Pretend to Befriend

The Social Ladder

 

 

Yoon Hee squeezed between L and Hoya to sit beside her boyfriend. She placed her tray of food, one that only contained a bowl of salad with croutons and olives on top. Her bestfriends also took their seats to eat together. Infinite and the 4D's always do everything together, maybe because Yoon Hee and L were dating, but it was more like because they ruled the school together. They even had the best seat which was near the cafeteria; a very long picnic table in fact, under a big shady tree.

"You're not eating again?" L arched an eyebrow toward his girlfriend.

"Yea I am," Yoon Hee replied, holding her fork and stuffing a piece of chopped purple cabbage into .

"That is not eating," he disagreed.

"Yoon Hee, this is eating okay," Hoya tapped her arm and shoveled a piece of meatball into his mouth. He then chewed it while making the delicious sign with his thumb up.

"Oh come on. I'm not the captain of the football team to be taking in so much carbs!" she whined.

"Why are girls so afraid of carbs? They're yummalicious!" Sungyeol blurted.

"Well first, if we love carbs then you guys are not going to think us as y then. And second, don't use that word Sungyeol," Tiffany who was sitting beside him replied.

"Why? It's a combination of yummy and delicious, showing that carbs are really good!" he talked back with his mouth full. Tiffany made a disgusted look and covered her side view with her right hand while eating her slaw. The rest of the gang laughed at the two lovebirds.

"Yah Lee Sungyeol! If we follow your yummalicious food guide, we might end up being like those fatties over there!" Bora pointed out to two girls who were sitting metres away from them. She said it loud enough for the girls to overhear.

"Oh hell no! I can't let my hot gorgeous Tiffany turn into something like that!" he kissed Tiffany's cheek, startling her. The gang continued to laugh loudly, making it seemed like they were having the best time ever, mocking people.

 

"Trust me, it is not even that funny," V commented as he ate a piece of grilled meat with his chopsticks.

"I know right," Jin bluntly replied as he shifted his attention from the popular crowd to his BTS dongsaengs.

"What I don't know is what you did this morning, Jin hyung?" Suga wiggled his eyebrows, curious to know.

"Jungkook?" Jin motioned the maknae to tell the full story in detail.

On cue, Jungkook spilled the details from A to Z.

Suga clapped his hands in admiration to his hyung and said, "As expected, our Jin hyung is the best!"

"Hyung, don't wanna be rude but it would be real helpful if you stay out of trouble this year," RapMon voiced out his opinion.

"Namjoon, don't worry, your hyung is gonna graduate this year," Jin patted RapMon's shoulder.

Jin was not able to graduate last year due to 'lack of participation' in school activities or something. He was so left behind in his studies, causing him to graduate the same time with his dongsaengs that year; RapMon, Suga and J-Hope. Well, he hoped to do so.

"Got any plans this year hyung?" Jimin inquired.

"I don't know. Just a little more participation will do right?" Jin mocked the principal as that was what he exactly said to Jin last year. Jimin just chuckled as a response.

"Maybe you should try Drama Club hyung," J-Hope suggested.

Jin just squirmed and said, "And get stuck every evening with that and his clingy boyfriend? Uh, no thanks."

"Tiffany is not that bad, hyung," V blurted. At that moment, he was attacked by glares from his BTS friends. They were shooting lasers out of their eyeballs.

"I mean, she's really good at acting. Yeah, just like her dad," V tried to make up an excuse.

"Huh, whatever. To me, those four es are all the same. Sometimes I don't know who to pity, us or them," Jungkook said.

 

L finally pulled out from his passionate kiss with Yoon Hee. They had been making out in her bedroom for the past hour, her parents must've been out of town again.

"So, do you remember what tomorrow is?" Yoon Hee asked L as she buttoned up her uniform shirt.

"Huh? What day?" L bluntly asked.

"Are you seriously not remembering what tomorrow is?" Yoon Hee's jaw dropped. How could her boyfriend not remember their 2-year anniversary, she thought.

"Uh...your birthday?"

"That's in 4 months!"

"Your....parents' anniversary?"

"No!"

"Uh...."

"Never mind L. Just get the hell out of here now. I can't believe you don't remember," she retorted, pointing her finger towards the door.

"Okay," he grabbed his backpack, walked out and slammed the door. Yoon Hee gaped at his action. How dare he! Just because he's L does not make him eligible enough to ignore me like that, she thought.

Yoon Hee took out her phone and immediately dialled Sohee's number.

"Hello?"

"Sohee! AHHHH! I am having a fit!" Yoon Hee screamed, causing Sohee to distant her S4 away from her.

"Calm down. What's wrong?" Sohee asked.

"L forgot our anniversary."

"It's today?"

"No, tomorrow."

"Ouh, right. Maybe he's just pretending. Maybe he's planning an ulti-mega surprise for you?" 

"Since when is he good with events?"

"Since...I told him you love them."

"You did?" Yoon Hee's eyes widened and sparkled with excitement.

"Yeah, so just relax will you?"

"Okay. Thanks Sohee. You're the best!"

"I know. I gotta okay. Student body's meeting is gonna start. Bye!" she hung up and scoffed. Yoon Hee was always unnecessarily calling her when she was so busy. If it wasn't for her dad owning the school, Sohee would not even looked at her with one eye open.

 

"Okay, the meeting will begin now. As we all know Ms. Ahn got first place for last semester, even beating the marks of her senior, Ms. Jung. I hereby now appoint you, Ahn Sohee as the president of this year's Seungri's Student Body," a teacher around her mid-30's declared. Everyone applauded and Sohee stood and bowed to receive the compliments.

"So who would you like to be the Vice President?" the teacher asked again. Seungri High School had a method of giving full power to the leader to decide who his or her underlings were.

"Kim Sunggyu," she replied.

Sunggyu mouthed thank you and she just smiled sweetly at him. This was all another propaganda, to strengthen the bonds between Infinite and the 4D's. They were just unbeatable.

Sunggyu was indeed smart, in fact he got third place last semester. Although, obviously he was still lagging behind Sohee. After the meeting was done, Sunggyu went to see Sohee personally to express his gratitude. He even offered her a ride home.

"Oppa, do you want to come in?" Sohee invited him.

"Okay," he agreed. He left his car parked right in front of the colossal mansion and walked inside with Sohee.

"Oh, you're here, Miss," a maid somewhat in her late 40's greeted Sohee. 

"Yes. Um ahjumma, can you please get a glass of juice for my guest here?" Sohee requested. The maid nodded and immediately went to the kitchen.

Meanwhile, Sunggyu was looking around the main living room, admiring the interior. Everything was modern and up-to-date, from furnitures to the tech stuff in there. He spotted a row of frames of pictures on a glass table, portraying Sohee, seemingly in middle school, together with her mother and little sister.

"Ah, that's when we went to Hawaii. I had so much fun there you know," Sohee interrupted Sunggyu's thoughts.

"Oh, I see. I didn't know you have a lil sis," he commented.

"I don't really like boasting about her. She's such a nuisance," Sohee rolled her eyes.

"Haha, aren't all siblings like that?" he laughed.

The maid her way in and served Sunggyu a glass of grape juice. He thanked her politely and she exited her way out.

"Oppa, do you know tomorrow is L and Yoon Hee's anniversary?"

"Huh? Really?" he asked, slurping the grape juice.

"Haven't you heard of anything? Like isn't L planning something tomorrow?"

"Nope. I don't think so. If he has an idea to do so, he'd surely tell us first. Why? Did Yoon Hee bother you again? Having a fit?"

"How do you know?"

"Well this is not the first, right? She can be annoying sometimes right?"

Sohee just slightly nodded, not wanting to show her exasperation in Yoon Hee. Suddenly, Sunggyu's cell phone rang and he excused himself to answer the call. Sohee tiptoed behind and tried to hear what he was talking about.

"What? Is now really the time? Are you sure L?" Sunggyu said.

"Oh okay. But I'm at Sohee's house now. Do you mind if I tell her?" he continued speaking. "Oh, okay, bye."

"Tell me what oppa?" Sohee blurted, startling Sunggyu a bit.

"Sohee-ah, you were right. L is planning something tomorrow," he said.

"Oh well lucky Yoon Hee," she said slightly sarcastic.

"Well, I wouldn't say so."

 

Author's note ♔ 
This 2 chapters had been more about the characters' background. In the next chapter, that's when the plot will start to take place and everything. Hehe, thanks for subscribing! ^^