Small Steps

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two had grabbed a seat by the window and were waiting for their food to arrive.

They had been talking a little although Cho Hee still didn't seem completely relaxed around him. Her shoulders were slightly tense which he noticed and she would continuously fiddle with her fingers if they weren't talking.

Baekhyun had an idea of why she was still uncomfortable around him. It was because he was a werewolf. To be quite honest, he kind of understood why she would be scared although he wished that she wouldn't be. If anything, her first encounter with wolves weren't exactly a great one. She had almost been killed. It was no wonder she was still cautious around him.

Even though she was slightly tense, he noticed that she wasn't completely afraid. Maybe a little more than he'd like but at least she wasn't avoiding him. She was actually responding well to him, he had gotten the chance to come out and have lunch with her which meant something right?

When the food finally came, the two started eating. As they did so, two figures walked in through the front door of the cafe.

Immediately, Baekhyun's recognized the scent and looked up. Kai and Sehun had walked in and they both smelt Baekhyun the minute they came in as well. They looked at Baekhyun in surprise and their eyes traveled to Cho Hee's back. She was facing the other way so she didn't see them, but the two younger ones knew it was her by her scent.

Sehun's eyes lit up when he saw Cho Hee and he was about to run over when Kai grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him back.

"What?" Sehun asked innocently.

Kai gave him a duh-look. "Don't interrupt them."

Sehun pouted like a child. He wanted to say hi to Cho Hee and see if she was doing better.

Then Kai smirked thinking of something. "Come on, let's get a seat."

Sehun huffed but quickly smiled when he noticed what Kai actually meant. He followed the older one to a table, only two tables down from Baekhyun and Cho Hee. Kai and Sehun decided to watch them. But Cho Hee still was faced the other way while Baekhyun clearly saw them.

The older one narrowed his eyes at the two youngest of the pack before Cho Hee looked up at him.

"Baekhyun-ssi?" she asked with a spoon pressed to her lower lip.

He quickly looked at her as she gave him a questionable expression.

"Is something wrong?"

She was about to turn around and look in the direction he had been facing earlier but Baekhyun smoothly but quickly placed his fingers on lower cheek. Caught off guard, stared at him in a bit of shock before he placed a thumb on the corner of her lip and wiped it slowly as if something was there.

Of course, there was nothing on her lips, she eating perfectly fine not messily but he had to think of something in order for her to not turn around and see the two goofballs who decided to spy on them. Not to mention it gave him an excuse to touch her for once.

Slowly pulling his hand away as if he didn't want to, Cho Hee blinked several times.

"Sorry, you had something there," he told her coolly.

"O-oh," she felt her cheek burn for the upteenth time that day.

A bit embarassed, she grabbed a napkin and wiped her lips just in case before she finished her food.

Baekhyun did so as well while the two little wolves watched in interest and were grinning like idiots. Out of the corner of Baekhyun's eye though, he looked at Sehun and Kai and signaled them to leave.

Sehun shook his head.

Baekhyun clenched his jaw before sending him a glare and Sehun flinched.

Rolling his eyes, Kai pulled Sehun up and the two left but not before sending Baekhyun a devious smile.

Sighing internally, Baekhyun looked at Cho Hee who had finished her meal and was asking for the check from a waiter. The waiter came over with the check and Cho Hee pulled out her wallet. Baekhyun grabbed the check before she could down the money and looked at it. It wasn't too expensive but it wasn't a fast food restaurant either. He slipped out his card but Cho Hee quickly grabbed onto the top of the check tray.

"Baekhyun-ssi! I'm paying!" she tugged on the check tray that he held on to.

Baekhyun tugged it back playfully. "Sorry, can't let you. Guys always pay for meals."

Cho Hee couldn't believe him, didn't he hear her grandparents? She came out specifically to repay him by buying him a meal. With a determined face, she tugged at the check tray again but Baekhyun's grip was like stone yet he looked like he wasn't even trying.

"Baekhyun-ssi!" she struggled to take the check from him.

Baekhyun then realized how she was calling him. He liked the feeling whenever she said his name, but something was off. Pulling back at the check again, Cho Hee made a silly angry face but failed to take it.

"Cho Hee, don't call me Baekhyun-ssi. Call me oppa," he told her.

Cho Hee stopped tugging the moment he said that and she looked right at him.

"Eh?"

"Call me oppa," he repeated. "And then I'll give the check to you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter