If There Is Hope

The Social Ladder

 

 

Dear Jungkook and my BTS oppas,

Not going to sound dramatic or anything but by the time you read this, I'd be gone already. Keke, sorry for not saying goodbye first. I'm so bad at those kind of things. Urm, so me leaving suddenly might come off as weird so I'm not going to let you solve the puzzle alone. I'm doing this for the best of everyone so don't question my motives. 

Jin oppa, good luck on your play. I know you'll be one of those handsome actors one day. keke ^^ Suga OPPA, just so you know I want to keep calling you that. RapMon oppa, take good care of the other boys for me. Hopie hopie oppa! Haha, I'll miss you and your jokes. Jimin, don't abandon V because he'll go out of hands if you aren't there. Thank you because you're the first one to accept me as your friend. Forever the angel you are~ V, slow down on your temper, you don't want Namjoo to get scared, do you? Take good care of her because she's a good girl...And Jungkook-ah, this noona is very happy that you're living life more enthusiastically nowadays. I'm happy if you're happy, so promise that you'll always be happy, okay? Date Soojin if it makes you happy, I don't mind. BTS, thanks for all the love and care. If it wasn't for you guys I won't even survive the rest of high school. Say bye to ahjumma for me Jungkook!

xoxo, 
Yoon Hee.

 

"Xoxo, Yoon Hee," Jimin finished reading the letter that was left on Yoon Hee's bed. Jungkook was the first to find it of course and the moment he realized what was going on, he opened the closet and found all of her belongings gone. Her clothes weren't there but the smell of perfume still lingered in the room. He immediately called up his hyungs to inform what was going on amidst the state of panicking. He just couldn't believe Yoon Hee would actually leave him.

"That's all?" J-Hope asked, as if those words weren't enough as a goodbye letter for all of them. "That brat, she just leave without saying goodbye to us?" Jin uttered his disappointment. Suga scoffed, "And to think that we actually mean something to her." Suga's words received nods of approval from the rest of the gang who were still shocked and saddened by her sudden disappearance. They were all devastated, not knowing what should they do then. V was staring at the floor and although he might hate her and take her presence for granted, it never occured to him how important of a person Yoon Hee was to him. To all of them, even.

"You okay, maknae?" RapMon asked concernedly. Out of all of them, Jungkook was the one who kept silent ever since the reading of her letter earlier. His face was void, his limbs looked weak, not being able to move or do anything for that matter. His heart was shattered. He never knew or expect that something like this would even occur. Jungkook was hurt. It was only then he realized that she was precious to him, more than he thought. He didn't knew why it would hurt so much but it just did. It was his first time experiencing such a thing and if he knew things would turn out like this, he would've tell her much sooner what she meant to him. But now, it felt too late. He resorted in mute misery, silently staring at the floor and ignoring the leader's question.

An air of deep and irredeemable gloom hung over them and they had stayed like that for more than 20 minutes. No sign of wanting to move or anything. Not until V rose up from his apathetic state and punched the wall. "V!" Jimin was the first to go running towards him, stopping him from acting stupid. "This is all that 's fault! Infinite's fault! L has to pay for this," he hissed furiously. His eyes was burning with rage of revenge and if looks could kill, well then L should be prepared to meet his end.

"Don't act hasty, V. We can't let Yoon Hee go like this. We've got to find her," RapMon reasoned. "But how? She didn't tell us where she went. She could be anywhere," Jin ruffled his hair in frustration. 

"You...miss him?" she warily asked. He scoffed at the question, as if the answer wasn't obvious enough. "I miss my dad too. I hope he's doing okay with mom," she continued. The mention of dad or family or friends nowadays was making her slightly blue. It could be the PMS, it could be the weather, but she knew she missed them. Yes, even her backstabbing friends.

"Don't worry. He's good. He left you in my hands and you're good too. Tell you what, why don't we go to Busan sometime later? A quick visit won't hurt," he cuddled her into his arms, this time he couldn't help it. She was too excited by the thought, eyes dazzling as if a little girl who had just been promised a lolipop. 

Jungkook suddenly perked up, his eyes were shining brightly as an idea hit him. "I think I might know where she is."

 

"Cheers to victory!" Woohyun hollered as he raised his glass of beer, they were all in a club in the downtown of Seoul. Thanks to Dongwoo, they were all be able to get in as he knew some connections to fake IDs. It was Sohee's first time there to be honest, she had always hated the blaring music and the eye-hurting neon lights in a club. It was not her, refined and composed, it was the complete opposite. But that night was different, it was special. L had begged her to come and after multiple persuasions with the assurance that she didn't even need to drink (she hated the way it tastes), Sohee reluctantly agreed. Infinite had got what they wanted. Yoon Hee was finally out of their sight for good. And Sohee felt contented with her job well done. Now, no one would mess with her throne.

"Ahhh! That feels good," Sungyeol put down his beer mug after taking a gulp. "Hey where's Tiffany anyways?" Hoya piped up a question which seemingly earned him a death glare from the ex-boyfriend. "Yah! You wanna die or something, dude?" "She's probably somewhere off with that gangster," Dongwoo replied, which put him on the same page with Hoya. "Hyung!" Sungyeol yelled. The elder just shrugged off casually, flashing his gummy smile in the process. "Fany is like so blind after hanging out with those losers. I'm obviously a better catch if she wants a fling to get over Mr. Grumpy over here," Woohyun quipped. This time Sungyeol hit him the arm, causing him to wince in pain. "At least he's more good looking than you are hyung," Sungjong commented. "What? Say again, you brat," Woohyun threatened.

Amidst all the nonsense of Woohyun mouth battling with diva Sungjong about he's more handsome than Jin, L noticed Bora who was silent from earlier even. It was not like her at all to be silent. "Are you okay?" he asked carefully, scanning her eyes and only to be found with worry. "I'm fine," she smiled reassuringly but L knew her better than that. "You're lying and do you think I'd fall for that? What's the problem? You've did it! We did it! Yoon Hee is not going to be in the way anymore. Or maybe....ouh, right, your dad. Family problems?" he suddenly remembered that Bora's family was falling apart at the moment and how thoughtless of him to be celebrating at a time like this. Bora slowly nodded even though that wasn't the only thing occupying her mind.

"Ah! I love this song! Ireumi mwoeyo~" Hoya singsonged, to where Dongwoo continued, "What's your name?" "Yah! Can't you guys be any more embarassing?" Sunggyu sent a glare to the two, only they couldn't really get the signal since his eyes were just too small, it made him seem like he was just staring. "Aye, this hyung is no fun," Sungyeol groaned. "Then maybe we need to get this grandpa to dance," Woohyun smirked mischieviously as the other guys understood the glint in his eyes. Sungjong got up first along with Sungyeol, both pulling Sunggyu's hands out of the seat. Hoya enlisted L to help them get the lazy grandpa to the dance floor, leaving the two girls alone at their seats.

Bora glanced around and she felt uneasy. It was not the first time she had done something bad but the guilt was building inside of her. She felt like she was going to go crazy for some reason. Maybe there was an ounce of angel-like quality in her devilish mind afterall. Maybe she was getting infected by Tiffany, whom nowadays seemed to not wanting to be a part of anything they did to take Yoon Hee down. She tapped Sohee on the shoulder and informed her that she was having a headache and needed to leave. "What? You're leaving me here with all these guys?"

She shrugged and simply replied,"It's just Infinite. It's not like they'll do anything to you missy." And with that Bora walked out of the rambunctious club despite the constant yelling of Sohee not to just walk away and leave her alone in the club she first stepped into.

 

"Chicken delivery!" 

A shout from the outside of the door accompanied by a few knocks on the door shot Yoon Hee straight up from her seat. She walked towards the cabinet near the door and grabbed her wallet resting on the top counter. She then made her way and opened the door. Finally, the long awaited chicken had arrived. Yoon Hee had been starving since earlier that day. Must be the change in air, she thought. Busan surely increased her appetite.

"16000 won, miss," the delivery boy mumbled underneath that cap of his that was practically covering half his face. Yoon Hee handed him the money and he immediately accepted it and put it in his jacket pocket. He handed over the box of freshly fried chicken to Yoon Hee but when her hand tried to take it away, strangely enough he didn't let go. Yoon Hee pulled harder, she was hella famished and dealing with this kind of absurd Busan delivey chicken guy crap wasn't going to do her any good. He pulled back even harder and Yoon Hee couldn't hold it in any longer. "Yah! Give me my god damn chicken!"

The boy finally lifted up his face and a smile was spread across his face. He grinned from ear to ear as Yoon Hee exclaimed, "Jungkook?" 

"I see you're eating a lot since you miss me," he quipped. Yoon Hee scoffed, she was both shocked and delighted to see him. Jungkook handed her her 'precious' box of chicken and ran over to a guy who had been waiting for him for the past minutes. He took off his jacket and cap, gave them to the guy by his motorbike and thanked him for letting him do a little surprise for his girlfriend. Well, that was what he told the actual chicken delivery guy and surprisingly that secretly romantic sentimental kind of guy agreed and let Jungkook run his little rendezvous. It wouldn't be considered a lie to Jungkook since he was planning to make her his later.

Jungkook took his seat beside Yoon Hee on the sofa. He realized that she was watching that drama again, Reply 1994. But Go Ara wasn't the main focus today, no. He didn't come all the way from Seoul to Busan, alone, just to watch a drama rerun, despite her being his favourite eye candy. He cleared his throat as an attempt to ease the sudden awkwardness. "What brings you here? Wait, how do you even know I'm here?" Yoon Hee was now facing him, her nose crinkled in curiosity.

"You're Yoon Hee. You wouldn't survive at some unknown place alone. Plus, you said that you missed your parents," he explained casually. She nodded to his answer, thinking that her planned mysterious disappearance wasn't much of a success. "Well then you should know your way back because I'm not going back to Seoul," she made her point, hoping for Jungkook to just buy it and leave.

"You're selfish, do you know that?" Jungkook suddenly blurted. Yoon Hee blinked her eyes a couple of times before expressing her disbelief, "What?" Jungkook sighed, "You are a selfish brat. First, you didn't even say goodbye to us, or me. You tell me to go and date Soojin. Then you say it's all for my happiness? What the hell was that? Don't act like you know everything and just order me to date. I date who I want."

"Whoa, whoa. Okay, then. I'm just saying since she's obviously into you," she rolled her eyes at the thought of Soojin. Ugh, how she hated that girl. "Who cares about that? I don't like her," he raised up his tone a little, his frustration was evident in his eyes. "I like you."

Yoon Hee froze in her spot. Had her ears been fooling her? Was she hearing it right? "Didn't you hear me? I. Like. You. Yoon Hee," Jungkook said word by word clearly but he still hadn't hear any sort of reaction from her. Yoon Hee turned her face to the left, she realized her face was just mere inches away from his. Annoyed by the silence, Jungkook turned to his right. He was taken aback by how close their face were and that made his heart to start pounding immediately. On instinct, Yoon Hee leaned forward and gave him a peck on the lips. She pulled back with her lips curving upwards, smiling at the dumbfounded Jungkook.

"Yoon Hee-ah! Can you..." Mrs Park's voice snapped them out of their reverie and Jungkook turned his head away awkwardly and pretended to be interested with the paintings hanging on the wall. Yoon Hee turned to her mom and answered, "Yeah?" Mrs Park wasn't oblivious of the situation and so she said, "Never mind. I can do it myself. Jungkook-ah, I didn't know you're coming to visit Busan," she greeted him. "Ah yes, I just arrived earlier. I came to take Yoon Hee back to Seoul. The guys missed her," he gave out an excuse. Mrs Park only managed to say, "Right. Make yourself at home, then." She her heels, feeling more giddy than Yoon Hee. She was excited by the thought of Yoon Hee and Jungkook dating, being in-laws with her best friend since college was the perfect dream. Mrs Park skipped to her bedroom, excited to call her husband and asked him to come back early for dinner.

Meanwhile, Jungkook and Yoon Hee bursted laughing at the situation. "Well, that was awkward," Jungkook commented first. "What? The part where mom walks in when I just kissed you?" she chuckled slightly before Jungkook grasped her hands with his, sending electricity sparks through her veins. "Don't ever leave me again. I'm happy when I'm with you okay," he brought her hands to his mouth and kissed it softly. Yoon Hee nodded unknowingly, it was like she was under a spell. A love spell, perhaps?

 

Bora stuffed her hands into both of her leather jacket pockets while walking against the chilly wind that were gushing. She kicked the pebbles along the way, feeling frustrated. She wasn't sure of why. Maybe it was the guilt, maybe it was the frustration of even feeling guilty in the first place. It was not like her at all to be sorry for doing those kind of things. Or maybe she valued Yoon Hee's friendship more than she thought she did.

"Ow!" Bora looked up to whoever that was exclaiming. She knew that one of the pebbles that she kicked must have hit the other party but what she didn't see coming was the person who got hit. "Sunbae?" she rushed over to him as she tried to confirm his identity. "You didn't have to go around kicking stones to my face, you know?" J-Hope rubbed the side of his forehead, still feeling the slight pain. "Oh my god, I am so sorry. Does it really hurt?" she tried to touch the part where she it and in response, J-Hope groaned in pain. "Ah I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Bora panicked over his reaction but J-Hope suddenly broke into laughter. "Gotcha!"

"Aish, how can you joke about something like that," Bora glared at the latter, feeling irritated by his sudden joke. "Aye, you're the one who's frowning and kicking stones to random people. Family probs?" J-Hope guessed. She just ignored the question and walked away since she wasn't in the mood to talk about it. J-Hope wasn't going to just give up like that and so he caught up to her, walking side by side.

"You can tell me, you know. I totally get it," he said. Bora stopped in her tracks and scoffed, "Why does everyone say that? Do you know it's the worse thing to say when you don't get it actually?" "But I do. I get it. I've been in your shoes before," he defended. She was slightly shocked by the fact but J-Hope continued talking, "Do you know why they call me J-Hope? It's because of my optimism. I still believe there is hope even when my mother says she's getting a divorce with my dad. I still think that maybe, just maybe if I keep on believing, that hope will appear someday. Well, maybe my mom won't remarry my dad, but at least I hope that there is still hope for me to be happy out there. That's why I keep on smiling and looking forward to what's next even when whatever that'll happen might be a blow for me later."

Bora was amazed by the sudden truth. The fact that J-Hope made it seem easy, always grinning like a goof and sleeping in between classes, it was like he didn't have a worry in the world. But she was wrong. Everybody was wrong. The pain was concealed beneath his facade.

"And I still believe there is hope that this all would change. That you would change," J-Hope uttered.

"Me? I'm the devil, aren't I? Why would I change?"

"I don't know whatever bad things you did, or recently did, but it's not too late to fix everything. Life's a to you but it doesn't mean you have to be one too. Sometimes bad things happen because karma's trying to teach you something."

"What are you implying?" she squints her eyes, feeling suspicious of his sudden inspiring speech.

"Just saying. Maybe if you start to do nice things, nice things will happen to you," J-Hope shrugged and walked away.

Bora was left to decode what he meant. It was as if he knew that she was the culprit behind this latest incident. She was lost, didn't know what to do anymore. Making one person got suspended and the other quitting school didn't make her feel good at all. Maybe she's not all that y as she claimed to be.

 

 

Author's note ♔ 
Double update ^^ Specially since today is BTS's comeback stage and also cause I haven't been updating for a long time..../shot. I'm updating this after watching BTS's live performance of Just One Day on ShowChamp. omfg--they are like sooooo good looking and cute and those dorks just---ah *.* ok, gonna stop fangirling and leave you with gifs.

p/s : this story will end in like 5 chapters. I have the basic plot but putting it in words is going to take some time...