Worst Day Ever

The Social Ladder

 

 

"How do I look?" Yoon Hee asked as she twirled around in her outfit. She was having a live video chat with her besties, asking for their opinion before she went to her date with L.

"Awesome," Bora said.

"Fantastic," Tiffany commented.

"Hmmm, just one more thing. Oh yeah! Your shoes, your shoes!" Sohee exclaimed, being the expert. 

Yoon Hee went into her closet and asked her friends to choose between the black pumps or the leather flats. They all agreed unanimously with the black pumps.

"Okay, I think I'm all set. Wish me luck girls!" Yoon Hee smiled triumphantly.

"Promise us you'll spill the details tomorrow okay?" Tiffany said.

"Of course! Bye guys!" Yoon Hee ended the video chat and headed out of her room and toward the cafe just on the outskirts of town.

Meanwhile, the video chat did not ended for the remaining three yet.

"Wait guys! Don't go yet!" Sohee exclaimed.

"Why? Gotta something to say?" Bora asked suspiciously.

"Actually L is not planning to celebrate their anniversary," she confessed.

"What are you talking about?" Tiffany was still clueless.

"If I tell you guys this, you have to be a part of the plan okay? Once you know, then it's too late to back off."

"Just spill it, Sohee," Bora demanded.

 

Yoon Hee sat gracefully, on the bright red couch, opposite of L. He had already ordered a mocha, must've waited for quite some time.

"So, why do you want to see me?" she started the conversation as normal as possible, wanting to hide her excitement burning inside of her.

"I want a break up," those words hit Yoon Hee's heart like a bullet. Tears started welling up in her eyes as she bit her lips, overcoming the tears that threatened to overcome her.

"W-Why?" she stammered.

"Just...I just want a break up, that's all okay," he answered coldly.

"You're really dumping me?" she grimaced.

"Yes. We can still be friends if you want to," he proposed.

Yoon Hee couldn't take it anymore. She stood up and splashed his mocha directly to his face. The other customers all turned their attention to the situation. They all gasped and murmured something, trying to guess what happened.

L just smirked and wipe off the mocha with a napkin as Yoon Hee yelled, "Friends my !"

Yoon Hee stormed off the cafe with tears streaming down her face non-stop. How could he do this to her, she thought. They were supposed to be the couple that everyone envied, the it couple, 'the forever happy couple.' This happened totally the opposite of her expectations. 

She got into her red Ferrari and in there, she just broke down. No one was there, so she cried her lungs out. This was an inexplicable and cruel caprice of fate. Her whole world felt like it shattered into a million pieces. 

 

Once she got home, more bad news await her. She accidentally overheard her parents fighting, which was something that rarely happened.

"Well when are you planning to tell her then?! Honey, the bank is going to completely kick us out of the house by next week already!" her mother exasperated.

Before her father could reply, Yoon Hee pushed the door to their bedroom and innocently asked, "What does that mean?" Hearing no answers whatsoever, she began to feel uneasy.

"Mom, dad. What are you guys talking about? Why would the bank do that?" she kept on bombarding her parents with questions.

"Sorry, Yoon Hee. I guess I should've just told you sooner," her mom started explaining.

"Tell me what?"

"We're broke, honey. That Yoochang bastard, he took over the company by saying that I embezzled money from the company," her dad blurted.

Yoon Hee was stunned. She didn't know what to say anymore, this was too much for her to take in. She just froze there, trying to process what was going on.

"Yoon Hee, are you okay?" her mom asked worriedly, slowly walking towards her to give her beautiful daughter a hug.

"Don't come near! I...I just need some time," she said and walked out of the room. Both of her parents could only sigh, worried of what the aftermath for this whole thing might be.

 

The next day, Yoon Hee went to school as usual. However, she could not focus in her studies at all. She kept on zooming out of space, millions of thoughts running through her mind. On top of that, the news that were spreading around the school was not helping either- her breakup with L. Everyone and everyone was talking about that, in her class, in the canteen, even passers-by. Was that that big of a deal if someone broke up? No. 

But it sure did became one if L dumped the most popular girl in school.

To make it worst, the whole Infinite was not talking to her. She expected that L had told them not to, leaving her devastated than ever. Infinite was her friends by the least, and yet this was what she got. Yoon Hee went into the toilet and into one of stalls just to cry. Yes, she was as vulnerable as ever and she couldn't risk anyone seeing her crying. It was the only peaceful place she could think of, but she was wrong.

Footsteps entering the girls' washroom could be heard and Yoon Hee's ears perked up. She bulged her eyes, recognizing the familiar voices talking.

"I can't believe L's plan to take her down actually work," Bora said.

"Tell me about it. She's like the most loved girl in this school and all of that is - poof, gone in one day," Tiffany commented.

Sohee just applied her lip gloss before she made her remark, "Correction. The most hated girl in school. It's only her that thinks everyone loves her when in fact it's the other way around. L just made it easier for all of us to show our true feelings."

"Well sort of. I mean she's pretty and all, but that's it. She's not smart like you," Tiffany pointed to Sohee.

"Or athletic like you," she continued.

"Or Korea's future best actress?" Sohee piped in.

Tiffany let out a small chuckle but suddenly her face became serious. She asked cautiously, "Why did L chose you to be the next Yoon Hee again?"

"Yeah, why not us?" Bora put her hand on her hips and tilted her head.

"Not the next Yoon Hee. I'm better okay. Uhm, well, I don't know. I guess I dress better and I am the Student Body President," she smirked.

"True. L's all about the titles," Tiffany agreed.

"Bang!" Yoon Hee slammed the stall door open and her friends gaped. They did not expect for her to be in there.

"You knew all along? Sohee, Tiffany, Bora, you guys. How could you?" Yoon Hee was on the verge of another breakdown.

"Look Yoon Hee, it's nothing personal, its..." Sohee was cut off by a flustered Yoon Hee. "Nothing personal? God, and I thought we were friends!"

And with that, Yoon Hee walked out on them. She didn't know if she should be angry and mad or sad that practically her whole world was tearing apart. It was like a series of nightmare that wouldn't stop!

 

A couple of days later, her parents told her that they'll be leaving for Busan since her dad got a job offer there. They thought it would be even burdensome to transfer schools and all since Yoon Hee was in such a good school already. As a result, Yoon Hee was forced to live with her parents' best friend in a house that was five times smaller than her old house.

"Yoon Hee, please be good and listen to what Mrs. Jeon says okay? Later at the house don't be so rude," her mother advised her when they were on their way to her 'new house.'

"Whatever. You guys are leaving me anyways," she said coldly.

"Yoon Hee, we're not leaving you. We just thought it'll be better if you remain to school in Seoul instead of Busan. Plus I would only be working for less than a year," her dad tried to console her.

"Yeah, sounds really like a short period of time."

When they reached there, Mrs. Jeon greeted them with open hands. She was in her early 40's with shoulder-length black hair and angular face. Her smile was very motherly and it made Yoon Hee felt comfortable a bit.

"You have a son that goes to the same school as my daughter, right? Where is he?" Yoon Hee's mother asked.

"Ah yes. He's out with his friends for a while."

"Alright then. We should get going. Please take good care of her," Mr. Park requested.

"Don't worry, I will."

 

Author's note 
Next chapter I will start on BTS and Yoon Hee. Thanks for the subscribes and comments. Keep on commenting yeah!~ ^^