(2) -Hidden Memories

HOPE

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 5 (part 2)

 

Hearing the clock ticking away makes you run chasing the time preparing yourself in front of the mirror.

“Another day has come. Fighting!!!” You whispered to yourself.

Your hands grab some sandwiches on the dining table and make a move to the door.

 

 

You always be the first who arrived at the coffee shop. On the way in, you see Min Young rushing to reach your footsteps. Both of you wait for the manager who comes a little bit late today. Noon has come. All of your co-workers work diligently to serve the customers. You sit silently leaning your head towards the wall in the edge of locker room. Suddenly you hear someone coming into the room but you don’t bother who is coming in. As the time pass through you could figure someone whimpering softly. You search through the whole room to look for the voice. Suddenly you see Min Young standing silently in front of her locker looking at a picture.

“Min Young-ssi, are you okay?” She startled listening to your voice whilst you see her holding a picture in her hand.

 

 

Both of you walk together and sitting at the side of the lake. That is where Himchan and you always spent your time together the most. Today, Min Young and you have a morning shift which gives you extra moment to spend with her adding up with what had happened at the coffee house just now.

“What had happened?” You ask her with concern.

She brings out the picture that you saw her holding a moment ago.

 

 

“Actually, I am here to look for my parents which I haven’t meet for years. This is the only picture that I have. I have no idea where I should start with.” She started to cry along with the story. You face showing the interest towards the story as she continued... “I have been staying at UK since I was 6 years old. I can’t remember any of the moment when I was younger than that, thus I live happily with my family there. I have no idea that they are actually my adopted parents until I was 10 years old when I accidently found my birth certificate in box that my parents never allowed me to get near with.” You keep on nodding your head.

 

 

*******

 

UK … 9 years ago.

 

“Mom, I need to fill in this form to enter this singing competition (while showing the poster to her). Can I join in?”  

“Yes you may my dear. I will support you no matter what”. Min Young jump happily listening to the words.

“But it needs a copy of my certificate to be sent along together with the entry form. May I get it myself?”

“Yes, it’s in my bedroom. You could see it at the usual place” Min Young run towards her mother’s bedroom.

All this while, she never keeps any important document with her though Min Young is a tidy person and kept her things well. Min Young pulls the knob of the door and the light enlightens the room after she switches it on. She moves towards a pile of important document at the corner of the room. She takes 5 minutes until she figured out what she’s looking for but suddenly her eyes drop on the ‘secret’ box that is placed under a table in that room. She neatly walk slowly to come closer to it and open the box. Her eyes catch a word on an envelope “----- Min Young” She is shocked looking at the enveloped that she never saw before. The first word seems to be blurred but Min Young encourage herself to look onto the content of it.

 

 

 

Min Young couldn’t think wisely when she saw the word of ‘ADOPTION CERTIFICATE’ on the paper that she just found out.

 

“Min Young-ah, did you found the document?” Her mother open the door startled looking at her daughter who is holding the paper that she hides from Min Young before.

 

 

 

rest

* from author : let's rest for a while :P *

 

 

 

 

 “Mom, w-what is this?”

“Min Young-ah”

“Answer me” Min Young started to raise her voice a little bit.

Her mother was shocked with Min Young’s reaction since that girl never raised her voice towards her.

 

“Why you never said anything to me?”

“I wish to tell you but you are still young. Even so, we also did not have any information about your biological parents. Please don’t blame us. We love you so much”

Her mother hug her tightly while weeping heavily.

 

 

Min Young can’t say anything because her adopted parent always treats her well for all these while. Suddenly her mother shows her a picture from that envelope. “This is the only thing that the agency gave to us when we plan to adopt you when you were 6”

 

Min Young stare at the picture which showing figures of someone that she couldn’t recognize; a man and woman standing at the back which Min Young guess they should be her real parents, a young boy ( Min Young thinks that he must be around a year or two years old in that picture) and a girl who is being hold tightly in the mother’s hand.

 

“This will probably be my brother right?”

“I am sure you are right” 

 

"I have a brother" Min Young whispered to herself.

 

Her mother pulls her in a hug again. Min Young started wailing for her mother.

 

 

“But what is my real name mom?” Min Young started to speak again after she can control her emotions.

“Min Young is your real name. We (both her adopted parents) just change your first name to ours …. Your real family’s name will be …..” Her mother took the envelope out but was shocked looking at the missing first name on the words.

“I guess the writing disappear because we haven’t taken care of this document well. I am sorry but I am not sure what it was. I will try to get the information back okay?” Min Young nodded and hugged her mother again. Her mother was relieved that Min Young is not angry with them for hiding the truth from her.

 

 

*******

 

 

Min Young smiles looking at Yongguk’s facial expression listening to her story.

“Oppa, are you okay?”

You smiles looking at Min Young’s laugh.

“Min Young-ssi, I am sure you will find your parents in any time soon. Don’t worry, I will try to help in any way I can alright?”

“Haha, don’t be too formal with me okay? Call me Min Young-ah … will you?” You grin at her and nodded.

“Thank you oppa”

“My pleasure. I hope I can at least help loosen your burden” Min Young started to smile but it disappear in a moment. You sense something while looking at her but you can’t bear any bad thoughts since both of you just knew each other. Suddenly you saw Min Young started to move closer towards you and she leans her head on your collarbone.

“Err … M-Min Young-ah” You startled 

“Can we stay like this for a moment?” You can see that she started to close her eyelid resting her head calmly with the same position. You just nodded .

You tend to pull her closer but you cancel the intention out. You move your hand along her long dark brown hair. You can feel how soft it is and you hope it could at least calm her. She smiles and touches your hand. “Thank you”.

You grin and started to hold her hands firmly. How you wish that you could know this girl a little bit more.

 

 

 

*******

p/s:

yeay , finished for chapter 5.

hope you can follow the flow of the story.

Keep on watching me and please teach me more okay ^_^

until next chapter :)

~ cheers from me ~

dance

* cheers from Youngjae , Joungup and Yongguk. hehe *