Party Part I

The Social Ladder

 

 

Yoon Hee gulped down the glass of milk down and wiped with the back of her hand. She got up and strided towards the sink, putting the glass inside it (at least she cares about her dishes now). A loud shout can be heard all the way from the door, "Hurry up! Or we're gonna be late!" She shuffled to snatch her backpack laying on the couch before hollering, "Bye omoni!" The bang sound of the door being closed was heard, and Mrs. Jeon could only chuckle. She shook her head gently, murmuring, "They used to bicker all the time, now they're voluntarily walking to school with each other."

Outside, scarlet leaves swirled around her head in a sudden chill gust of wind, causing her to be distracted for a while. Too out of focus to notice the biker a few feets in front of her, cycling at quite a speed. Jungkook pulled her closer to him, one arm sliding across her shoulders, and just by a hair, she was safe. The biker cycled past them nevertheless which ruined Jungkook's happy morning mood. He simply murmurmed, "Crazy ," and Yoon Hee looked up at his face, in time to hear his grunts. Jungkook looked back down, their faces were only inches apart, and (blame the stupid hormones, but) he felt that need to kiss her. Again. .

He let go of her immediately before he ran out of control and do something he will regret massively later. She was stunned, as if she could read his thoughts earlier. To cut back the awkwardness, Yoon Hee cleared to speak up. "I guess the weather is starting to get cold." Of course, casual talks about the weather is always the best option to play.

"I like autumn, though," thankfully, his response was something worth replying on. "Why? I like summer the best! No school, the beach, the sun and having fun with friends!" she slightly frowned at the mention of friends, the last summer she obviously spent sunbathing in bikinis with the 3D's, or playing beach volleyball with Infinite. "Not me. My dad likes autumn too, maybe that's why I like it as well. It reminds me of him, warm and quiet," he closed his eyes, reminiscing when he was 7, helping his dad clearing the lawn from the orange leaves floating about. 

"You...miss him?" she warily asked. He scoffed at the question, as if the answer wasn't obvious enough. "I miss my dad too. I hope he's doing okay with mom," she continued. The mention of dad or family or friends nowadays was making her slightly blue. It could be the PMS, it could be the weather, but she knew she missed them. Yes, even her backstabbing friends.

"Don't worry. He's good. He left you in my hands and you're good too. Tell you what, why don't we go to Busan sometime later? A quick visit won't hurt," he cuddled her into his arms, this time he couldn't help it. She was too excited by the thought, eyes dazzling as if a little girl who had just been promised a lolipop. 

 

"Oppas are here already?" Yoon Hee spoke up the moment she saw the rest of the BTS gang at their usual table. Suga cringed slightly, "I am still not used to the whole oppa thingy," he air quoted the word oppa. Jungkook took a seat beside him and started teasing, "Eiii hyung. We all know you like it." Suga shot him a glare which Jungkook dared not to fight any further.

"So I was thinking we could move on to our next agenda," she flipped her hair slightly. Jin looked to his side and asked her, "What agenda?" "Party time," a wide grin was plastered on her face, just the thought of it was making her heart flutter. "What is this woman talking about?" V quipped. They were all lost the moment she said the word agenda.

Yoon Hee heaved a sigh and rolled her eyes. "You know...popular people throwing awesome parties and they become more popular afterwards?" J-Hope pointed at himself and said, "We're...popular?" a crease was formed between his eyebrows. "Well, those letters you got everyday are all from your fangirls, oppa. Don't you think it means you're...I don't know, at least a bit more popular than you were?" she had a hard time proving her point. "Everybody knows us when we're gangsters too. Not that we aren't now, but uhh...never mind. Just continue," RapMon was trying to say they were popular from back then, but failed.

"So, let's throw a party this weekend. Just a have fun kind of thing?" she said. There was a moment of silence before Jimin shouted, "I'm in! Who isn't in for a party anyways? I've never been to one too," he added the last line and scowled. "Yeah, because this missy here never invite you to one," Suga stated as a matter-of-factly. "I'm up for it!" Jin voiced up his opinion openly. "Whoa, Jin hyung, what's up with you lately? You seem to live life better nowadays?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow. "You're saying I live in a bad way before?" Jin stared at the younger. "No. Just like an maybe," Jungkook was really looking for trouble.

"Alright, alright. If we are going to do this, where is it going to be held?" Suga tried to calm Jin down by getting back to the main subject. "Whoa, not my house! My parents gonna kill me right then," V put up his hands in defense. RapMon second, and Suga gave the excuse that his relatives were coming over that weekend. "I have an idea! Let's do at the maknae's house!" Jin suggested. Jimin agreed to the idea, "Yeah! He's the most popular out of all of us so there will be girls swarming in for sure." Jungkook shook his head, for some reason everyone was extremely humble when it comes to who had the most popularity among girls. 

"Eiii, yes you are. You got Soojin, Minah, Anna, Jinhee, eo, even Yoon Hee," J-Hope literally counted all the girls that had been following Jungkook all day long in school or like they called themselves 'fangirls' but he mistakenly included Yoon Hee in the end since Yoon Hee had been close to Jungkook lately. She glared at the elder, and J-Hope wasn't sure if it was because he included her name or was it because the list of Jungkook's fangirls. 

"I'm cool with that," Rap Monster vouched, followed by Suga and the rest of the group. Jungkook on the other hand was feeling anxious about the idea. Not because of his mom (Mrs. Jeon would probably work late again that night), but because of Yoon Hee. What if somehow the word spread throughout the whole school that freshman Jeon Jungkook was actually staying with a girl, on top of that, in one room, this whole time? Jungkook shook his head as he shuddered at the horrifying imagination he just had. Yoon Hee who had totally forgot about that spoke up, "Alright, then. Jungkook's house it is." 

Jungkook's head turned to her immediately as he shot her a knowing look. He tried to tell about the current situation but all Yoon Hee saw was the guy's mouth moving, blabbering about something, only mutely. She squinted her eyes, trying to understand his mouth movements but that wasn't certainly her forte. In the end, they all parted ways while Jungkook dragged Yoon Hee to walk with him to explain the urgency of the situation.

Not so afar, Sungjong had been listening to their little conversation the whole time. He smirked, thinking this will definitely please L. "Let's see if there is even going to be a party," he mumbled to himself before dragging his feet to his own class.

 

"You're sure about this, alright?" L asked again, as if not believing his words. He was just being cautious, because one wrong move and Infinite could end up losing this popularity war. Sungjong nodded, assuring his hyung, "Yes! I saw them talking and heard the party plans with my own ears." By now, it was recess and as usual, Infinite and the 3D's were at their table. Sungjong decided to bring the matter up as he thought that it was the perfect time since everyone was gathered. 

"So what are you going to do about it?" Dongwoo asked L who looked like he just put his thinking cap on. Everyone else stared at L, waiting his response, waiting for his mouth to utter some brilliant way of hijacking this party of theirs. Time seemed to be moving fast as L couldn't even think of one single way to do it. Frustrated, Sohee motioned her plan first. "It's been a long time since we did one too. Let's throw one, this weekend, my place."

All of their attention was now averted towards the ice queen, Woohyun was the first to clear her motive. "Wh-why?" he asked warily, unsure of whether the question made him look some sort of like a slow idiot. "You're saying that if we throw a party too, then there's no way anyone else would go to their party?" surprisingly, Dongwoo was the one to comprehend the whole thing. L registered the plan in his head before saying, "Sounds good to me. Let's throw the biggest, hottest party of the year, and then there's no way anyone would want to go there."

"I'm up for it! Ugh, I seriously need something to release all my stress. Partying sounds like a good way to do so," Bora agreed. She really needed a break from all the stress at home. "Alright then. Tiffany why don't you handle all the invites. Make sure you text all the cool people and they're going to come for sure," Sohee ordered. Tiffany looked up, her mind was not there earlier. She was too busy thinking about a certain someone causing her to not pay attention at all. "Uh, text? What?" she asked, totally blunt to the situation. "Noona! Weren't you listening earlier?" Sungjong was weirded out by her behaviour. It was not like Tiffany at all to miss out on what was happening in Seungri High.

"We're having a party to revoke those idiots' party so we want you to send out all the invites since you have the most connections in this school," L explained in one breath as Tiffany nodded understandingly. "Got it?" L asked again. Tiffany murmured, "Got it." The truth was her mind was still processing L's words. She felt something tugging at her guilt heartstrings when L told her that. If it was back then, she would send out the invites in no time. But something was making her feeling guilty at the moment. It was very new to her. She continued on eating her fruit salad, quite shocked by her own feeling.

"Are you sure she's going to do it? What if she betrays us and tell them?" Sungyeol purposely said that aloud. He was still agitated by her, mostly by how he cannot get his own revenge. Hoya elbowed him slightly, "Eii why are you like this?" On top of that, Sunggyu scolded him, "Stop saying bad things about Tiffany. And don't drag us into your stupid breakup." Sungyeol didn't have the courage and confidence to fight him. He was Sunggyu after all, the leader of Infinite, and the eldest out of all of them. And so he lowered down his head, chewing the spoonful of rice he shoved into his mouth earlier.

 

A few days later, the rumour about Infinite also throwing a party was all over the school. From one student, to the other, they were all busy debating whether to go to BTS's or Infinite's party; which was probably kind of good news to the BTS gang. At least, people were debating on which party to go rather to completely choose Infinite straight away. Well, that was what Yoon Hee said when tried to be optimistic.

It was too late to back out, and backing out meant quitting. It meant they raised the white flag right before the war. They were 90% sure they were going to lose, but Yoon Hee pushed all the guys to get the preparation for the party ready anyways. J-Hope and Rap Monster was in charge of the food, Suga was in charge of the music while V and Jimin was in charge of getting the decorations. Yoon Hee and Jungkook got the most important task, and that was to convince Mrs. Jeon to stay out at the bakery the whole night. It was an easy task to Jungkook obviously, although his mother was a bit suspicious at first. Everything was in place, and the only thing left to do was to get the party started.

Yoon Hee put on her hoop earrings, those she hadn't wear in a long time considering the only places she went out to now was either the ddeokbukki store down the street or Mrs. Jeon's bakery. She hadn't dress up in a long time, but she was glad she decided to keep her burgundy red miniskirt which was the highlight of her outfit that night. She had her wavy hair let down, resting on her shoulders. Jungkook knocked on the door before opening it, only to reveal a godess in front of him. He was once again smitten by her beauty, and he was sure his heart was beating madly, probably even faster than before. He gulped at her sight, before Yoon Hee spoke up to bring him back to reality. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

Lost for words, he managed to stutter a bit, "Uh...uhh...That...Um...BTS hyungs are here." She got up immediately and sprayed some perfume onto herself before walking out of the room. Jungkook unknowingly sniffed the smell, he always liked it how she smelt like flowers on a spring day. "What are you doing? Aren't you coming down?" she raised an eyebrow, Jungkook seemed funnier by the day. "Eo? Um, coming!" he trailed Yoon Hee's steps while mentally scolding at himself. "Way to go, Jungkook. Now you're just a creep," his inner self thought.

"There's still no one here?" Yoon Hee asked innocently. Everything was ready, but the only thing missing were the guests. Jin shrugged, his face clearlt showed that he knew this party would turn to be a disaster. "I told you no one's going to come!" Suga exasperated. "Aish, those Infinite people are really messing with us!" V smacked his hand on a table nearby, causing Jimin who was next to him to be a bit startled.

"No, let's just wait a bit more. They'll come, please come," she crossed her fingers, praying that her wishes would be answered. 

 

Author's note 
So new update! Thank you you awesome subscribers. /blow kisses/  Haha, so anyways, BTS is out with Boy in Luv! Wohoooooooo!~ /parties/ They look so hawt how could they do this to me ;~; V just turned damn hot I swear, where did my 4D alien Taehyung go??!! Argh, going crazy because of these guys. One thing though, whenever I write a fic, suddenly a song came out that suits it. Happened to my first fic before, and now this? Thanks Bighit for using the concpet of teenagers' love. Kekekeke, ok, enough blabbering. 

1e69e39497ab11e3a27d122421dbd760_6.jpg