Strawberries

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Cho Hee-ah! Come down for breakfast dear!"

"Coming Grandma!"

A girl with a head full of dark brown hair that could pass as black found herself rummaging through her backpack to make sure she had everything she needed for school. Summer had just ended and today was the first day of her senior year. Her first day of her last year, isn't it something? Going through almost 18 years of your life and getting ready to start a new chapter of your life.

Cho Hee found herself nervous yet excited. Excited to see her friends and the same people she had been going to school with for the past couple of years, but also nervous because she knew that this was the last year and soon she wouldn't be walking in the same hallways anymore. She wouldn't see half the faces she's been facing for the past 12 years. A part of her was grateful that she wouldn't be seeing some of these people again, but some she didn't want to leave when she went to college.

Smoothing her hair down, she looked in the mirror one last time before slinging her backpack over her shoulder and headed downstairs.

She was greeted by the sweet smell of home-cooked American breakfast the moment she walked into the ktichen. Her grandmother was just placing down the jug of orange juice on the table when she looked up and saw Cho Hee.

"Good morning Grandma! Good morning Grandpa!" she greeted her grandmother and grandfather who sat at the table already eating.

In actuality, her grandparents weren't her biological grandparents, they were her adoptive ones. She had lost her real parents at a young age and was sent to an orphanage. The orphanage staff had taken the kids out to the playground on a daily outdoor activity when the elder couple saw her and fell in love with the doe-eyed, innocent child. She grew up in the care of the couple from then on and saw them as her real grandparents whom she loved dearly.

"Good morning sweetie," her grandfather greeted her as he poured a cup of orange juice for himself. "Ready for school?"

"Mmh!" she nodded and took a seat and began eating her plate of breakfast as well.

Once she finished, she got up and took her dishes to the sink. She was about to wash them when her grandmother nudged her.

"Go, you'll be late for school. I'll take care of this," the elder woman told her and she hesitated.

"Shoo shoo, just because I'm getting old doesn't mean I can't wash some dishes," she playfully scolded Cho Hee.

Cho Hee smiled and nodded before giving her grandmother a kiss on the cheek and then going over to give her grandfather a kiss too.

"Bye Grandma, Grandpa!" she called before running out the door and going down the street towards her school. It wasn't a long walk about fifteen minutes at most.

When she reached school, another girl was waiting for her at the gate.

"Eunji!" she called out and the girl quickly turned in direction.

The girl had short brown hair up to her shoulders and a cute eyesmile that reminded her of a child's.

Eunji waved and Cho Hee ran in to give the girl a hug. "Morning!"

"Oof! Morning to you too!" Eunji hugged her back and the two linked arms while walking into school.

The two girls had a few friends, but they weren't all that popular. Like most people, they got along with people but some they didn't.

 

"Do you know where you want to apply to for college yet?" Eunji asked and Cho Hee nodded.

Before she could say where, an arm shoved her and she bumped right into Eunji causing the two to almost fall over.

Looking up, Cho Hee came face to face with the one boy she not need to see on her first day of school: Zico.

The said boy gave her a smirk and stopped in the hallway. A head popped up from behind Zico and Cho Hee noticed it was the youngest of Zico's group of friends.

"Hi Cho Hee noo-"

Zico cut him off with a small jab to the stomach and the latter starting coughing a little bit before regaining his composure.

"Well, look we have here," Zico whistled. "Isn't it little Miss Too-Good-For-Anyone."

Cho Hee narrowed her eyes at him slightly as she felt a Eunji's hand on her arm tighten a little.

"What do you want Zico?"

Zico put a hand to his chest and faked a hurt expression. "Whoa, I just wanted to come say hi on the first day of school to my favorite person."

Cho Hee clenched her jaw before Eunji squeezed her arm again. Zico wasn't exactly the normal bully but that didn't mean he wasn't a troublemaker either. In fact, if anything, him and his group of friends were typically seen as just the boys you shouldn't get involved with. They partied, they drank, they smoked, you name it. The thing was, Zico and his group Block B could be nice sometimes, if they wanted. P.O. on the other hand was nice almost all the time, he was the youngest and therefore the most carefree. 

Even though they were troublemakers, they had enough wealth and status to do whatever they wanted. And their parents let them run around the city like it was their own. Zico as well as a few others always thought they could get whatever they wanted. He and Block B used to get along with Cho Hee fine like most students did, until what happened about a year ago.

Cho Hee rejected Zico after he confessed to her. Being the the stubborn and egotistic guy he was, he couldn't believe a girl would reject him. Never in his life had he been rejected. He had girls left and right that would immediately say yes. He was the ideal 'bad boy' and to top it off he was loaded. After that incident, he did a 180 flip and was furious at the thought that someone rejected him. He began messing around with Cho Hee, bugging her whenever possible and throwing words around that he never used to say to her. For the first two weeks after she rejected him, he became agressive, saying she would eventually fall for him like the rest of the girls did in the past. But much to his irritation, nothing worked.

To this day, he still can't get over her rejection. A few of the Block B members didn't talk to her anymore, but it was more because they didn't want to get involved or could care less about her not going out with him. Some would still talk to her, such as P.O. would still be the friendly-natured boy he was towards her from day one.

It wasn't that Cho Hee disliked Zico, in fact they were friends. She would go eat with them every once in a while but she wasn't the party girl,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter