'Are you happy?'

HOPE

CHAPTER 22

 

You grabbed your hand tightly and your eyes fall on the figure in front of you. His unconsciousness worries you since he never do that before. Tears fall down your cheek again and again but no sobs is heard.

Himchan who realize that warmly hold your hands to calm you down. “He is going to be okay. You do know that he is a tough boy isn’t it?” You turned your head to Himchan and smile weakly. A slow nod is given.

Zelo keeps on talking to his hyung non-stop while holding his hands. For the first time in his life after few years , Zelo see that scary moment that he never thought will happen to his family. Losing a father a very young age was the last that he thought, losing his closest brother…..urghh , he can’t imagine that.

Daehyun is still shivering while clutching his fists together. Among four of them in the ambulance, Jongup is the one who understand him the most even though they rarely seem to be like that. Jongup is the one who always listen to his blabbering and all those ridiculous stories. He is also the one who helped Daehyun when ‘that’ happened. Even though the rest of them know what happened to him years ago, but they never talk about that matter again. That is why everyone in the ambulance seems to feel weird when Daehyun want to punch Youngjae’s face when in he usually doesn’t take anything seriously and it has been a long time that he is not acting that way. He will never get mad for things that are not going to benefit him.

 

 

*******

 

10 years ago.

“Jae , do you want to eat this? If not I will finish it for you” Daehyun happily asked this and that to his best friend.

“Dae, please , I am studying right now.” Youngjae laughs while put his fashion glasses down. At that moment, Youngjae is only on his preparation to take a test that will decide whether he will be able to study abroad as a major in language.

Both of them seems so close that everyone could say that they are dating but they are not. Thing is , Daehyun happened to nod when others ask him about his relationship with Jae since for him , Jae is someone that he could described as his everything since they are very close.

Their friendship seems to be close enough until one day that Daehyun overheard Jae’s conversation with one of his girlfriends.

 

 

“ So, I heard that you are going to study abroad huh? Tch, you are going to leave me alone again”

Daehyun just stay behind the wall and keep on drawing a draft for his painting and listening to the conversation. He doesn’t know why he does that though but…nevermind.

Both Jae and that girl keep on talking this and that about Jae’s dream which makes Dae to chuckle since he knows that Jae wants to look cool in front of that girl. Suddenly Dae stops his drawing when …

 

 

“ Don’t you feel sad that you are going to leave your bestfriend too? I can see that you can’t live without him doesn’t it?” That girl asked while ordering another cup of coffee.

“who are you referring to? Daehyun? He is my bestfriend? Why did you say so?”

“eiyhhh , ain’t it? Both of you will always be together most of times , why I can sense something weird here”

Youngjae shriek into laugh when he heard that thought from her. “ hey , come here “ Jae started to whisper to that girl. “ let me tell you this , this is a secret okay?” she nods.

“ Daehyun is just a place for me to get my allowances and I never thought him as my bestfriend AT ALL ! hee ~ ” that girl shows her ‘are-you-serious’ look but then Jae keeps on continue with his normal voice.

“ that is why I keep on sticking myself with him , plus that he is a hot stuff guy so I need his influence to let others know me as well. So does the teachers at our school. Ain’t it fun to do that?” he roar into laugh again.

 

Daehyun is one of the best students at his school. Plus with his good looking face, everyone seems to pay attention to him more. However, because Daehyun is not that good in making friends, he used to be alone at the school, and Youngjae is one of those friends that dare to say hye to him first which make them good friend for years. Plus, despite all those good score that Daehyun shows at school, nobody know about that Dae has been alone for this while time since his parents has passed away a long time ago. That is why he is living alone with that one of his aunt that live close to his house.

Daehyun can’t believe on what he just heard coming from Jae’s mouth. He is trying to bribe himself with a positive thought ‘jae is just making a joke , yeah , his is just joking I know’. But then …

 

 

“ ehhh , you are joking isn’t it?” that girl ask again.

“ why should I lie to you. Plus, I got what I want from him”

“ what is it?”

“ my dream to go oversea since the teacher let me pass easily since they know my talent from the influence that I got from Dae. Haha , OMG , I am happy “

“ what a bad guy you are Jae” that girl smile while hiding her ‘i-cant-believe-you’ look in her eyes.

Suddenly.....

 

 

“ are you that happy?” Daehyun comes out from his hiding.

Youngjae can’t hide his shocked face. That girl already stands up and looks at both of them. She then picks up her handbag and excuse herself.

“ dae..”

“ I am asking you , ARE YOU THAT HAPPY???” daehyun started to raised his voice up. Youngjae even more surprise that Dae never talk to him like that. Not even once.

“ dae … what are you talking about? I don’t understand it” Jae started to shakes his voice.

“ Yah , do you think I am that dumb to not understand what you have talked? Now tell me , are you that happy? “ Daehyun started to grab Jae’s t-shirt collar. He is seriously mad right now that all his trust for that guy loose somewhere that he doesn’t want to find it anymore.

“ well , t-t-that... is just a joke dae-ah. Don’t be like this” Jae convincing .

Dae let his fist down and sniggers. “ I feel that I am such a fool to trust a guy like you. Know what I am happy that I can help you. Now , don’t ever show up your face to me AGAIN ! REMEMBER THAT !”

 

 

Daehyun left him alone with thousand questions. He never thought someone that he put his full trust will treat him that, will take this friendship that way. He just can’t believe it.

Daehyun just went away with his tears falling down his cheek that he knows wont dry in a day and he doesn’t know when he will forgive that brat. On his way home, Dae bumped into Jongup who just happened to come out from the shop nearby.

 

 

“ yah , what’s wrong . Palli , tell me who make you this way?”

Jongup shows his true self that he always hide from others that he is a damn protective guy when it comes to family matters.

“ nothing “

“ pabo , do you think I did not know you? “ Daehyun is crying out loud on the street while covering his face with his hand, down to the earth. Jongup calm him while hugging him from dae’s side.

“ let’s go to that side. Everyone is looking right now.” Jongup leads him to the corner. Daehyun just follows Jongup’s steps. Although Jongup is younger , Daehyun knows that Jongup is matured enough to understand him at that moment.

“now tell me” daehyun started to slow his sobs and tell him about Jae. Jongup listen to every words that Dae said which makes him stands after he finished his story. “wae yo?”

Daehyun can see that Jongup has clutched his fist up and want to start looking for that damn guy.

Daehyun stops him and give a ‘no’ look. Jongup looks at him while get his seat back . “ but…”

“ I hate him, but I will never hurt him since at least he has done something good to me. Jongup-ah , listen , I did not have much friend around .. thus I think I need to think I have learnt enough. Hurting him won’t solve anything. One fine day , he will get his ‘present’ for what he did to me today. “ Daehyun trying to show his weak smile. He feels lucky that at least he has someone that trust to be around at that moment. If not , Dae doesn’t know how will he be .

However , Daehyun promised himself that he won’t trust people that easily since that day except for his family. Bang family ~ that is why , after that day , Daehyun will treat others carelessly and speak something that will only benefit himself. Trusting someone to be his friend? No , he wont do that again ~ He doesn’t want to be hurt anymore.

 

 

 

*******

 

Current time

 

Daehyun sight fall on Jongup’s body that still doesn’t make any move . His blood keep on flooding out.

“ hyung , his blood keeps running out “ Daehyun started to hold Jongup’s body while trying to wake him up like a mad guy ever.

 

 

“ Jongup-ah , palli ireona , don’t leave me like this please ! I am going to punch you if you not wake up ! PALLI IREONA !

 

His tears can’t stop and keep flowing down. Zelo who see that , burst into tears again and hold Jongup’s hand. He then shout to the ambulance driver.

 

“AHJUSSI , CAN’T YOU DRIVE FASTER? AIGOOO , THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY “

 

“Zelo-ah , keumanhae “ You speaks to him with your deep voice. Deep sobs can be heard. Daehyun and Zelo started to cool down since they saw you are also sobs silently for your dongsaeng. Dae thought that you didn’t feel sad but he is wrong about you .

Himchan then speak his mind up. “ he is going to be fine. Let’s just pray for him okay.”

 

 

Everyone then just sit still and wait for the ambulance to arrive at the hospital. You know that Jongup is a tough guy. He is going to be fine , you know that . However you can’t hide your fear that worst thing might happen to him. Himchan then put his head on your shoulder while whispering to you ear

“ trust him…keep on trusting him . He will wake up soon.”

You then smile weakly to him while touching Jongup’s head. “ be strong Jongp-ah , we are going to save you. Please stay strong “

The sirens surround the environment with each and every one hope that nothing bad will happen to Bang family again ~