Caring

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was like time stopped for Cho Hee as she stared at the boy in front of her.

Had she heard that right? Maybe she just imagined it and misheard what he had just said. She wasn't his mate, there was no way she was his mate. She was human, not a werewolf.

was parted halfway as she continued to gaze at Baekhyun with a look of shock and confusion apparent on her face.

Noticing her expression, he cursed under his breath for doing something so rash and backed up a little from her to give her space. Suho had warned him not to do anything hasty or let his wolfish temperment flare. He had been told several times by his hyung that although it would be harder to control his emotions now that he found his mate, he needed to be careful in order to keep her.

At this point, Baekhyun himself was a little lost at what to do next. He hadn't planned to tell her so soon. Especially not in a situation such as this where they seemed to be quarrelling.

She's your mate, she deserves to know! It's too late to back out. Now you don't have to hold back anymore. His inner wolf pawed at him with a newfound excitement.

But Baekhyun's human side continued to bicker with his wolf.

This is not how I wanted to tell her!

"W-what... what did you say...?" Cho Hee barely whispered, snapping Baekhyun out of hit thoughts.

Her wide eyes never left Baekhyun's face as well as the confused look.

Biting his lip, he looked away for a moment before returning his gaze towards her.

His wolf was right, it was too late to back out now. It was now or never.

But in this moment, he could either win her or lose her.

His wolf howled at him, urging him to answer her and he finally did.

"Cho Hee... you are my mate."

Those words hit Cho Hee in the face like a tornado. She had no idea what they made her feel. Did she feel good? Bad? She didn't know. It was more of a shock than anything.

Baekhyun noticed that she wasn't saying anything and slowly reached out for her arm when she flinched at the contact then retracted her arm.

A grip on Baekhyun's gut tightened and his wolf began to whine at her reaction.

"Cho Hee...?" his voice faltered a little when he noticed that she wasn't saying anything.

Minutes passed in total silence before her barely audible voice was heard.

"Y-you're... you're lying. I'm not your mate."

Baekhyun froze at what she said. It was like a shard of glass ripped through his chest.

She didn't believe him. She didn't believe she was his mate.

Cho Hee was trembling as she said those words. It was like her mind was on autopilot. Like when you first find out about a loved one's death, you're automatic human instinct is denial. And that's exactly what was happening.

She couldn't think straight. At least not now, not at this very moment. Nothing made sense.

Her eyes hesitantly looked at his and she saw the shock and... something that almost looked like, grief? A twinge of guilt pricked at her but she couldn't bring herself to believe what Baekhyun had said.

Not bearing to look him in the eyes anymore, she down casted her eyes and her feet began moving on their own. Before she knew it, she was running down the sidewalk towards her house without looking back.

 

 

Baekhyun stood motionless as he stared at the brick wall in front of him, the very spot Cho Hee had stood only a few minutes ago.

He was in an inner turmoil although on the outside, his body looked like a hollow human boy standing and dazing off into space.

You fool! Why did you let her go?! Run after her you idiot! She's yours! She's your mate! His wolf growled at him while snapping its jaw.

She doesn't believe me! I can't force her to do anything even if she's mine!

So you're going to let her go?! You'll die! If you're rejected by your mate, you'll die! We'll die!

 But she has a choice! She's human, she has a ing choice and she chose...

She didn't choose! She just doesn't believe you!

Although, Baekhyun knew his wolf was right, he considered this the equivilent of rejection. She didn't believe they were mates, it was practically like saying she rejected him.

Slowly picking up his feet, he began running towards his house. The minute he reached the front door, he was greeted by Chanyeol, Kai, and Sehun.

"Hey Baek-" Chanyeol called out but before he could get the rest out, Baekhyun hastily sped up the stairs and slammed the door to his room. "Hyun...?"

The two maknaes looked at eachother in confusion before looking at their curly haired hyung who was equally as confused by Baekhyun's demeanor.

"Erm... what's wrong with him?" Kai questioned and Sehun raised an eyebrow.

Chanyeol was the first to get up and walk up the stairs. Trotting over to Baekhyun's door, he knocked on it.

No response.

Furrowing his eyebrows, he glanced at his dongsaengs who had made their way over to the doorway as well.

"Hyung?" Sehun called through the door.

Still no response.

"Hey hyung! Open up!" Kai called and knocked on the door roughly.

That's when they heard a growl from the other side of the door signalling the younger one to be quiet.

The three boys looked at each other again. They had never seen Baekhyun react this way before. Usually, he was the light hearted brother who had a good temperment and typically stayed on the calm side.

Something wasn't right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cho Hee rustled under her bed sheets when she noticed the sun starting to rise.

It was Monday already, which meant she had to go to school today. Going to school meant possibly running into Baekhyun. And that was somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter