Scents

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several wolves gathered in a small clearing, each having ran a few miles before finally meeting back up.

"The west side of the city hasn't seen any disturbances so far," Kyungsoo's wolf form let out a small gruff. 

Suho nodded and looked over to the others for their reports. Only certain areas of the city were clear while the scent of rogue wolves appeared every now and then in their territory. They knew that marking a new territory and claming it as their own wasn't as easy as it sounded. There was bound to being other creatures around especially if another pack hadn't already claimed the area as theirs. To their dismay, they were having trouble with rogues lately. 

"There was a hint of a few rogues in the south but they were faint and probably a week old by now," Chanyeol reported before looking back over at his partner, Baekhyun. 

The larger wolf flicked his tail at the latter to gain his attention and Baekhyun snapped out of his daze. Quickly looking up at Chanyeol before turning to see that the whole pack's eyes were on him. 

"Oh, yeah. The south seemed fine at the moment like Chanyeol said," Baekhyun finally said hoping his small blip went unnoticed.

But of course, it didn't. Suho's ears twitched a little before speaking.

"Baekhyun... something's distracting you. Is something wrong?" 

As his alpha posed him the question, Baekhyun's mind wandered back to Cho Hee before lowering his head a little thinking about how she was acting that day. Although he hadn't come across his mate the entire day other than the one time in the hallway, he could tell something wasn't right with the way she was acting. 

Baekhyun's silence answered Suho's question. The others could tell it had to have been something with Cho Hee. Baekhyun wasn't the type to be this distracted. Even though he may not look like the type, he was definitely a responsible one when it came to serious matters such as territorial patrolling. 

"Did something happen with Cho Hee noona?" Jongin finally had the courage to ask although everyone wanted to ask the same. 

Baekhyun lifted his head at the mention of Cho Hee and let out a small whine, not knowing how to explain. 

Chanyeol on the other hand, kind of figured what was going on in his best friend's head. He had been with Baekhyun and Eunji when Cho Hee was acting strange and quickly fled to class. It was almost as if the way she was acting was back to square one when she was still timid and afraid of all the boys. But the problem was that she hadn't been acting this way for the past week. They had gotten closer to her if anything and she seemed to be more comfortable around them so the sudden change was throwing Baekhyun off without a doubt. Even Chanyeol could smell the her bit of fear was back again. 

"It seems that she might be avoiding us at the moment for some reason..." Chanyeol finally decided to speak up for his friend. 

Hearing this, Sehun flattened his ears and whimpered. 

"What? Why would noona do that?"  The youngest whined at the older ones. If anyone had gotten attached to Cho Hee, it might as well be Sehun. Whenever she was around, Sehun followed her like a baby puppy following his mother. 

Baekhyun shook his head. "I don't know... We saw her today and she seemed unsettled before running off the class without Eunji. I didn't get a chance to talk to her at all after that," he told them. "...She wouldn't even look me in the eye."

Baekhyun clawed at the ground as he replayed the event. She looked anywhere but at him. Not only that, but when their eyes did meet, she quickly averted them. He could sense her uneasiness and he didn't know why. He desperately wanted to know why she was acting so strange. 

Kyungsoo placed paw on Baekhyun's to stop the boy from digging up anymore dirt. 

"Well, we still have to check the north side of the city. Her house is there. If she's awake, maybe you can talk to her?" Kyungsoo suggested before looking over at Suho for his approval.

Baekhyun perked up slightly at the idea and Suho nodded. Although he didn't know exactly how Baekhyun felt, he could only imagine how painful it would be to have your own mate avoid you. He felt sorry for the younger one. 

Without another word, the six wolves raced through the forest and made their way to the northern part of the city. 

 

 

 

Cho Hee stared at the book that laid atop her drawer in the corner of her room. She had been doing so for the past twenty minutes. If anyone had been watching, surely they'd think she was trying to cast a spell on it or was waiting for it to turn into pixie dust. 

Surely, anything like that could happen now right? She encountered werewolves for pete's sake! For all she knew, there could be wizards and faeries in her neighborhood at the moment. At the moment though, she was in the midst of a dilemma. She was too scared to read anymore of the book because their d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter