Thank You

HOPE

 

Chapter 19

 

 

Everyone seems happy eating the dinner prepared.

“ Thanks to my beautiful hands for having all these cooked. Hahaha “

“so , Daehyun also knows how to pull up a good show huh?” Himchan speaks without looking at the person referred. Everyone is laughing out hard. Daehyun making his ‘whatever’ face and stop laughing straight away.

You who’s still giggling with the conversation continued “ haha , yeah palli , we need to sleep early. And wait , what about a picnic tomorrow?”

“ ouhh , whoa … what a surprise but it’s a good idea though” Daehyun answered.

“ Zelo , do you have anything tomorrow? Jongup? Omma? “

“ Nope , hehe , yeahhh , let’s go to picnic”

Jongup just shakes his head ; meaning that he will follow the idea.

“ Mom?”

“ I don’t think I can go . I have a promise to meet your uncle tomorrow. Sorry “

“ ahh ~ Omma , han beon man ~ “ You tried to persuade her.

“ No I can’t. You guys can go and have fun okay? We can go together next time “ She said while smiling.

You pouted. You know you can’t change her decision though.

“ Yah – why don’t you ask me to come together? “

“ Did I not?” You smirk.

“tch”

“ okay okay. Of course you are invited my dear channie” You pinch his check.

“ yah , boya “ Everyone laughs looking at his red face. You are not excluded. Bursting out loud and keep on pinching his soft cheek. You doubt , Himchan’s is softer and has some special thing about his body. (okay this sounds weird to talk about a guy , ain’t it Yongguk?) You monologue to yourself.

“Okay , it’s all set. We will discuss further after this. Now let’s finish these all”

 

 

 

 

*******

 

 

 

 

Half an hour later ,

 

Himchan and Daehyun keep on chattering on a topic that you are unsure off. They are now in front of the television.

Jongup is now helping you to clean up the kitchen together with Zelo and finish up after 10 minutes.

Three of you then get a sit in front of the television too. Your mother already slept after dinner. The house is now full of these boys’ voices.

 

 

“ Hyung , are you not working tomorrow?” Daehyun asked out of sudden.

You stared at him in a dim look. “ehm , nope”. Himchan then give you a deep look which makes you turn your head away.

“ Okay now , let’s plan. I think Jongup had prepared sandwiches, aren’t you?” Jongup nods and add up “ but I am not sure whether we still have them or not since….” He gives a look to Daehyun.

“ kkk , okay okay , I will help to make them back . Eh wait , why not we bring kimbap along? Haha”

“ alright good. Daehyun and Jongup , you will be in charge in food then. Is it okay? ( Daehyun nods happily since it relates to food. Jongup also smile weirdly to the order.) So for other things, Himchan and me will buy it after this” You give a look at the clock on the wall. It’s 8 o’clock.

“ so , are we going to go out early?” Zelo asked. He is now busy cleaning his skateboard. Getting it with Yongguk’s first salary makes him appreciate it more. You saw him cleaning the skateboard everyday which makes you feel happy even more.

“ yeah , around 8 o’clock in the morning? Okay?” Daehyun makes his ‘tch’ … he then mumbles alone ‘why so early?’

You who heard that and giggle a bit “so tomorrow, we will drive over to Hangang Park. So if you want to jog or have a walk , prepared your things okay? Zelo , you can bring your skateboard over. “

Zelo showed his ‘yeah’ face. He knows that you don’t like people sink in his own world if they are doing a family gathering ( as for zelo , it’s his skateboard ) . so yeah , hearing that he can bring over his skateboard enough to put a wide smile on his cute fluffy face.

“ any questions kids?” Himchan started to talk after been in silence for quite a time. Daehyun, Jongup and Zelo shake their head at the same time.

“ let’s go Guk-ah , it’s getting late to get the things “ You nod

“ we’ll prepare the food after we both come back okay? So don’t avoid your task neh , especially you Daehyun”

“neh” He keeps on staring at the television and smile awkwardly.

 

 

 

 

*******

 

 

“ what’s wrong with you Channie?”

“nothing”

“ come on. You can’t lie to me.”

Himchan then shows his wide smile and turn back to his sulky face. “ I have said it , nothing. Kaja “

 

 

You both arrived at the house around 9.15pm.

Then all of your siblings started to prepare the food. Daehyun is the noisiest person in the kitchen. He keeps on ordering this and that. All of them are doing the task happily.

Around 11 o’clock, everything is prepared.

 

 

“Okay , lets sleep early tonight. I will wake all of you up at 7. Make sure you are ready at that moment.”

“neh” all of them answered at the same time.

 

 

 

 

*******

 

 

 

Himchan is lying down on the pillow and facing the wall. The moon light is now filling the entire room. You lays beside him , facing the other way.

Himchan then turns over and face your back. He then cuddles you from behind which makes you hold his hand which is now totally wrapping your waist. You are now turned your face to him as well. Himchan’s hands are still at the same position. You are not moving his hands ; instead , you touch his soft face and smile.

“ You know , if I am not a straight man , I might be kissing you now you know?”

“ haha , you want it?” You smirk. “ haish , tch . you know that I am joking right? “ You then look deeply at him with your last few slow laughs. Himchan nods weakly.

 

 

You gave him a heavy sigh . “ what is wrong Channie?”

“ do you have anything to tell me? About something heavy perhaps? “ Himchan whisper to your ear.

“ waeyo? (why) “

“ anyi , I know you are hiding something from me. Palli , tell me”

You are now moving a bit and find a hand of Himchan’s from your back. The other is still at the same positing touching your waist. You hold his hand tightly.

 

“ I am actually worried that it might hurt your feelings.”

“ haven’t you always do that? Haha. okay , its a joke. Now please. If it can help you, then why bother?”

His words make you hold his hand tighter. You love your best friend and hurting him is something that you won’t do in any part of your life.

 

“ ehmm , you know , in simple word , I hold your hands more than I did to my girlfriend. I am worried Channie.”

“ What do you mean by that Gukkie? Does she hurt you or anything?” Himchan is now sitting in moment after hearing that sentence. You look deeply into his eyes. The worries is obviously shown .

You then sit and lean on the head of the bed. Himchan followed and sit beside you.

 

 

“ You are not mad with me? I mean , she is your sister “

Himchan chuckle a bit. He then folds your hands in his. “You know that I trust you with all my heart. Now tell me the whole story “

 

You then tell what happened between you both , how she reacts , the way she is with Youngjae and etc. The time shows that it is now 2 am but you are still doing your ‘story telling’ and Himchan listens to each word of yours patiently. The 2 hours session makes Himchan tired so he leans his head to your shoulder. You let him resting himself there.

 

“ Are you sleepy?”

“ No I am not. I am always okay when it comes to you Gukkie.”

 

Sigh.

 

“What do you think about this matter?”

“ I am sure it is hard enough for you right? I mean , it has been a long time for you not opening your heart to anyone after years , but …. byane … idk that she will do that to you.”

“ I thought you are going to be by your sister’s side. Why you believe to my words that easily? I mean, I can lie showing I am the bad guy here “

“ hahaha , Gukkie , I have known you for years. Your eyes, words, everything … I know your everything. Of course I trust you more. Even though she is my little sister, I honestly still trying my best to understand what kind of person this girl is. I am not a kid anymore. Trust me , I can sense which way my heart should trust to. No worry , neh?” He spoke in a very low voice which enough to make you feel his sincerity. Himchan then get a look at your face.

 

 

“ Yah , why you are crying? Come on” He wipes you few tears that started to fall.

“ Channie , please. I don’t want this to happen again. This is hurting me” Himchan knew everything about you, your past, etc. Crying in front of a guy or public , you can only do that with Himchan , and…..’her’. Thinking about ‘her’ makes you cry even more.

 

 

Himchan then drag you to cry on his shoulder. You can feel his soft clavicle touching your head. You know you can let this matter out to him. Himchan pats on you and keep on saying “it’s okay” .....“it’s gonna be fine”.

“ will there be another hope for me to find one true love? Should I just break up with her? Will that be okay for you? I just can’t stand with all these.”

“ look , I know you can figure out things well. If you think it is okay for you to break up with her , then … I think you should do what your heart says. I am okay. Relationship is other matter. What does matter for me is your happiness. I am sure, Min Young is hoping for other thing in this relationship. Try figure those thing out. I am sure you will be fine. Now, let’s sleep then we continue this tomorrow. Okay? “ Himchan looks at your face and wipe your tears. You nod.

 

 

 

Himchan then put you to sleep. He looks at your tired face. Smile. You are sleeping facing the ceiling and Himchan is facing your side. He gives you a deep look then he murmured to himself …

‘ It must hurt you a lot isn’t it? Kuenchana yo. I am always going to be there with you’

You heard his deep low voice and smile a bit. His words always give warmth to your heart and you feel like crying at that moment. You then turned yourself facing him with your  closed eyes. Your hands goes up to his waist this time. Himchan who looked at you with shocked face , chuckle a bit.

He then whisper “ yah – you are not sleeping aint you?”

You laugh a bit and whisper back to him ~ “ can I sleep like this? “

“ yeah sure” Himchan then does the same thing.

“ thank you channie …. For being by my side, for all these time.” You said that, still , with your eyes closed , tightly.

“it’s okay” Himchan smiles and sleep soundly beside you.

The night goes over like that. Your heart keeps on racing with your mind thinking on what is the right decision to be made. Having Himchan and the supports from your siblings let you see that there’s still hope in all these matters.

“ Yeah. It’s gonna be fine. “

 

 

*******