Arcade

The Social Ladder

 

 

It was the weekend and Yoon Hee was slumping down on a couch, flipping through the tv channels but nothing caught her interest. She was dead bored as there's nothing to do in that house. Mrs. Jeon had gone out to work, (she ran a bakery), leaving her and Jungkook home alone.

"You're gonna break the tv like that," Jungkook said as he walked into the living room. He was wearing a casual blue shirt with jeans and hair that was purposely messed up a bit.

"Going somewhere?" Yoon Hee asked.

"Yeah, meeting up with the boys."

"Can I come?!" she inquired enthusiastically. She was too desperate to get out of this boredom.

"Whyyy?" he raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

"Ugh, I am so boring right now! There's nothing to do. I can't even shop cause I don't have any money. Friends, oh wait, I don't have them. I even lost my car already!" she whined.

"The guys will get pretty weirded out. What? Am I supposed to say oh hey guys, I just met her along the way and she tagged along!" he said in a sarcastic tone.

"Yes?"

"Really?" he inquired obliviously.

"Yup. Please, please, please!" she kept on persisting.

With a heavy sigh, he uttered, "Fine."

"Yay! Wait here 5 minutes! I'm gonna go and get dressed."

 

They walked to the bus station and the bus they were supposed to take was almost leaving. They ran and Jungkook slapped the body of the bus for the driver to stop. However, Yoon Hee just stared at it when the doors opened.

"What are you doing? Get in!" he ordered.

"We're riding...this?" she pointed to the bus, annoying the driver.

Jungkook sighed and just pushed her into the bus. He swiped his card to pay for both and thanked the driver. They managed to get a seat despite it being the weekend.

"You've never been on a bus or what?" he asked.

"Nope. I never and will never ride public transportation in my life. It's so crowded and non-sanitary," she said as she adjusted her position of seating as if she was uncomfortable.

"Seriously? People like you exist? What are you? Paris Hilton or something?"

"I hope to be. But, from the looks of it, I might just give up," her shoulders slumped down and her expression changed.

"I know what happened. Mom told me about it. And well, everyone pretty much knows about your 'fall'. "

"Well, it's not a secret anyways," she blew the fringes of her hair.

"Everything's gonna be okay, you know. Just wait and see."

The bus stopped and they got off. Immediately, Jungkook spotted his friends loitering outside a fancy chocolate shop, obviously waiting for him.

"Hyung!" he shouted as he ran towards them with Yoon Hee behind him.

"What is SHE doing here?" Suga asked.

"Oh, I...met her earlier. On the bus. She wanted to come."

"Good to see you! Hi!" Jimin waved excitedly and Jungkook scoffed at this. They all just ignored her presence and started walking around Hongdae.

"Where are we going?" Yoon Hee asked Jimin, almost like a whisper.

"Just having fun like we always do. Today, arcade time!" he flashed a grin and pumped his fist in the air.

 

Yoon Hee and Jimin had a one on one battle in Dance Dance Revolution. Despite her first time, Yoon Hee was doing pretty good matching the moves and all. It was getting more intense when suddenly, Yoon Hee missed a step and lost. Jimin punched a fist in the air and screamed like he won the Olympics or something. She pouted and stepped down from the machine. 

"Yoon Hee! Yoon Hee! How about a match with me there?" J-Hope invited her to play the shooting game. Her eyes lit up as she was up for the challenge, as always.

They were shooting here and there, too engrossed in it, not realizing that Jimin and Jungkook were watching them.

"Hyung is taking this too seriously," Jimin commented.

"And you're not hyung?" Jungkook questioned his win earlier.

"What? I'm a good dancer, okay?" he defended.

Jungkook just chuckled and turned to look at Yoon Hee. By now, the two finished 'fighting' and she lost, again. Her lips were twitching in annoyance, her eyes were screaming for revenge. She looked cute, Jungkook thought. Wait, what? No, no, no. She's not cute. Jungkook rephrased his compliment in his mind.

After that, they went to play one of those strength-required games and all the boys wanted to show off who was stronger. When it was Jungkook's turn, Yoon Hee half-laughed, causing Jungkook to say, "You laughed? Okay, let's see who's laughing now!" he took a swing and punched that machine hard. Surprisingly, Jungkook was third out of all of them and he showed in his expression that he was a little too happy with the result.

Yoon Hee's eyes widened. She did not expect for Jungkook to be THAT strong. 

Next, they moved on to the little courts where they could play baseball and there was even one for basketball, although, there was only a hoop and the aim was to score more points rather than playing the real thing.

RapMon, Jin, J-Hope and Suga went to the baseball court while the rest of the gang chose basketball.

"Score!!!" V yelled just in time when Yoon Hee walked in.

"You know how to play?" Jimin asked.

"No."

Jimin was about to volunteer to teach her when Jungkook snatched the ball and challenged, "An easy thing like this and you don't know?" 

Yoon Hee simply smirked and tried to get the ball from him. Jungkook was not going to play easy on her. He kept on bouncing to here and there even twirling the ball on his finger while whistling.

"Tired?" he inquired.

"No," she answered, irritated and panting.

"Okay, fine. Come on, let me teach you. Don't wanna you to be begging for it," he casually walked to her and gave her the ball. She took it and Jungkook teached her on how to shoot. She hold the ball while he hold her hands, almost making it seem like he was hugging her.

"And then you throw it like that," he guided her to gracefully throw the ball and amazingly, it entered the net.

"Yay!" she clapped happily and Jungkook smiled too without him noticing it.

But of course, someone else did.

 

At the end of the day, the boys decided to stop at Mrs. Jeon's bakery. They went inside and the warm ambience greeted them beautifully. It was Yoon Hee's first time there and she thought the bakery looked adorable with its pink wallpapers and SNSD's Gee playing in the background.

"Hi boys! Oh Yoon Hee, you're here too," Mrs. Jeon greeted them. Jungkook gave her a signal and she moved on to take their orders.

BTS ordered everything ranging from pies, to cakes, to just drinks. She excused herself to make their orders.

"Your mom knows her?" V arched an eyebrow.

"She...she's just a regular customer here, right?" Jungkook signalled Yoon Hee to nod and she did.

V sensed something suspicious was going on, for sure.

"Well, today was fun!" J-Hope exclaimed. He took out his phone and showed a few pictures to the guys. "Guys! Look at this, V and Yoon Hee made truce."

Everyone hovered over the phone to see the pictures. One was V happily blowing bubbles, not noticing Yoon Hee's there. The second one was him realizing she was there, but the bubbles beautified the picture. The last one was V showing a displeased expression to Yoon Hee.

"V and his expressions," Suga commented.

"You're really 4D hyung," Jungkook said.

The picture was rather comical but V thought otherwise. "Hyung! Delete that pic!" he yelled.

"Nope. I'll cherish and show it back when both of you really made up," he smiled and slid his phone into his pocket.

 

Jungkook excused himself to stay with his mom so that they could go home together and Yoon Hee made up an excuse saying she lived in their neighbourhood as well. The rest of Bangtan left the bakery and walked home. 

"Wait, why do we hate her again?" J-Hope blurted.

"Hyung, don't mention it. Don't you remember Jin hyung..." V didn't continue his story, afraid that he would get hit by Jin.

"But that's all in the past isn't it? She's not that mean anymore," Jimin said.

"Jimin, you don't remember her running over your bike with that dumwit's Lamborghini?" Jin was getting mad. He really hated all those stuck-up people.

"Well, let bygones be bygones, right? Plus, she's totally fun earlier!" Jimin was still defending her.

"Aren't you mad?" Suga asked.

"No," Jimin answered short and simple.

"And if I'm not, then why should you guys?" he continued.

"There goes the angel," V said.

"I guess I'm just the nice type?"

"To her," V retorted.

"Aish, okay, I'll sit next to you on Monday, happy?" Jimin slung an arm over V and they all walked back home.

 

Author's note 
I'm having an exam now so less updates for now. Ugh, wanna get over with this cause I have like so many ideas for this story!!! Anyways, thanks for reading! Subscribe, comment! U guys r the best :D