Caught Up

The Social Ladder

 

 

"And your mom asked her to? Wow, I wish I had a mom like yours," Jimin sighed playfully.

It had been quite some time after the 'confrontation' and now they were busy shooting questions to the poor maknae. Well living with a girl is not something everyone could experience. On top of that in one room.

"So that's why I can't come and play video games anymore," V grunted. Jungkook nodded approvingly now that the cat was out of the bag. "So, did you guys like..." Jimin inquired, trailing off hoping that Jungkook would understand. The only reply he got was a smack on the head as Jin scolded, "Yah! What kind of girl you think Yoon Hee is!" Jungkook on the other hand defended himself, "Hello? What about your dear maknae here? What kind of guy do you think I am, hyung?" The rest of them chuckled at their antics including Yoon Hee. erted Jimin, she thought.

"Okay, I think we should all get back to the party now," RapMon voiced out his opinion. They were letting all the guests downstairs without even checking on what was going on. The others agreed as they all shuffled out of the door. Jungkook however was purposely slowing down his moves and waiting for the other hyungs to go out. He blocked the path when Yoon Hee was about to walk out with his right arm, causing her to stumble to the back a bit. Jungkook signalled Jimin to head out first and after decoding what he meant, Jimin saluted the younger one before heading out as well.

"You're not mad?" he uttered. She glanced at the boy who was just a few metres beside her. "No," Yoon Hee replied short. The atmosphere turned awkward once again and imaginary cricket sounds started to play in the background. "Aish, is he going to talk or what?" Yoon Hee thought. Jungkook seemed to having trouble in talking to her these days which made her feel weirded out. Slightly guilty to be honest. She was worried that she might've done something wrong that made him uncomfortable with her.

"Yoon Hee..." he finally called out. She was still waiting for an actual topic to come out because he seemed like he was trying to give out an important speech at the Blue House or something. "I...I....li-" Jungkook was cut off by the sound of his own ringtone. He sighed deeply, as if frustrated by whoever was calling at the moment. He scanned the ID of the caller and it was Jin. He slided his finger over the screen to accept the call and put the phone to his ear. "What hyung?" his voice came out as a bit annoyed, which was not his attention. He was slightly irritated to be disturbed at this important moment but it was his hyung after all.

"Jungkook, I think we're in deep trouble. No, maybe just you," he spoke in a manner that was almost shouting amidst the loud music in the background. Unsure of what he meant, Jungkook decided to go downstairs himself to check on what was happening. 

"Wait, you're trying to say something?" Yoon Hee halted him to a stop, her face was innocent and genuinely curious. He closed his eyes in frustration but managed to say, "That can wait another day. Jin hyung just called. He says I'm in trouble." And with that Jungkook immediately went out of the room, leaving a very confused Yoon Hee behind. She followed after him needless, even until out into the front lawn. Yoon Hee paused in her tracks, her eyes were bulging from surprise. 

"Jeon Jungkook, Park Yoon Hee, what is going on here?" Mrs. Jeon who had just arrived was looking furious. It wasn't Yoon Hee first time breaking the rules, but it was her first time seeing Mrs. Jeon so mad. Her eyebrows were creased together as she put both her hands on her hip. Jungkook gulped, he never imagined his mother to be back this early. 

"We're so dead," Yoon Hee mumbled to herself, but also directing it to Jungkook at the same time. She was sure he heard it since he nodded slowly, getting prepared of whatever punishment that was coming their way.

 

"So this is what's this going to be? Neither of you are going to explain to me why is there a wild crazy party at my house that I don't even know about?" Mrs. Jeon had her hands on her hips and she walked back and forth in front of the two. They had been sitting there in complete upright position for the past half an hour, legs feeling numb and head feeling dizzy from all the lecture. Jungkook kept his head down, his eyes never dared to match his mother's. He observed the beige carpet that was probably going to be worn out due to the endless friction by Mrs. Jeon's movements.

"I'm disappointed in you, Jungkook. What have you done? If I didn't walk in earlier, I was going to be cheated on alive, by my own son! Look at this place now, a mess!" she continued on grimacing as Jungkook felt a pang of guilt in his heart. He never did something behind his mother's back like this, being the filial son he was. Sure his mother got called down once when he was invovled in a fight on his first day in high school, but that was something normal for Mrs. Jeon to handle. She just couldn't believe her son would throw a freaking party behind her back.

"And you, Yoon Hee," Mrs. Jeon glared right at her, practically shooting lasers out of her two eyeballs. Yoon Hee gulped, she never gotten into this much trouble when she was caught throwing a party. Okay, correction; she never got caught before. Yoon Hee was sneaky and meticulous, but guess even luck wasn't on her side anymore nowadays. Oh, who was she kidding? Look at her condition right now.

"I'm going to have tell your mother about your misbehaviour. I thought you could act better, be a good noona to Jungkook. But I guess I was wrong, you're in no place to lead him to become a better person," disappointment was clearly portrayed in her irises. "I'm sorry, ahjumma." Those were the only words she could mutter. Yoon Hee knew there were no excuses to this.

Mrs. Jeon heavily sighed before stating, "You two are grounded for the rest of the month. Just school and then straight back home. Got me?" The two nodded their head slowly and as they were just about to heave a sigh of relief with the thought that this long hour of scolding was going to be over, Mrs. Jeon stopped in her tracks. "Whose idea was it anyways?" she inquired. Yoon Hee's face immediately became a pale as she felt a surge of adrenaline running through her veins. She lowered her head down when she heard Jungkook answering, "Mine. I did this. Yoon Hee and the other hyungs just followed me. It's my fault."

Yoon Hee glanced towards Jungkook who gave her a reassuring smile in return. Her eyes were clearly in shock, not believing that he was taking the blame. "Then no tv, no internet, no video games for the whole month for you, mister," Mrs. Jeon added his punishments which made Yoon Hee felt guilty. This wasn't right. "But ahjumma--" she tried to tell truth but was cut off by Jungkook. "Okay, mom."

As soon as Mrs. Jeon left the living room, Yoon Hee turned her head towards Jungkook and confronted him. "What the hell you're think you're doing?"

Jungkook merely smiled sheepishly. "Are you crazy? This is not the time to be smiling like an idiot," Yoon Hee exasperated. "Don't worry. It's just tv and video games. I don't really use them when at home," he reasoned. Well, he was hoping she'd buy it. From the looks of it, Yoon Hee was still surprised and weirded out by his action earlier. Jungkook however decided to cut off the topic before she had another chance to further interrogate her. "Why don't we get to cleaning? This is going to take us all night," he stood up from his seat and started picking up the mixed garbage bits around the living room. The house was a total wreck basically. What do you expect from a party? Yoon Hee gave up and decided to follow Jungkook cleaning up that place.

The clock struck 2 and by the time, Jungkook had finally finished the impossible task of bringing his house back to clean state. He wiped his forehead which was glistening in sweat and sighed heavily. He got out of the kitchen (which was now spotless clean thanks to him) and perambulated to the living room. Jungkook managed to catch a glimpse of the sleeping Yoon Hee on the couch, probably very exhausted from the party and cleaning. He minced towards her direction and lifted her up bridal style. Jungkook walked up all the way upstairs and to their room. He then let her down slowly on her bed, making sure not to wake her up.

Jungkook caressed her rosy cheeks a few times and he soon realized he was once again awed by her beauty. He leaned in closer, closer....and pecked her on the lips softly. "I am getting crazy. For you," he smiled contently before climbing up to his own bed. That night, Jungkook slept soundly with sweet dreams of Yoon Hee and him together.

 

The sound of the never ending hollering and shouting filled the morning in the Yoon's house. Bora carefully tied her hair into a ponytail with her favourite purple rubber band as she pretended to mute all the disturbing noises that didn't want to stop. She plugged in her earphones into her iPod and made her way out of her room. The sight that she was seeing was normal, too normal that she didn't even bother to do anything about it. Bora was sick and tired to even care, why should she anyways?

"Noona, don't leave us here," she felt her training pants being tugged at and she turned to look down. A weak smile flashed upon her face as she dawned upon the two little brothers who look alike. "I won't be long. Just going out for run as always, kiddo," she patted his head softly before doing the same thing with the other boy. She then yelled, "I'm going out!" and proceeded to her morning run.

The sun was shining bright as always, its glowing rays streaked the blue sky with scarlet hues. Birds were chirping excitedly, as if competing with one another, the bed of red roses right at the fence of her house looked more alive than usual. It was a beautiful morning, a beautiful weather, perfect for anyone. 

Anyone but Bora.

She scrolled down the list of upbeat songs in her playlist, the ones she usually played on when she was working out. B.A.P. - One Shot. Bora clicked on the song before continuing her daily morning run. It was Sunday and a million of things were cramped up in her mind. She didn't want to, but she couldn't help to think about the crapload of problem piling up at home. She was tired of them honestly, but it was not like she had the power to change things either. Bora had thought about running away, from all of this. But she held it in, patiently. If it wasn't for her twin brothers, she would've fled somewhere to a place which was much more peaceful than her home. It was her home, but it felt like hell.

Suddenly, Bora felt goosebumps rushed up her skin. It wasn't the cold morning breeze, it was something else. She could feel as if someone was following her from behind. Fear started to crept into her mind as worst possible scenarios were flashed in her imagination. It was very early in the morning and the street was only filled with ominous silence. No passer-bys, no nothing. She gulped as she quickened her pace at running. Thank goodness she was an excellent runner in school.

Her worst nightmare might come to live as a hand tapped her shoulder. Her shoulders were lifted up in reflex as she slowly turned her head towards the 'perpetrator.' "Will you stop running?" the person huffed and puffed, he ought to feel tired catching up with the school's best runner. "You? Oh my god, you totally scared me, sunbaenim," she sighed in relief as the familiar idiotic smile was painted across his face.

"I've been calling you but you didn't hear me," J-Hope managed to catch his breath while removing the earphones stuck in her ears. She was slightly startled by the reaction but kept on talking, "Why bother calling me anyways? It's not like you don't know we're enemies." As if ignoring whatever she just uttered, J-Hope invited, "Wanna get some coffee?"

"You know you look like someone whose cat just died," J-Hope quipped. They were now in a cafe not far from Bora's home, with J-Hope ordering an americano and Bora ordering plain black coffee. She almost spit out her drink hearing him say that. "Seriously?" Bora glared towards him but being J-Hope he just flashed his infamous eye-smile. "No, but really. Something's bothering you?" he looked straight into her eyes, this time all serious. This guy was really scaring her out. What was with the bipolar attitude?

"None of your business," she hissed. J-Hope was suddenly being friendly to her and it was starting to get creepy. Not that she wasn't aware of his amiable vibe, it was just that she was in the 3D's and he was in BTS. Sworn enemies for life, remember?

Seeing that she wasn't going to give in, he changed the topic immediately. "So, do you always run around here?" he inquired something obvious, making Bora giving him a 'duh' look. "I run too, but it's my first time in this neighbourhood. I try to go further today, sweat more, you know?" he continued talking. Thankfully, Bora still replied to him, "You run? You? The sleepyhead?" "Hey, exercise is for everyone," he defended himself. "Tch, yeah right," she scoffed. "Oh, so you're not believing me?" J-Hope pouted to which stifled Bora's laugh. She couldn't help it when she saw his try-hard aegyo expression. "You should laugh like that more often. Laughter is the best medicine, right?" he was back into his serious mode again. Bora was stunned by his words, there was something about it that left a deep impression on her.

Suddenly, Bora's ringtone filled the atmosphere and both of them snapped out of their reverie. She immediately answered the phone after seeing the caller ID. "Uh, Sohee, what's up?" On the other line, Sohee was just at her house, having breakfast on a Sunday morning with her little sister. "You're free today, right? We have something urgent today. Code Blue. Meet you at JJ's Bakery," she ordered. "JJ--Why there?" Bora almost asked in a whisper, afraid that J-Hope might overhear. "Because that is going to be there. We are going to give them a mini counterattack to keep this war interesting," Sohee smirked while little Junghee watched her big sister in full curiosity. "Ok, I'll be there," Bora hung up and excused herself first.

As soon as Bora was out of sight, J-Hope fished out his phone from his left pocket and dialled Yoon Hee's number. "Hello? Uh, yes. All clear here. Seems like Sohee just called Bora earlier. I don't know but she mentioned something about Mrs. Jeon's bakery," he spoke clearly. "Okay, don't worry. And be careful, okay?" J-Hope hung up his phone.

"That's weird. Something is definitely bothering her earlier. What could it be?" he mumbled to himself in curiosity while tilting his head to the right. Seeming like an answer was not going to come any time soon, J-Hope got up and left the cafe as well.

 

Author's note  
Sorry for keeping you waiting! Thank you dear subbies and commentors ^^ Have some virtual hugs <3