The Makeover

The Social Ladder

 

 

"What?! Are you out of your mind?" Suga spurts out his drink, shocked to hear what Yoon Hee just said.

"I'm serious. I can help you guys get what you need and you guys help boost my popularity back," Yoon Hee explained more as Rap Monster gave a tissue to Suga.

"I don't need anything. I'm perfectly happy the way I am," V tried to question her motives. However, the whole gang turned their heads to him, with an expression that read 'Really?' V retorted, "What? It's true."

"Uh-huh. Yeah right. That explains your lack of anger management," Jimin muttered.

V was about to say something back, but Yoon Hee blurted first, "Whatever the case is, you guys need to stand up to them. To Infinite, to the rest of the school. Not in a gangster kind of way, but think of a more different approach."

"What's the point? Those people always ignored our presence anyways," Jungkook stated.

"Which is why we needed to make a change. For your guys' own good. For my sake as well," Yoon Hee continued convincing the BTS members.

"Okay, let's say if we do agree, what do we get from this?" Jin popped a question, already half-convinced.

"Oppa, I can make you get a spot in the soccer team. I can even get you into those activities you needed and then you can graduate!" Seeing Jin thinking, Yoon Hee continued, "Rap Mon oppa, I know you're good in studies. I can get you on the Student Body if you want. Suga oppa, Jungkook and Jimin, don't you wish to actually play as Seungri High's official basketball players? And trust me, I can get the whole school to look at you guys in a better light. Don't you want people liking you instead of dissing you behind your backs everyday?"

The whole BTS gang went silence. As much as superficial as it was, they were the things that they wished to get. Sure Infinite was making their lives miserable, but that didn't stop them from having this desire to be like them. Even if they won't admit it, Yoon Hee could see through their facade that they would want to be in Infinite's shoes for once. Who wouldn't?

"So are you in?" Yoon Hee put her hand out, randomly asking anywho she managed to convince. She was gambling, not sure if her 'talk' worked on them. "I'm in," Jin as the eldest, put his hand on top of Yoon Hee first. "I'm in too," RapMon did the same followed by Jimin, J-Hope and Suga. "Come on V, Jungkook! My hand's getting numb!" Jin exclaimed.

V and Jungkook shared one last look with each other before agreeing. "Let's make this work, guys!" Yoon Hee exclaimed, already burning with the desire to take back what was hers. "Bang, bang, bang, bangtan!" all of them shouted enthusiastically and completing their cheer by putting their hands up in the air at the same time.

 

Yoon Hee decided the first thing she needed to do was to change their looks. She would've taken them to the mall but she knew that they, even her, couldn't afford all those expensive designer clothes. So instead, she took them to a thrift shop near her and Jungkook's neighbourhood (after knowing they sold some pretty decent clothes from Mrs Jeon).

"Hmmmm, take this, this, this, this and this. Yeah, go and try these on first," Yoon Hee said after she managed to pile a bunch of clothes on V's arms. V chose not to argue since the weight of the clothes were getting heavier by the second. He obeyed and did as asked.

"That looks good on you," Yoon Hee commented as she walked towards Jungkook who was busy trying on a red cap. He turned around to her and back to the mirror in front of him and said, "Really?" She simply nodded and adjusted the position of the cap a little bit.

Jungkook felt something in him beating like crazy. His eyes oogled and blinked a couple of times in shock. Shock due to how close Yoon Hee was standing then. They had never been this close before and this made Jungkook felt slightly uncomfortable. Maybe weird. Maybe awkward. Maybe all of the above. "There, all better," Yoon Hee took a step back and smiled satisfyingly. Jungkook let out a small breath and opened up his mouth to talk, just to cool down his rushing adrenaline.

"So, you're sure this plan of yours is going to work?" he asked randomly.

"Yes. I'm 100% sure," she replied while looking at a few other accesories for the boys.

"But you know, if you want to be popular again, why not just do it yourself? Dragging us? I mean, we don't really suit your lifestyle," Jungkook said.

"There's no such thing as our lifestyle. Being popular isn't really about how much money you have." Jungkook gave her a not-believing look and Yoon Hee continued explaining her point, "Look, maybe it does. A bit. But the more important things are things Infinite does not have. And I know you guys can do this. Not just for me. But for you too. Don't you want Jin oppa to graduate?"

"Well, sure," he couldn't argue this with Yoon Hee anymore.

"Don't worry. You have Park Yoon Hee on your side. From what I've heard, she's pretty good at being popular," she put a hand on his shoulder, clasping it. Jungkook chuckled as a response. Not long after, V shouted from afar, "Yoon Hee, come here and tell me I look good in this!" Yoon Hee rushed to the changing rooms and saw V dressed in the black skinny jeans she gave earlier with a checkered shirt that surprisingly matched his figure. "Okay, let's take this. Now go and try the rest," Yoon Hee said and pushed him back into the changing room while V just groaned at the amount of clothes left to be tried on.

 

"But I like my hair!" V protested.

They were all standing in front of a hair salon right by the streets in the middle of Apgujeong. Yoon Hee decided that they might just pushed the makeover to the very end, even changing their hairstyles. She claimed that a perfect hairstyle could make or break someone's day.

"Yeah me too," J-Hope pouted, hoping to get out of this.

"But I don't. Now let's go in!" She pushed a few of the guys who seemed reluctant to enter. They said it was too girlish for them to get a haircut there.

And so began the whole makeover process. Yoon Hee happened to be a regular customer there and she knew the owner very well. He decided to give half the price considering his long-time friendship with her. The whole staff were busy working on the new hairstyles; some decided by the salon owner himself.

"Ermm, I'm thinking...." Yoon Hee slid her hand under Jungkook's bangs and lifted them upwards, revealing his quite large forehead. "Yeah, maybe you should go for like those spiky kind of hairstyles," she spoke to the staff in charge. She was about to nod when Jungkook said, "No! Revealing my forehead? That's like embarassing!"

"Your forehead is fine," Yoon Hee said as a matter-of-factly.

"No it's not! Hyungs are going to make fun of me and people are going to laugh..." Jungkook kept on blabbering, causing Yoon Hee to whisper to the staff, "Just do it alright?" She nodded comprehensively and Yoon Hee walked away, leaving a displeased Jungkook behind.

 

After the weekend ended, it was time to go back to school. Monday emerged and Yoon Hee was very excited to reveal to the whole school the new and reformed Bangtan. She had been giving lessons to the boys for the whole weekend on how to be less intimidating and nicer to people. Even on how they should walk or act. She wanted to create a wow impact on the first day of school so she asked the whole gang to gather at Jungkook's house that day before going to school.

BTS lined up in one line as she went in front each of them, inspecting them like an officer on duty. The boys were simply dressed in their school uniforms but their new hairstyles were definitely giving a change. First off, RapMon. Yoon Hee raised her eyebrow seeing the leader and faked a cough while asking him to give her something. Knowing what she meant, he took off the sunglasses he had been wearing since forever and handed it to her.

Suga and J-Hope passed the inspection but Yoon Hee stopped again at Jin. She glared at the elder and he immediately read her mind. He complained, "Man, you're worse than the teachers," as he tucked in his shirt. Next up, Jimin. He was smiling brightly as Yoon Hee moved on to V. He looked a lot better with his newly chopped, messy hair. Lastly, of course, Jungkook was standing. Yoon Hee took a step closer to him and fixed his tie. Jungkook felt the hardcore beating inside him again and also the stares from his hyungs. Truth be told, they looked like a married couple then.

"Okay, all done. Let's go!" Yoon Hee lead the rest of the gang outside to go to school.

All of them walked to school with Yoon Hee and Jungkook in front. Along the way, they could hear the whispers and squeals from high school and middle school girls. Yoon Hee managed to catch a 'Who are they?' and a few times of 'They're so hot!' from those girls. She could also hear some asking who she was, walking with 6 handsome guys. But regardless of the comments, she walked past them proudly. Her head was held high as she sensed an air of almost victory that day.

"Hear that guys?" she spoke up.

"Which part? The part where they say I'm hot?" Jimin was already smiling from ear to ear.

"But this kind of feels weird," V said.

"I...kind of like it," Jin said. Which guy wouldn't like it when girls said they were hot?

"That means plan no 2 is already on its way. Getting fans. Fangirls preferred," Yoon Hee said, clasping her hands together.

"Why? We're not some kind of celebrities," Jungkook commented.

"No. But this is the base to popularity alright? You got fans, meaning you got support, meaning people like you. When people like you, then you can get on the same page as Infinite," she responded.

"Yeah but what are we supposed to react anyways? This is so new to me," V confessed.

"Just act cool and smile. We don't need more badass jerks in our school," she hissed, referring to Infinite.

 

Soon, the whole gang finally arrived at their school gate. They entered the same school they had been going for the past years (except Jungkook) , but this time, something changed for sure. It was a change that Yoon Hee wanted. It was a good change.

Students were whispering and immediately huddled into their gossip groups, some couldn't believe they were BTS. Suga tried flashing a smile to one of the freshmen as he walked by, and it surprisingly received a squealing response. Even Suga was startled that he could make the girls squeal for him. It was the first time that they received such attention. Heck, the attention was from the whole school. 

Jin even caught sight of the principal actually staring at them. The principal was in shock but when he met eyes with his number one troublemaker student, he tried walking away. However, Jin bowed to him, 90 degrees, for the first time in his teaching years before he could do so. Flustered by his manners, he nodded his head slightly and walked away. Jin just chuckled, thinking that Yoon Hee's idea was not so bad after all.

Their whole grand entrance was put to a stop when the 3D's and Infinite went to stand in their way.

"Move," Yoon Hee hissed.

L scoffed seeing what Yoon Hee had done to BTS. She was trying really hard to take him down, and this was getting more interesting than he thought. Sohee decided to take a stand and said, "We don't want to. This is our school. We own it."

"Correction, it's L's. Not yours ," Jungkook spatted.

Bora was taken aback by his response but Sohee as usual, put on her pokerface. She was not one bit affected by it. "Looks like we just have to go through these guys," Jin moved forward and purposely hit his shoulders against L as he moved through the small crowd.

Jungkook smirked at his hyung's action. He decided to follow and the others did the same. Yoon Hee was the last one to get through. She managed to whisper into Sohee's ear, "Nice try, best friend. But now, it's on." She patted Sohee's shoulder before passing through. Yoon Hee fastened her steps to Jungkook who was way in front. 

When she was next to him, Jungkook spoke up, "You know what? For the first time, I think I like school today." He flashed a smile at her, one of those rare genuine smiles he could muster. She smiled back in return and they continued to walk to class.

 

Author's note 
Haha so basically I got the makeover idea from their rise of Bangtan era. Haha which is like last month. Jungkook looks so damn hot in that hairstyle!!! And V has this pink-ish kind of hair and Jimin looked handsome and yeahhh....I just loved all of it. Um ,so I guess subscribe and comment pleaseee :) I need to get feedbacks aite? Thank you for those who had. Have a nice holiday this Christmas everyone! 

http://youtu.be/fshBBDPMER0

(Link to Bighit's Perfect Christmas. Has RapMon and Jungkook in it. Plus other Bighit family! ^^ Check it out)

bts_me2_4277487872703872531.jpg