Bangtan Boys

The Social Ladder

 

 

Jungkook entered his house and he immediately went to his room. He was back from another hangout with BTS, his only best friends and brothers. Being an only child, he really cherished his hyungs like they were blood-related. He was thankful enough to have those kind of people in his life ever since his father died of a heart attack when he was 7. Now, he lived with his beautiful mother whom he loved so much.

Jungkook pushed the door to his room and at the same time, Yoon Hee came out of the room wearing nothing but a pink bathroom robe and wrapped her hair in a towel. The moment they met eyes, both of them screamed at the same time. That lasted for a couple of seconds until Jungkook's mom rushed to where the commotion was.

"What, what? What's going on?" she said as she pushed Jungkook's bedroom door.

"ert!" Yoon Hee screamed while pointing a finger at Jungkook.

"Mom! What the hell is she doing in my room?" Jungkook protested.

"Your room? Excuse me, I just moved in here!" Yoon Hee hissed.

"Uh yeah, the last time I check, I still live here," he fired back.

"Calm down, calm down. Yoon Hee, sweetie, I'm sorry to not inform you earlier but the other room that you're supposed to be staying in is under renovation. So in the meantime, you guys would have to cram inside his room," Jungkook's mother explained.

"You can't do that to me, mom! And plus, where did my bed go?" he inquired, noticing that instead of his single bed, there was a double decker bed instead.

"Oh I can't possibly put two beds in this small room so I got rid of the old one and bought this at the yard sale!" his mother exclaimed.

"What?! Why don't she just be your roommate then, mom?" he pouted.

"Your room is much bigger. And Jungkook, don't even think about changing my mind cause it ain't gonna happen. Don't even do anything funny to this noona because I'll make sure the door is wide open for you to sleep outside," his mother threatened.

"Maybe I will just sleep outside then," he retorted.

"Your choice young man. Now, be good. I'm gonna go cook dinner for us," Mrs. Jeon excused herself to the kitchen.

It was pretty awkward for Yoon Hee to act like she was okay with having a 'roommate' but she couldn't just go anywhere else. This was her home now.

"Get out," she spoke up.

"What?!" he replied in an informal way.

"Yah, I'm older than you! Speak in respect. And get out. I have to change my clothes, ert."

"Older? So? Who cares?" he just scoffed as a response. He still respected her rights though so he decided to get out of the room and helped his mother prepare dinner instead.

 

Soon, when dinner was finished, the three of them sat at the dining table awkwardly. The meals were not like when she was at her house, the maid would cook a whole variety of side dishes but there, it was not as grand. The food however still seemed enough. Yoon Hee had bailed on the whole diet thing ever since her life was ruined. What's the point when you were hated by everybody at school?

Yoon Hee and Jungkook grabbed the same piece of sliced beef with their chopsticks and both of them slowly raised their heads to look at each other.

"Let go," Yoon Hee said.

"I saw this one first," he was not giving up.

"I'm the guest and I'm older than you. Let, go," she bickered.

"I don't want to."

Mrs. Jeon saw this and she immediately acted the role as an adult.  "Kids! Don't fight at the dining table! Oh my, seriously Jungkook, there are still more pieces left," she grabbed another piece of beef and placed it into Jungkook's rice bowl. He had no choice but to retreat.

On the other hand, Yoon Hee smirked and happily ate the piece of beef. Jungkook gave her a disapproving look and his mother only sighed. She knew that this was going to take some time for them to bond.

After dinner, (Mrs. Jeon finished hers early and asked Jungkook to do the dishes), Yoon Hee was about to leave the dining room and head straight to bed. However, she was stopped by Jungkook's call.

"Yah! You! Clean up your bowl!" he instructed.

"What - yah? I told you I'm older than you. How dare you use informal language with me! And you were supposed to do the dishes not me," she crossed her arms.

"A, I don't care how older you are than me. I only show respect when that person deserves it. B, you live here now, so stop acting like a brat," he said.

"You're saying I don't deserve respect?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

"Don't you know who I am?"

"Yeah, yeah. One of those annoying popular girls at school. Oh wait, you're not anymore right?" he teased.

"Yah!!! You have no idea of what I'm going through so just shut up, ert!"

"Doesn't mean you just simply become an angel because of it. Aren't you one of the 4D's? The 4 Deadly Devils?" he smirked.

She just screamed and grimaced. Yoon Hee couldn't take it anymore. He was acting like he knew it all when all he could do was judge. She stomped to her room, correction, their room, leaving Jungkook washing the dishes alone.

 

The next day, Jungkook was about to leave the house for school when his mother called him.

"Jungkook! Don't go yet! Wait for Yoon Hee. She'll get lost going to school," she said.

He ruffled his hair and said, "Mom, I just walk to school. It's not that far. How can someone get lost?"

"Yoon Hee might. Don't act like Mr. Know It All and just wait for her will you?"

"Fine," he gave up. He sat down on the couch for a couple of minutes and glanced at his watch.

"Where is she? It's taking forever," he muttered.

"I'm done. Let's go," she coldly informed him. She must've been still upset because of last night.

While they were walking to school, Yoon Hee's face was sour and she shut completely. Jungkook noticed this and even though he hated her to the core, he was feeling a little bit guilty.

"Are you mad?" he asked cautiously. She was like a time bomb ready to explode.

"Yes." Jungkook did not expect her to answer so straightforwardly.

He contemplated on whether to apologize or not. He sort of felt a bit of guilt deep inside, but his ego was no kidding. He did not want to apologize to someone who did an even bigger mistake to BTS. Yoon Hee was the mean girl, and somehow, over the past years, she did something to blow BTS off. It was not like they hated her for no reason, it was more to personal grudges because of something she did.

Jungkook was about to open his mouth to say something when Yoon Hee interrupted, "Wait here for 5 minutes after I left. I don't want anybody to see me with you."

He gaped at her words. Just when he was going to be nice, she completely proved that he shouldn't. Yoon Hee left the scene, leaving Jungkook dumbfounded.

 

Sohee was doing her early revision in the morning before the first lesson started. Suddenly, the door to the classroom was opened and everyone looked at the entrance. It was Yoon Hee. Immediately, people started talking in whispers and mumbles as Yoon Hee made her way to the empty seat at the back of the class. She obviously figured her friends, or should she say ex-best friends would not want to sit with her anymore.

A few minutes passed and soon more students started to fill the classroom. Jimin entered the class and he greeted V who was his deskmate. He noticed that Yoon Hee was sitting alone, in the same row as his and V's so he decided to walk to her and sat beside her instead.

Yoon Hee was startled by his action, wondering why would anyone ever sit next to her anymore. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"Sitting. Oh, I'm Jimin by the way and over there is V. Nice to meet you desk partner!" he flashed off his infamous eye-smile. V could be seen pouting, obviously not happy with what his best friend was doing. Jimin just ignored him but Yoon Hee felt a little bit uncomfortable. 

"Why?" she asked warily.

"Because I want to."

"But your friend doesn't seem too happy about it."

"Haha, V is always like that. No worries, he can survive alone today at least."

The teacher for History walked in and the lesson started as usual. Sohee glanced to Yoon Hee's seat. She couldn't believe someone would actually sit next to her. She was sure Yoon Hee was going to be a complete loner without the 4D's. 

After the lesson ended, the teacher made an important announcement regarding a Sports Fest that was to be held in the next two weeks. Hoya and Bora was put in charge in handling the participations. The rest of the preparation was up to Sohee.

When the class was dismissed, Bora, Hoya and Sohee were discussing something. They laughed, again and Bora said, "Jimin, I hope you don't mind if I signed you up to play for basketball for the Pink House. Oh and tell your friend he's in for the Black House." She suddenly acted all nice, heck it was the first time she talked to Jimin. 

"Oh and we're going to play soccer together for the Pink House Yoon Hee," Sohee blurted. She flashed a fake smile across her face and before Yoon Hee could have a fit, Jimin guided her way out of the classroom.

 

"You wanna come and have lunch with me?" Jimin politely asked.

The past few days, she had to starve during recess because nobody would want to eat with her. It hurt her seeing Infinite and the now- 3D's were having a good time without her. It was so weird. It felt like she was completely dead to them.

"Sure, why not," she agreed. She followed him to pick up a tray of food from the canteen and towards to where they would be sitting. As they were walking, Yoon Hee realized Jungkook was eating at one of the tables in the canteen. She prayed that that was not the table Jimin usually sat at.

Bad luck, it was.

"Hey guys!" Jimin greeted. The other guys greeted happily but when they saw Yoon Hee, they acted a bit weird. More like sarcastically.

"What is SHE doing here?" Suga asked while scanning her from head to toe as if she had some kind of disease.

"She's my friend, hyung. Come and sit Yoon Hee!" Jimin quickly pulled her down to sit beside him. 

"And you bail on me for this?" V raised an eyebrow while munching a french fry.

"Come on, V. Don't act like a brat."

"Jimin, we all hate her. I say she can't sit here," Jin glared at Yoon Hee and she hung her head down low. 

"Hyung, the past is the past. Besides, if she's Jimin's friend, then she's our friend too," J-Hope tried to cheer up the atmosphere.

"Who says so?" Jin retorted.

"Come on guys! Don't be so mean. Hey, sorry about all that. I'm Namjoon but more famously known as Rap Monster," he introduced himself.

RapMon nudged for Jin to continue introducing himself but he woudn't budge. Jimin sighed and introduced the rest of BTS instead.

"The pouty one is Jin Hyung." 

Jin glared at Jimin.

"This is J-Hope hyung."

"Hi!" J-Hope waved happily.

"As you already know, the bratty one is V. Over there is Suga hyung and lastly, our maknae Jungkook. He's a sophomore," Jimin explained and Yoon Hee tried to avoid eye contact with Jungkook.

"Are you guys, the BTS?" Yoon Hee asked and Jimin just nodded. She widened her eyes in shock as she did not know that Jungkook was one of them.

To put the story simple, BTS aka Bangtan Boys were the gangsters of the school, famous for their fighting skills and everything. They were disregarded by Infinite because they were considered as 'low class.' But it was more to Infinite being scared of them. The same went for the rest of the students. You would not want to mess with them.

Although, everyone in Seungri High were perfectly aware of the legendary feud between Infinite and BTS. Once they fought, no one dared to interrupt or stop the fight. They would just be watching from the sidelines. Sometimes, Infinite would avoid fighting in front of the teachers and all just to protect their image. 

And now, Yoon Hee was with them ironically.

She just continued to eat silently, sensing that her presence was not wanted here as well.

 

Author's note 
New chapter!!! Keke, finally she met Jungkook and now she's even staying in the same room as him? o.O Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting! I really appreciate all those! :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ--3dDbsfwzT9YSPB-L5