Rumour

The Social Ladder

 

 

High school is a term where you might experience the best or most cases - the worst experiences of your life. It also means that everyone will always know what's going on in your life. Especially if you're popular, the news will spread like wildfire.

Hwang Tiffany walked out of her black car, the sun was shining brightly as ever that made her eyes squint. She smashed the door of the car close before her driver zoomed out of the school. She perambulated towards her class building confidently, as always, with her book bag in one hand and her magenta notebook in the other. However, the sound of people whispering and hushing accompanied her as she walked down the hallway. Wary glances were thrown and this made her feel that something was wrong.

She slided open the door to her class which silenced everyone inside. They had to be talking about her then. She went and took her spot behind Sohee anyways while L, Hoya and her other two friends eyed her the whole time.

"Yah, did Sungyeol really dumped you?" Bora piped up the question they all wanted an answer from. Tiffany scoffed, "Did that said so?" "It must be true then," Hoya nodded, he was positive that that was the case from her reaction. "No! Who said so? We broke up. But he didn't dump me, okay?" she tried explaining, even though she wasn't sure herself whether who called it quits first.

"Why?" L asked. The couple had been together through many ups and downs for 3 years, so he needed to confirm whether BTS was really behind this like the rumour said. "Because...your stupid choding friend is making me crazy. I am just tired of him," she replied hastily, not even caring about the bromance they shared. "Tired? You're sure? So it's not because you're dating that gangster right?" Bora broke the news. Tiffany thought that she was merely teasing or joking around but her friends' expressions were stiff and serious.

She dropped open in disbelief, thinking that this had got to be somewhat the biggest joke of the year. "Are you freaking kidding me? You're believing something as absurd as that?"

"It's all around the school. If it's not true, do something about it," Sohee finally chimed in, her tone was calm as usual. "Yeah! She's right. Maybe you should consider cutting him out of the play?" L suggested. Tiffany on the other hand couldn't disagree more. She did not want to risk her play in this. "Just don't worry, guys. I'll promise this will go away," she reassured them.

 

"I don't believe this!" V slammed his hand on the table, the word disbelief was painted all over his face. "Yeah, I don't to. Who started this stupid rumour anyways?" Yoon Hee agreed. At the BTS table, obviously, them too were discussing about the current trending hot topic at Seungri High.

"But they starred in a play together. They have a love line in case you guys forget," J-Hope voiced out his opinion. He too, was not fond of the idea Jin and Tiffany dating, but he couldn't just simply cut out the possibility. "Even so, dating Tiffany means betraying all of us. Didn't we agree to never date the 4D's?" Suga blurted out, causing all eyes to shoot at him like daggers. He completely forgot the fact that Yoon Hee was in 4D's, and they were supposed to never let others know.

"You guys did what?" Yoon Hee scoffed, gaping at the ridiculous statement. "Yoon Hee, it's nothing serious. We all just did that after you dumped Jin hyung. Plus, hyung kind of threaten us so that we agreed," Jimin glowered when his other hyungs gave discerning looks to him. "Jin hyung didn't threaten us, okay? What Yoon Hee did, was unbelievable. I never want to date someone like that," V bluntly said.

Yoon Hee waved her hand and said, "Hello! I'm still here!" "Sorry, Yoon Hee but that's the truth. All of us swore to never date the 4D's, or 3D's. Ugh, whatever," Suga said. Yoon Hee was slightly hurt by the fact, weirdly, but she ignored it and keep talking, "Never mind. That's not the problem now. We need to find Jin oppa or Tiffany or anyone who can confirm this rumour." RapMon stood up, already ready to leave,"Let's split up and find Jin hyung. It'll be easier to talk to him than Tiffany."

However, before everyone could leave, Jin arrived and casually seat beside Jungkook. "Good morning, everyone!" 

The rest of the gang exchanged knowing glances, this sudden happy peculiar mode Jin was on made them feel uneasy. "Hyung, is it true then?" Jungkook said, almost like a whisper. Concern filled his eyes for he didn't want his hyung to make a mistake for the second time and get heartbroken again. Jin looked up, all eyes were on him obviously. He chuckled, causing them to feel like they might just need to prepare for his answer.

"Hell no! Gosh, you guys too? What do you look at me as? Plus, didn't we all swore to never date them?" Jin finally said. He gasped a little, thinking that Yoon Hee was not supposed to hear that. Contrary to what he thought, she uttered, "Don't worry, oppa. I know. The boys explained it earlier." He nodded understandingly and heaved a sigh of relief.

V swiped the invisible sweat on his forehead as he mumbled, "Thank goodness." Jin shot straight up and teasingly asked, "I thought you said Tiffany was not bad?" V scoffed and replied, "That doesn't mean dating them was okay."

"But, something did happen yesterday," Jin added. Once again, everyone turned their heads to his direction, worrying what he might say will leave them in some sort of shock. Jin started explaining and by the end of it, Jimin blurted, "Wow, hyung. I could never imagine you rescuing a girl." "Why did you did it, anyways?" RapMon intrigued to know. Jin shrugged his shoulders and uttered, "I don't know myself. I just did it. Plus, you know that using harsh actions toward a girl is totally cowardice."

Suddenly, the sound of bell peeled through their clatter signalling the start of the first period. Yoon Hee announced, "For now, let's all get to class. I'll try and talk to Tiffany and see if she has a way to brush off this rumour." The boys simply nodded and all of them made their ways to their respective classes.

 

Yoon Hee slided the back door of her class open after hearing all the chatterings and noise from the inside. Obviously, the teacher wasn't in. It had been 30 minutes since the bell rang though. Maybe Ms. Jung decided to take medical leave today. Or maybe that was what Yoon Hee hoped for. She walked towards her seat, pulled out her chair which made a screeching sound against the floor, and finally sat down. As she was about to wake Jimin up from his deep slumber when Sohee strided to the front of the class confidently and avowed, "Attention guys! Ms. Jung is sick today so she left some work for all of us. Please come and take it at the front and passed it to the back. Thank you."

Surprisingly enough, Yoon Hee's wish came true. She didn't see that coming, but boy was she grateful. She had to take care of something and it was far more important than some schoolwork, she thought. Yoon Hee stood up and walked past by Tiffany. When she saw her already standing up and perhaps wanting to go to the front ( frankly, quite rare for her to be the firsts to grab homework ), Yoon Hee softly grabbed her wrist and whispered, "I wanna talk. Now." It all happened in probably a nanosecond because no one realized that Yoon Hee 'talked' to Tiffany. 

"You know what I'm going to talk about, right? So I'm just gonna say it. Clean up this rumour. I know you want it gone as bad as we do," Yoon Hee immediately talked after Tiffany walked out of the classroom. "Don't worry. I got it settled," she shortly replied. Yoon Hee was slightly taken aback by her flat response. She expected Tiffany to act all drama-queen like she had before this. "D-do you know who started all this?" Yoon Hee inquired. Tiffany nodded and added, "And say to Jin sunbae that I'm sorry. Things are not supposed to get out of control like this."

Tiffany her heels but stopped midway. She turned back to her former friend and muttered, "Sorry. I never mean to betray you but you do know I'm in a helpless position, right? You're a great friend, Yoon Hee. I wish someone stood up for me like you did for Jin sunbae." She then left a confused Yoon Hee and walked back inside Class 3-1.

Yoon Hee scoffed, slightly shocked by the fact. "Did she just say she's sorry?" she mumbled to herself in confusion. "Weird..."

 

Tiffany sat down, not bothering about the homework anymore. Flashback crossed her mind of her confrontation with him earlier.

"Why do you want to see me? Already regretting for breaking up with me?" Sungyeol cocked his head as he speak pompously. "Stop this right away," she commanded. "Stop what?" he was acting oblivious. "I know you're behind all these rumours, Lee Sungyeol," Tiffany stared straight into his eyes, she notices his pupils slightly shaking.

"W-what do you mean, huh?" he lowered down his gaze, avoiding Tiffany's glare might be the best option.

"Who else would create such a stupid story me getting dumped?" she scoffed. "Me! Hwang Tiffany getting dumped? Not even in a hundred years, okay,"

"Aren't you being too arrogant now? For someone who's dating a gangster?" he chuckled sarcastically.

"You listen to me. If you want to mess with me, I can guarantee you are not going to survive high school in peace. Infinite? Yeah they can back you up but say bye bye to your role in that play. You might want to say goodbye to your whole acting future too, because it ain't going to happen. You get me?" she hissed.

Sungyeol gulped, Tiffany was more intimidating than he expected. Acting tough, he spoke up, "Yes! So what? I want you to go down with that and make sure you guys can't date in peace. I did it! I did it! And the least you could is threaten me?"

Tiffany clapped at the sudden outburst. She had expected this coming from him. "Good job! You did very well! Is that what you want to hear, huh? I am going to say this for the last time, I'm warning you. Your future in show business is done. I will make sure I'll use all my connections so you say goodbye to your stupid actor dream."

"No you can't."

"Yes I can," she retorted. "Oh and did I mention some broadcasting director is going to come to the play. My dad arranged it and he probably would scout some new talents."

With the mention of that, Sunyeol's eyes bulged. He wanted to be an actor so bad, it was his lifelong dream. Besides, it is never good to be playing with the daughter of someone who 'controls' the entertainment industry. He closed his eyes, knowing defeat was a mere metres away from him. "I'll clean it up. Just...keep me in the play."

Tiffany pushed the doors to the theatre hall, revealing a glimpse of the dark atmosphere inside. It was backstage after all and chatters could be heard a few metres away. She stopped, purposely eavesdropping at the mention of her name.

"So you're saying that's not true?" a boy who was one of the extras, whose name Tiffany recalled was Key, inquired. His conversing partner nodded, "Sungyeol sunbae suddenly came and threw a fit when he heard us talking about Tiffany. He said that they broke up, but there was no 'who got dumped by who' or something like that." "Well, I don't believe you, Sica. Or at least I don't believe Sungyeol. Didn't Tiffany like tie him up, beat him up and then blackmail him or something like that? Because that seems to be the case. You know how scary she gets," he shuddered at the thought. Tiffany cackled, thinking that they knew her so well. 

"Either ways, the rumour is not going to last long, I think. Infinite is not going to let anyone who talk about this stay alive. So, I'm totally keeping my mouth shut," she pretended to zip . "As long as I'm in the play, the hell with Sungyeol. I don't care who Tiffany dates, it's not like it's going to affect my school reputation," Key sassed. "Do you even have one to begin with?" Jessica sarcastically asked her poor friend who was now scowling.

"Why are you not practicing? Are your acting perfect already? Memorized the lines?" Tiffany barked suddenly, startling the two. They looked down, worried that Tiffany might have overheard what they said. "Then go and practice! Go now!" she kept on a stern face until the two left.

"Don't be so hard on the kids," a voice startled her from behind and he walked to her side. "What about you, sunbae? You want to get fired from this play?" she playfully asked. Jin shook his head in amusement. He even managed to crack a smile amidst that. "Alright, alright. Miss Hwang Tiffany, I'll practice right now," he stepped forward but stopped in his tracks. "Oh, and me helping you doesn't mean I like you or trying to get on your good side or anything, ok? Just getting that clear. We're cool?"

Tiffany nodded. The BTS Jin did not seem like the scary gangster to her anymore. She managed to mutter, "But I owe you one," although she wasn't sure he heard it or not. She was glad this was all over. With a sigh of relief, she fluttered towards the front of the stage and yelled, "Ok, let's practice. Take your places, people!"

 

Author's note 
Thanks for the comments. Keke is there reaaallllyyy something going on between Jin and Tiffany? *wiggles eyebrows* lol, here's an update! And don't forget to check out the album preview; Skool Luv Affair at BTS's website. Here's a pic to thank you guys for the subscribe! ^^


(just their concept photo...keke)