Park Cho Hee

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A brown haired boy paced around the room endlessly as five others watched quietly. He hadn't been able to sit down ever since they got back. He didn't even get a wink of sleep that night.

"Hyung~ Can you sit down?" Sehun whined as he winced at the slight pain in his ribs from breathing in too deep.

The youngest was getting dizzy from watching his hyung walk around the house like a madman. The second youngest, Kai, also groaned in agreement and put a pillow to his face to block his view of Baekhyun going back and forth everywhere.

Baekhyun shot the two youngest a look before directing his full gaze on Sehun.

"If you hadn't been so careless, maybe I could," Baekhyun shot back at him.

Sehun immediately shut up and lowered his head. He hadn't meant for Cho Hee to get hurt, he honestly thought the field was safe. He would've never taken her there if he known there were rogues in the area. The young boy fidgetted in his seat as the guilt began to eat at him. Baekhyun was right, even though he didn't know rogues were in the area, he should have paid attention to his surroundings. He should have been able to pick up the scent of the rogues prowling the area.

A black haired boy sighed as he saw the two's interaction.

"You know he didn't mean to put her danger Baekhyun," Suho said calmly. "She's safe now, she just needs to rest. And more importantly, you've found your mate."

The warmth in Baekhyun's chest grew at his alpha's last comment and his eyes faintly glowed an amber color.

The rest of the boys caught Baekhyun's eye color for a split second as well as his slight pause.

"Awh come on, you've finally found her!" Chanyeol tried to cheer up with a pat on the back.

"Yeah, I guess," Baekhyun let out a slow breath feeling himself calm down at the thought that he finally found his mate.

No one else in his pack had found their mate yet. When they were younger, they were informed about so called 'mates' who were a wolf's other half. They could not live without eachother, he and his brother's have never heard of any mates rejecting their wolf. But often times the mates were both wolves, and sometimes they weren't. Some would be other creatures. Sometimes they were human but it was a very rare occasion that it was a human. That was because humans didn't have the sixth sense of an animal and had more freedom to reject a so called mate. Baekhyun's situation happened to be one of the few rare occasions.

As if reading his thoughts, Kai spoke up.

"But she's human right? Isn't that... rare?"

Baekhyun's eyes flickered over to Kai.

Suho nodded at his question. "Yes, it is rare. And it's a little more dangerous..."

The four oldest knew what Suho was talking about.

"What do you mean?" Sehun suddenly asked.

"Well..." Suho's eyebrows knitted. "Even though humans can be your mate, they have more freedom than us. In other words, there's more of a possibility for rejection of your own mate."

Sehun and Kai's eyes widened and Kai almost shot out of his chair.

"What?!"

The two youngest's eyes flitted to Baekhyun in shock.

At the thought of his own mate, whom he finally found, rejecting him, his stomach churned and his chest hurt.

Noticing his doubtful expression, D.O. quickly cut in.

"I've only heard that happen once. Only one human has ever rejected their mate." 

"But didn't you say it was rare? So just one rejection is already a huge possibility!" Sehun said without thinking and was quickly shot a glare by D.O to which he immediately closed his mouth.

The boys glanced over at Baekhyun uneasily. He was standing quietly, looking at the ground before he walked out of the living room area and into the kitchen.

"Sehun," D.O. scolded the youngest.

"Sorry, sorry..." Sehun hugged a pillow tightly.

 

 

Baekhyun quietly grabbed a glass of water and drank it. Placing his hands on the countertop, he clenched his fist before stretching them again. He needed to calm down. He wasn't angry at the youngest for being so blunt, in fact he was worried. Very worried. What if his own mate rejected him? What would he do then? A wolf's life revolved around its mate. He couldn't leave after finding her, he wouldn't. His insides burned with intense feelings already and he didn't even know her name. But all he wanted at the moment was to hold her, his heart yearned to just touch her once or even the bare minimum speak with her, be in the same room as her.

Footsteps entering the kitchen interrupted his thoughts and he looked up at who had come in. It was Chanyeol, the tallest of their group and also nicknamed the 'happy virus' for his cheerful nature.

"Hey, you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just thinking..." Baekhyun said quietly before taking another sip of his water.

Chanyeol leaned with his back against the counter. It was quiet for a moment before Chanyeol spoke again.

"Don't worry too much Baek. You haven't even gotten to know her, maybe she'll accept you easily, maybe she won't. But even if it's a little more difficult, I hope that doesn't stop you. You wouldn't be the stubborn, hilarious Baek I know if you give up easily," Chanyeol laughed at his own words.

Baekhyun stayed quiet for a moment taking his best friend's words in.

"...you do realize you sound cheesy right now right?"

Chanyeol burst into a fit of laughter at his friend's remark and Baekhyun felt his lips curve up into a smile.

"But you're right, I'm not going to give up easily even if it's difficult," he said and Chanyeol slung his arm on the younger boy's shoulder.

"Charm her~" Chanyeol smirked playfully and Baekhyun laughed, feeling a sense of determination build up in him.

 

 

Cho Hee's eyes fluttered open and she found herself staring up at a white ceiling. She then closed them again before she suddenly shot up in realization but squeaked at the throbbing of her arms, shoulders, and back. 

Remembering what happened last night, she looked down at her neatly bandaged arms and looked around the room. It wasn't hers. It was a clean white and cream colored room with a vanity table and closet.

"The puppy!" she whispered to herself as she looked around the room hoping to find the little white bundle but unfortunately she didn't spot it.

"Where am I?" she wondered to herself before finding enough strength to push body over to sit on the edge of the bed as her feet dangled.

Spotting her bag on a nearby table, she managed to wobble over and find her cell phone.

9 missed calls.
6 text messages.
5 voicemails.

The call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter