Sports Fest

The Social Ladder

 

 

Yoon Hee was about to close her locker when her phone vibrated. She picked it up from the locker and the gleaming bright screen showed; Text Message from Jungkook. 

From: Jungkook

Good luck for your game! I'm starting mine now. 

A genuine smile was formed on her lips as her slender fingers began typing a reply right away. As soon as she pressed send, she heard someone banged her locker close right next to her. Yoon Hee put her phone back into her locker and closed it only to find Sohee standing there. Of course she was. The 4D's had lockers right next to each other in the ladies' shower room. But now, it did seem pretty awkward and intense considering that life took its unexpected turn like this.

"Make sure you don't embarass us on the field later, or I'll fire you from this team myself," Sohee spoke up.

"You can't do that," Yoon Hee was not backing out.

"Yes I can. Just in case you didn't get the memo, I'm in charge now," her eyes were calm, not even an ounce of fear shown in her brown orbs.

"Says who? You're just a replacement when I'm gone. I'll reclaim my crown back. Soon," Yoon Hee her heels confidently, leaving Sohee alone.

"Well I'll make sure that doesn't happen," Sohee smirked and followed Yoon Hee out to the field.

 

From: Yoon Hee

You too! Don't play too hard, alright? Let Jimin win this time :P

Jungkook scoffed and mumbled, "Yeah, as if."

"As if what?" Jimin came out of nowhere, putting his hand on the maknae's back, startling him a little. His reflex made him hide his phone behind his back, causing Jimin to be suspicious.

"Who's that?" Jimin tried to peer behind him, but the sad truth was, the younger one was taller than him.

"Nobody," Jungkook tried to answered cooly. But he failed miserably of course. Actually, he did not know why he had to hide Yoon Hee texting him, but at that moment, it was too late to undo his action.

"Yeah....oh, hey look, isn't that GD?" Jimin pointed his finger, intending to snatch the phone away. Jungkook's head turned but he managed to defend himself when Jimin tried to snatch it. "I can't believe I fell for that," Jungkook said. A screeching whistle sound could be heard before Jimin could succeed in finding out what Jungkook was hiding. It was the Pink Team's coach callling out all of his basketball players. Jimin sighed and gave a 'I'm watching you sign' to Jungkook before heading to his team.

Jungkook let out a sigh of relief. Suddenly, he got thinking. Why did he try to hide his relationship with Yoon Hee again? It wasn't like they were dating or anything. Wait, dating? "Jeon Jungkook, what the hell is wrong with you? Dating? Pffft. Never going to happen," he thought to himself.

"Jungkook! What are you doing over there? Get your over here!" Jungkook tilted his head up and saw that his coach was ready to give his last minute briefing before the game started. He nodded and immediately rushed to them.

As the game was about to start, Jungkook stood right in front of the opposite team's player, Jimin, from the Pink House. The referee stood near them as well with a ball in his hand. Jungkook was sending deathly glares to Jimin who was just smirking at the maknae. Something like I'm gonna win this today. With the screeching sound of the whistle, the referee threw the ball into air, and both boys jumped to grab the ball first. Slightly a second faster, Jungkook managed to hit the ball first with his hand, sending the ball directly to V.

V dribbled the ball across the court, but a Pink Team player managed to snatch the ball from him, leaving him gaping. He skillfully dodged his opponents and managed to shoot the ball right into the net, earning a starting point. Jimin pumped his fist into the air triumphantly as if he already won the whole game.

 

Meanwhile, on the bright green field was the girls' soccer match between the Pink Team and the Purple Team. The goalie from the Purple Team threw the ball straight into play, causing all the players to dart forward. Due to her outstanding stamina, Bora ran up to the ball before all the other players could. She headed towards the goal where the Pink Team's goalie was standing nervously, knowing that she was dealing with the dark horse of their opponent's team. Bora was able to smirk despite all that, and with one strong kick, she sent the ball flying into the net of the goal. The crowd cheered as her teammates went up to her, giving her a congratulatory pat on the back.

The next half-game started with the results 3-1, favoring on the Purple's Team side. This time, the ball was with Yoon Hee and she could tell that everyone was surprised by her improvement. She was a bit better at passing the ball and her tackling skills was matching up to Bora's. She felt good. She felt confident. It was as if she already owned this game despite the fact that they were losing. Yoon Hee calmly moved towards the goal but out of nowhere, Sohee knocked her down. She swore that Sohee even elbowed her in that split second. The whistle was blown as Sohee innocently put her two hands in the air.

"What the hell are you doing? We're losing and you're still sabotaging me?" Yoon Hee furiously yelled, as she pushed Sohee repeatedly. She was sweating real bad, with the heat from the scorching sun, she did not want to deal with this crap right now.

"What are you saying? Why would I do that? I'm not stupid. Don't blame me into this," Sohee fired back, her eyes were as calm as ever.

The referee immediately tried to block the fight but the girls were too vicious and eager to cut each others' throats. Even the other players from the Pink Team tried to help. In the end, the referee blew the whistle loud enough for both girls to stop from killing each other. He then pulled out a yellow card for Yoon Hee, his reason was that she created chaos on the field.

"What?! Are you serious?" Yoon Hee could not think that this incident could not have gone even more ridiculous. The truth was Sohee kept on pestering her by purposely tripping her, elbowing her, but all was done secretly. Did Sohee mastered the-things-you-should-do-to-take-down-your-ex-bestfriend or what? She didn't do it too often, but Yoon Hee was just holding it in. She had to win. She wanted to prove the 3D's wrong. 

As the referee left and Yoon Hee had no choice but to follow his order, Sohee mouthed the words, "Too bad." Yoon Hee took in a deep breath, trying to cool herself down. This was getting on her nerves by the second. And to think that they were bestfriends, was just unbelievable. She scoffed while mentally ing her 'best friend' with swords over and over again. How she wished to just shut her up for good.

 

V's sweat was trickling down his forehead and onto the basketball court. Time was ticking fast, he knew he was running out of it. The Black Team was down by only 1 point; a very intense battle indeed. As he dribbled past the other players, one after the other, V gave his best shot as he threw the ball towards the net. Worried that the ball might be amissed, Jungkook jumped and BAM! He dunked the ball straight into the basket, it went in and Jungkook firmly hold the rim of the basket as the crowd aroused in cheer. 

The Black Team immediately surrounded Jungkook and lifted him above in the air. Loud cheerings and the sound of celebration filled the tensed atmosphere before. Amidst that, Jungkook saw Jimin who gave a nod in response, as if acknowledging their win. But not everyone was that pleased. Jungkook could also see Sungyeol and Hoya standing among the huge crowd. Their faces said it all. Jungkook winning this was just a start considering that they still had to face the Purple Team in the finals. 

"Yah! Yah! Yah!" a boy wearing a black varsity jacket startled everyone in the court. More like trying to get everyone's attention.

"Sohee and Yoon Hee are having a catfight at the field right now!" he announced. That certainly caused everyone to forget about Jungkook's victory earlier as they rushed out of the court to see the girls fighting. That's right. Not to help or anything, but to see. To watch. To entertain themselves. Jungkook's eyes bulged the moment he heard the news and he immediately followed the rest of the crowd after his teammates put him down.

Jungkook, V and Jimin arrived at the same time as the other Bangtan Boys. The sight that they first saw was just insane as hell, considering that everyone was practically aware that catfights are even worse than normal boy fights. Sohee and Yoon Hee were grabbing each others' hair, cursing at each other, yelling like mad women. Without a second thought, Jungkook went straight to Yoon Hee causing everyone around to be more intrigued into what was going to happen next. Flustered, BTS followed behind Jungkook.

"Yoon Hee! Stop it! Stop it!" Jungkook bravely got in between the two girls and tried seperating them apart. Bora came to the scene not long after, together with L and Sunggyu. Jungkook and Jimin pulled Yoon Hee away while L and Sunggyu did the same to Sohee. Both girls were in a complete mess; their hair were untangled, their soccer jerseys were almost torn.

"Now you're in their gang or something? Wow, this is my first time seeing they have a girl," Sohee remarked.

"If I am, you got a problem with that?" Yoon Hee's eyes were shooting lasers out of them.

"No, just glad. Have fun playing with those losers, Park Yoon Hee."

"They're not losers. And I've warned you. I will take my crown back. A like you doesn't deserve to be in my place."

"Come and get it. I'm not scared. We're not scared," Sohee was referring to Infinite as well.

"But once I do, don't regret what you guys did to me. Oh, and Sunggyu oppa, thank you for siding with them as well. I never thought you could do this to me but since you did, thank you. Because now, I can hate you all I want," Yoon Hee sternly stared at the elder, making him feel slighlty guilty. She let go of the arms that were holding her back earlier, her heels and left the whole Seungri High speechlees.

 

Author's note 
Another chapter!! I'm sorry it took quite some time. I really am trying my best to keep on updating but I wish that you guys would give some feedback in the comment section. Silent readers are not helping me with the writer's block here. Anyways, thank you for the subscribes :)