Promise

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her voice was that of a whisper and she mentally facepalmed at how nervous she must've sounded.

The said boy waved at her and gave her a small smile.

Her curiousity finally got the better of her and she whispered a bit more confidently.

"What are you doing here?"

Cho Hee looked around to see if any of the other boys were around but found none of them in sight.

"I needed to talk to you," he told her just loud enough for her to hear. "Could you come down? Or... I could come up. If you don't mind that is..."

In all honesty, Baekhyun had debated on whether or not he should of came right then and there. He probably could have waited until tomorrow morning but he was too worried for her well being to wait.

Cho Hee hesitated for a moment and looked at the clock. It was only 10PM which was around when her grandparents usually went to bed. The only problem was, she wasn't sure if her grandparents had actually gone to sleep yet. Leaning out her window a little, she strained her neck to check if the lights were still on two windows down. The lights were off.

She looked back at Baekhyun who's eyes had also traveled to her grandparents room and back to her. Remembering what she had done earlier today, she felt a little guilty and insecure, still wavering when it came to trusting these wolves. It wasn't until Baekhyun whispered again that she snapped out of her thoughts.

"Cho Hee...?"

Blinking, her gaze stayed on Baekhyun who now had a look of concern on his face. With just that look, all her thoughts seemed to be pushed aside and only focused on the fact that he had been waiting for her to answer as well as curiousity as to why.

"I'll come dow-"

Before she could finish what she was saying the lights to her grandparents' room lit again. Cho Hee gasped and the two looked at each other, eyes widening.

Acting on instinct, Baekhyun didn't give Cho Hee a choice and lept up into the air onto her window sill. Both shocked from the possibility of her grandparents catching them as well as from Baekhyun suddenly appearing right before her, she almost screamed.

Knowing exactly what was going to happen, Baekhyun placed a hand over Cho Hee's mouth to muffle out her automatic reaction and tumbled both of them into her room.

"Don't scream, they'll catch us," he whispered into Cho Hee's ear and she automatically clamped shut.

After what felt like ten minutes, there was silence. Cho Hee tangled in a strange position on the floor of her bedroom with Baekhyun holding onto her, his hand still placed over Cho Hee's mouth. The two finally began to ease up when they heard nothing from her grandparents' room nor any footsteps in the house.

Baekhyun removed his hand from Cho Hee's mouth and it wasn't until then that Cho Hee noticed the extremely close proximity the two were in. She quickly pulled away and looked anywhere but at the male.

Baekhyun's eye furrowed in confusion for a second before he saw the red tint on his mate's cheeks and realized what was going on.

"Sorry..." he said to her while scratching the back of his neck. To him, being that close to his mate was natural. But of course to her, the situation was different. They weren't even dating and for girls, especially innocent ones like her, it was a big deal.

You'll be my girlfriend soon, he thought to himself.

"I didn't mean to barge in but," he glanced at the window that he had jumped in through before looking back at her. "It was either that or get caught."

Cho Hee shook her head a little. "No... i-it's okay. I was just surprised especially since it's, you know... the second floor," she mumbled the last part while reminding herself that Baekhyun was only half normal. But even then, she didn't know that werewolves had abilities like that in their human form.

Baekhyun nodded, knowing what she meant.

The two sat awkwardly facing each other on the floor not knowing what to say with Baekhyun slowly observing his mate's room without her knowing. It wasn't until his keen eyes landed on a specific book on top of her drawer, that he got up suddenly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter