Chance

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The door was slightly opened with some rustling coming from just behind it.

A head of hair poked out from behind the doorway peering at the two sleeping figures before disappearing behind the door again. Hushed voices could be soon were heard as well.

"They're still sleeping," one boy whispered.

"Let me see," the other whispered back as he tried to push his way to look from behind the door.

"No, you'll wake them up," the first boy grabbed the other and pulled him back just as he was about to poke his head in to look.

"Hey! I just want to see noona," the younger one whined.

Before the first boy could answer another figure, much taller than them, was standing next to them.

"What're you two doing?"

Both boys looked up to see Chanyeol standing there with mussy hair like he'd just woken up.

"Just seeing if hyung and noona are awake," Kai answered.

"Except hyung won't let me look," Sehun pouted and glared at the older one.

Kai shoved his arm. "That's because you're always so loud, you'll end up waking them up."

"Will not!" Sehun shouted a little too loudly and suddenly the noise of the bed creaking was heard as if someone were moving was heard.

The three outside froze after hearing the noise and quickly, Chanyeol slipped the door closed.

Kai shot Sehun a look. "See?"

Sehun looked down knowing that he had just proven Kai right.

Chanyeol could only chuckle in amusment at the two before grabbing the two by the shoulders and dragged them with him down the hall.

"How about we leave them alone for a bit so they can talk when they wake up," he told the two and the younger ones nodded in agreement for once.

"Do you think noona will accept hyung?" Sehun asked and Chanyeol scrunched his face for a second.

"The fact that she's still here and spent the night at least beside him says something at least. She wouldn't stay if she didn't care about him, even a little, right?" Kai put his two cents in.

"Yeah, I hope she accepts him... but for now, as long as she's still around him, it'll be enough to help him get better since it's a sign that she isn't actually rejecting him. Then we can figure out the actual accepting part." Chanyeol said to the two.

They both nodded again. They knew that having Cho Hee physically there beside Baekhyun would be enough to heal him of sickness but the actual acceptance of a mate would be the tricky part. She had at least told them that she would think about it, which meant she hadn't fully rejected him. So they were back at square one, except now Cho Hee knew about the mate aspect.

That was the thing with wolves, as long as they stayed anywhere in the limbo of not being rejected by their mate, then they were able to survive. Even if it meant being friends, they would be able to physically live. But the minute they were rejected in any way, sickness would befall on them.

So all the three could do right now was hope that Cho Hee would realy give Baekhyun a chance.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun slowly felt himself waking up as he heard noise from the other side of the door. Fighting the grogginess he was feeling, he forced his eyes open when the sweet smell of strawberries filled his nose. His senses heightened when he recognized the slim figure that he had been holding onto the entire night and immediately felt a small warmth in his chest. Cho Hee, who was now laying on her back, was still sleeping beside him on the bed. A small smile crept onto his lips as he realized that what he had imagined last night was actually true.

Yesterday, his fever persisted throughout the day and he had left his bed. Even with a few over the counter products that wolves don't normally need or use and home remedies Kyungsoo had made, his symptoms of fever, chills, sweats, and fatigue didn't go away. He had been having nightmares as he slept as well which added to his profuse sweating as he tried to rest and overall felt miserable. He thought he was having a dream that Cho Hee had showed up briefly and took care of him which seemed to calm down his nightmares and sweats but it seemed that his dream was in fact, not a dream, but reality. Because she was sleeping soundly right beside him in his bed.

To say he felt like 100% back to normal would be a lie, he still felt extremely tired but it seemed that his fever had gone down since his chills had diappeared as well. And it was all thanks to Cho Hee who came to him when he needed her. For a wolf, often times, if they were sick, having their mate physically nearby was enough to help speed up their healing process. To add to Baekhyun's situation, it was a possible sign that Cho Hee was also not rejecting him. Or at least that's what was hoping.

Continuing to lay on his side, he silently gazed at his mate in adoration as she slept. His arm was still draped over her waist, careful not to move it and disturb her sleep.

If he could wake up like this everyday, he'd be more than content with his life. Simply having her by his side.

But he knew that he needed her acceptance before any of that.

For a good 30 minutes, he laid there as he watched his mate and his thoughts wandered. His thoughts ranged from why she had suddenly showed up yesterday to how he was going to make her his. He didn't want to force her but his wolf was also selfish when it came to wanting her to be his. What complicated this the most was that she was human and being human meant that he needed to court her. He was trying his best for the past couple of weeks to be a gentleman but that weekend, he lost his cool and the wolf side he had been hiding from her suddenly came out. And in his wolf's mind, rightly so because his mate was in danger.

His train of thought was interrupted by a sudden movement in front of him. Refocusing his eyes on Cho Hee, the girl gently rustled around in the sheets before she over and she came face to face with Baekhyun. Still not opening her eyes, her breathing evened out again and she was back into her slumber.

Just inches apart, Baekhyun's eyes traveled from her long lashes down to her slightly parted, plump lips.

He had kissed those lips for the first time on Saturday, the ones he had been dying to kiss since he met her. Unfortnately, the situation did not turn out to be exactly how he'd liked it to be.

Taking his hand from her waist, he gently placed it on the side of her cheek and traced his thumb over her bottom lip.

With that small movement, she began to stir again and he quickly pulled his arm back and laid it on the sheets between them.

After a few second, Cho Hee's eyes began to open and she blinked a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter