have some rising popularity for their looks that may the status of another said group of boys -- Zico's group, Block B.

It definitely didn't go unnoticed to Zico, who had been secretly watching Cho Hee and the others from afar.

 

Looking through the shelves, Cho Hee found another book and quickly found a table to sit at. Today, she was had a free last period with no work after school either but she couldn't go home yet. Well, she was about to just quickly go home early alone because this entire week she felt like the boys were baby sitting her, taking her to and fro to school, work, home, and back. She also hadn't had another sighting of the rogue wolves so she thought perhaps, she was now on the safe side. But nevertheless, Kyungsoo had texted her in her second to last period and told her to wait in the library for him and Baekhyun to get out. How did Kyungsoo she had a free last period every Friday you ask? She didn't even know, she had never told any of them. But this is Kyungsoo we're talking about, the boy somehow had the instincts of a mother and father combined, she had noticed that he seemed to know more than he let on since he was so quiet. Today, she decided against asking him and just let it go. If she had left, Cho Hee was sure she would see a scolding Kyungsoo at her doorstep alongside Baekhyun.

Looking at the book before her, it was yet again another book about werewolves. Since the night Baekhyun visited her and his reaction to the book, she hadn't opened it up again. Something told her to return and she did. But her curiousity still got the better of her and she came back to find another book that seemed to be... unbiased and more fact based.

Flipping through the book, she skimmed some chapters, going through to confirm any information she had gotten from the boys about things like midnight runs. Turns out that these things seemed to aligned with fact that she found in the book which gave her some relief in whether or not they were lying to her or not. Of course, it didn't have all the legitimate details, most were theories seen as facts.

Turning to another chapter, she found an interesting title.

Werewolves and their Mates

Raising an eyebrow, she read through the first couple of pages and was completely surprised at the information. Apparently werewolves mate for life once they find the right one. There was no infidelity, no cheating, none of that. It was forever prohibited. She smiled at the thought that wolves tend to be more loyal than the human race. That was definitely a perk, yet strange at the same time.

Her mind wandered and somehow she began to think of someone in particular. Or a boy in particular, a boy by the name of Baekhyun.

"I wonder if he has a mate..." she whispered to herself.

Cho Hee was so engrossed in reading that she didn't notice two figures standing by her seat peering over her shoulder to see what she was reading.

"Cho Hee-ah," Kyungsoo finally interupted her ready and she quickly looked up.

"Ah! Sorry! I wasn't paying attention," she quickly fumbled with the book and closed it.

Kyungsoo eyed the book for a second and saw it was a book on werewolves.

Baekhyun smiled at the girl before noticing the book as well. It wasn't the same one she had in her room the other day and to him, that was a relief.

Cho Hee gave a shy smile to Baekhyun as he placed a hand on her, almost giving her a momentary massage with his finger tips playfully.

"Why are you reading that?" Kyungsoo then asked as he nudged at the book on the table. "You know you could just ask us anything you want to know about our kind."

"O-oh, yeah... sorry, I didn't think..." she trailed off a bit embarassed. To say the least, she had never even thought about asking them really. It might've been because she was too scared to ask that she completely forgot that that was an option.

Noticing her flustered expression, the two boys chuckled.

Kyungsoo checked his phone to see a message from his dongsaengs who were whining about food and snacks already and shook his head.

"Are you ready? The rest had already left and Sehun and Kai are already begging for food..."

At this, Cho Hee giggled at the two maknaes childishness and nodded.

"Deh, let's go," she told them and the three headed out.

As the three walked to her house, Baekhyun turned to her.

"So... did you have any questions you wanted to ask us?" he asked her.

Cho Hee tilted her head for a moment in a bit of confusion and Kyungsoo pointed at hims

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter