Healing Camp Part II

The Social Ladder

 

 

Apparently after their little karaoke session, fate put them together in one room again. It was a pre-kind-of-thing, decided way back, randomly of course. Sohee and Yoon Hee in one room, just next to Bora and Tiffany's. There was nothing to be surprised, actually. In the past years, they had always been arranged like this, in pairs of two. Mainly because the teachers were just giving them what they asked for since they were the biggest powers in school. Now, why did fate come in hand? Well, the teachers forgot about their little feud that they eventually were stuck with the usual arrangements. They just accepted it without a choice, knowing that this trip would be very awkward.

Yoon Hee only hoped they'd survive living together for these three days and two nights and wouldn't end up killing each other in their sleep.

"What took you two so long?" Jin asked rhetorically as he opened the door. "Yeah, you sure you didn't stop and make out somewhere?" J-Hope wiggled his eyes at the couple who just walked in. RapMon only managed to smack him in the back of his head to which he cluelessly inquired, "What?!"

"Jungkook's a sophomore. Mind you but he's the maknae," the leader reprimanded him. "Mind you again but he's more corrupted than you think," Jimin snorted. "Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Jungkook took a seat beside Suga who was busy playing on his phone. "It means, you watch out for him, Yoon Hee. Tell this oppa if his hormones start to go all crazy on you," Jimin his chest with a proud smile on his face. She only stifled a laugh afterwards, making Jungkook glare at the latter.

"Okay, okay enough joking. What are we going to do now?" Suga finally put his phone aside. "You broke the curfew, risk me of getting caught while being in a boys' room and yet you have no idea what to do?" Yoon Hee cocked her head to the side. "Hey you should be thanking us because we get you out of that hell hole with Sohee," V frowned.

"Let's not fight about that," Jin tried to calm down the situation. "Hmmmm....any ideas?"

"Let's play something like truth or dare!" J-Hope excitedly suggested. The rest just eyed him weirdly before RapMon shrugged, "Eh, why not?" "I'm too lazy for a dare," Yoon Hee pouted. "Then just tell the truth," V sarcastically said. "It's kind of how the game goes."

"I know, you idiot," she glared at the latter as her eyebrows were scrunched. "Oh, I'm the idiot," V mumbled to himself, trying to mimick Yoon Hee's way of talking.

Jin went and got a bottle from the mini bar in the room and placed it in the centre while the rest circled it. He rubbed his palms before spinning the bottle. "Let's see...who's first." The moment Jin said that, the bottle stopped, its cap pointing towards Suga. He sighed, surrendering to whatever crazy things the gang would ask him to do. They all knew Suga, he would never pick the truth. He said that truth is only for cowards. Well, let's see about that now.

"Truth or dare, hyungnim?" Jimin already had a mischievious glint in his eyes. "Dare," Suga answered immediately. "Okay then, I dare you to call Taeyeon sunbaenim and wish her good night," Jimin was grinning by then, receiving cheers and whistles from the other Bangtan boys. Suga kept on a pokerface and simply replied, "I don't have her number."

"No, you do," Jungkook retorted. 

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do. It says right here. Taeyeon," Jungkook shoved the phone in Suga's face and he quickly snatched it away. "What the hell? When did you even get my phone?"

Jungkook shrugged, "It was just right here."

"Ugh, fine, I'll do it alright," Suga unlocked his phone and dialled her number. He put her on speaker and the sound of the phone ringing was making everyone nervous. Jin glanced towards V who was stifling a laugh. After what seemed like an almost fail, the call was answered. "Hello?"

Due to the sudden answer, Suga froze. He didn't expect her to actually pick up. The others were pretty much the same. "Hello? Who is this?" Yoon Hee was the first to shook Suga's body to snap him out of his reverie. "H-h-hello. Ah...it's...me, Suga. I mean, uh...my real name...uh...what's my name again?"

Frustration was clearly written across Yoon Hee's face as she whispered, "Min Yoongi!"

"Oh, oh, right. It's me, Yoongi."

Taeyeon chuckled, and maybe even a few of her other friends after that. Suga blushed a deep crimson on his cheeks, which was a very rare sight. "Oh, Yoongi, what's up?" "Uh, nothing. I just...want to say, urm, good night. Yeah, sleep tight." It took Taeyeon to laugh again before finally replying a thank you and a goodnight to you too. She hung up, and the moment that happened, the whole gang bursted into laughters. And maybe even tears.

"Oh my god, that's like the funniest side of you, hyung," Jimin slapped his thigh due to too much laughing. J-Hope joined this whole teasing Suga thing by mentioning, "I never knew you were so...timid." Even Yoon Hee couldn't hold her laughter in despite that she felt bad for him. 

"Yah, yah, okay, we need to stop before Yoongi loses his confidence in girls, ever," Jin tried to calm the roaring situation. Suga was lost of words, he was just fuming out of anger, or maybe embarassment. "Okay, next person," Jungkook was the one to spin the bottle then.

In the hotel's lounge, Infinite and 3D were playing the same game. Out of the many rounds they had been playing, Woohyun, Dongwoo and Bora all chose dares. The bottle kept on spinning, landing its fourth victim. "Tiffany!" they shouted as she huffed and puffed in misery.

"Okay, truth. So just shoot me," she gave in.

"Do you have a crush on Jin?" Hoya blurted. "Aish, really, dude?" Woohyun playfully shoved him. "What?" Hoya looked around clueless. "Don't ask something that obvious, you stupid," Bora hit Hoya's arm this time. Maybe her hit was worse than Woohyun's that Hoya even cringed in pain. "You guys asked, so I will answer," Tiffany spoke up before they could change the question to something much awful. "Yes."

"Wow, surprise," Sohee sarcastically said. "Ugh, you are such an airhead, Lee Hoya," Bora couldn't stop getting frustrated at him. "Let's move on to the next one, alright?" Sunggyu spun the bottle, to which it landed to L. All eyes immediately darted to him and he just pointed to himself, "Me?" Seeing that they didn't even stare at anywhere else, L sighed. "Fine, truth."

"Well, this just got interesting," Sungyeol smirked.

"Are you still mad at Infinite and the 3D's for doing this to you?" J-Hope shot the question to Yoon Hee. Jungkook raged suddenly, but more like taken aback. "Hyung! What kind of question is that?"

"It's okay, Jungkook." She took a deep breath before answering. The truth was she never dared to ask herself the same question. Was she still mad? Maybe. Who wouldn't? They betrayed her and threw her away when she needed them the most. "No."

"Whoa, really?" V suddenly took interest. "It's a thing in the past. I can't forever stay mad. Besides, I haven't been the best friend to them either. I'm always a step ahead of Sohee, and I know she would kill to have my spot. I don't really care about Fany if she wasn't an actor's daughter. Bora, I'm friends with her because she's friends with L. And I dated with L because well, he's the most popular kid in school," she confessed.

"I can't blame them forever. Karma's showing me that I don't rule this world, and only now I get to see that. Plus, if it wasn't for this, I wouldn't have meet you guys, or date Jungkook. I am very thankful for that, really. I mean it, guys."

Suga's breath hitched and he only looked up at the ceiling. "Ah, something's in my eye," he lied. Yoon Hee chuckled, scanning each of their faces. They were actually touched by her words, her actions. Park Yoon Hee forgave. That was just news.

"Come on, don't get all sensitive. We are thankful for you too, Yoon Hee. Especially maknae here," Jin slung an arm around the younger and gave him a squeeze. "Let's go! Next person!" RapMon tried to liven it up before things started to get all mushy. It was a camping trip, not a farewell party.

"Have I ever loved Yoon Hee?" L raised his eyebrow as he repeated their question for him. "Really? That's what you're curious about? Not like my bank account number or something?"

"Damn it, I know we should've asked that," Woohyun snapped his finger out of frustration only to earn a smack on the back of his head by Sunggyu. "Shut up."

"Let's see. Hmmmm we dated since freshman year. So, it's been like 2 years over. Uh, I don't know," he shrugged as they all sighed heavily. "That's not answering the question, ," Hoya complained. "I don't know, okay!" he exclaimed. "Well, have you like ever had your heart beating fast for her or butterflies or thinking about her the whole day or...ugh, I don't know, just anything obvious that you were in love," Bora tried to help.

L pretended to think but he already knew the answer. Technically, there was a period when he thought she was the most beautiful girl in the whole wide world. A time where he would do everything to make her happy. But that was in the past. The feelings gradually decreased, and soon, he just had to do it. He had to dump her. He did, but he never planned for kicking her out of her social circle even. He just had to do it at the time.

"Forget it, he's not going to answer that," Sungjong commented. "Let's sleep. I'm tired," Sohee announced as she yawned. The rest agreed, seeing that there was no way L would answer such question. He had way too much pride to live up to anyways.

 

Two lines were formed consisting of them in complete gears and guns. Alphas and Betas would fight it out today. Rules were simple. Don't get shot and you win. Some were having mini staring contests while others were determined to bring victory to their respective teams.

"Alright, today we will start our first activity, paintball match. Alphas versus Betas. Simple as like the years before. Make sure you survive till the end. Teamwork, leadership, coordination and physique ability would be test today, so I hope you give your very best. Grab the flag before the time runs out and your team wins. You have exactly 2 hours. Game starts after everyone has taken their position," Mr Oh briefly explained. 

After 15 minutes, with each person provided a walkie talkie, the game began. Dongwoo trudged towards the forest carefully, taking one step at a time. The scene was mostly covered in white snow, but the sun was shining brightly. He turned to his right only to meet with a smirking Suga. He already had his aim on Dongwoo and with a "Sayonara, my chingu," he pulled the trigger, leaving a blue coloured mark on Dongwoo's vest.

Tiffany shot Jimin gladly and she grinned triumphantly at the latter. But before she took the next step, she felt something hard on her back. Turning around in slow motion, she was greeted by Sungyeol, who looked very glad to meet her. He was then switched position as Sungjong sneaked up behind him and pulled the trigger. "AH! Really? Who the hell is it?" Sungjong just smirked at his hyung, but during the time, Jin already made his way behind him.

"You're in my team? I don't even remember," Sungyeol yelled, making Jin sigh as he had blew his cover. He shot Sungjong from a long distance range and marched forward to the scene. "I avenged you," Jin muttered. "So? What? You expect me to thank you?" Sungyeol retorted. "It won't hurt now that you're dead," Jin didn't move his stance. Sungyeol scoffed. But before he had the chance to utter another witty remark, he saw Tiffany snooping behind Jin. He was torn between helping his team win or letting Jin get killed by her. But then again, he was his teammate, whether he liked it or not.

He then tried to give some sort of eye signal, making his eye twitch while his lips were pursed into a straight line, nervous that Tiffany might just shoot Jin once she figured out that he was giving him hints. Maybe it was because of their rivalry and hatred, but Jin had a hard time deciphering him. It was like they had no 'telepathy' skills at all. Frustrated, Jin who had his face contorted yelled, "What?!"

"Behind you, !" Sungyeol fired back in the same manner. Jin turned his body 180 degrees and Tiffany took the chance to fire her target away. The 'bullet' made its way and as if in slow motion, it missed Jin only by a hair's inch and hit Sungyeol instead. He dramatically fell behind, his legs giving in. "I know you hate me but you don't have to shoot me twice to kill me!" 

Jin shot towards her direction and like an arrow making its way to the centre of the target, it hit her, right at her chest. "Oh, man, I thought I had this in the bag!" she scrunched her face and walked away with a pout. 

"Thank you? No? Still? Really?" Jin was still trying to make Sungyeol say the 'magic word' and it wasn't 'please' at that time. "I saved you, so we're even," Sungyeol casually said while he struggled to stand up again. He never thought that paintball could actually hurt you. Well, that was the least paintball could do if not killing you.

Yoon Hee trudged her way through the forest on the provided lane. It had been almost an hour since the game started but she had never even meet eyes with her opponent. Not one. In fact, not even her teammates were in sight. And so, she kept on walking and walking, going deeper into the forest. She was feeling exhausted, worn out and parched. Somehow her body felt dehydrated and the thought of having one hour left for this game to be over was just killing her. It wasn't as fun as she had expected. Well, if someone, just a human being decided to show up, then she would be having fun. Having fun 'killing' them.

As if her prayers were heard, she spotted a figure upfront. Her heart leapt in excitement as she finally got the chance to use that paintball gun. She tiptoed closer, and when her memory identified the person standing cautiously there, her smile grew wider. What better way to start off that game then than to 'kill' your ex-boyfriend? 

"AH!" a shriek escaped L's mouth as he felt the stinging pain of the paintball. He turned around, meeting eyes with Yoon Hee who was standing just a few feet away with a smirk painted on . She was feeling over the top, proud. It felt like revenge of some sort, and oh boy, revenge was indeed sweet. Yoon Hee pretended to blow the end of the paintball gun before she plodded towards L.

"You scream like a girl," she casually walked past him, leaving L a little bit dumbfounded.

"What? A girl? Yah! Park Yoon Hee!"

"You're dead. Dead people aren't suppose to talk," she stated the obvious.

"Dead? You're killing me, alright. God, out of all people do you really have to be the one that shot me?" he was clearly disturbed by the fact.

Yoon Hee smirked, "Yes. It obviously had to be me."

Leaves that were rustling suddenly showed that someone else was there. At first, L hoped that one of his teammates would avenge him but instead they were men in black. No, like literally, a few of guys dressed in black clothing. Yoon Hee hid behind the bushes and instinctively pulled L together with her. They were carrying something, bags and bags of it. Whatever it was. They then opened a door on the floor, one that led to a somewhat secret basement. After it was closed, Yoon Hee couldn't help but to be intrigued by what she just saw. She got up and decided to do a little bit of sleuthing.

"Yah! What are you doing?" L was worried. Not about her, he tried to convince himself. "Are you insane?"

"If you want to come, just come. If not, suit yourself," she pulled the handle on the door. It was then opened, creaking along the process.

L hesitated, but somehow he felt like he couldn't just let Yoon Hee do something crazy alone. He was worried that he would be in danger then, but if he just leave her, he would be in great trouble. Jungkook, BTS, the teachers, even Sunggyu would kill him. He knew that Sunggyu would no longer stay silent if something happens to Yoon Hee because of him. After a long sigh, he muttered, "I'm going to regret this."

 

"Alright, Alpha wins!" Mr. Oh announced as the members of the team cheered in victory. Sunggyu was the one to pull the flag and all of them surrounded him while congratulating him and giving him pats on the back. He was helped by Jungkook surprisingly, whom he did not expect to help him at all. Heck, he even thought that he might just kill his own team as a payback for his now current girlfriend. But no, Jungkook was unexpectedly more matured than that.

"Yah, maknae. Nice helping the enemy there," V joked. RapMon just patted him on the back, "Congrats. I'm glad you didn't kill your team leader. Although, I really hope you would so that this leader could win." He pointed towards himself as Jungkook scoffed. "Yeah, the prize is a barbeque buffet tonight. No way I'm giving that up."

Jungkook scanned his circle of friends but she was no where to be seen. "Hyung, where's Yoon Hee?" Jin looked around briefly before saying,"I don't know really. I haven't seen her throughout the game either." 

"Jimin hyung?" 

"Nope, me neither."

An uneasy feeling crept inside him as his mind began to expect the worst. He immediately went looking for her through the massive crowd of students, one student after another. He even mistook one girl to be her, but no, it was just someone who he hoped to be her. No, this did not felt right, he thought. Jungkook walked towards Mr. Oh who was busy handling the students nervously. "Ssaem, I think Yoon Hee's gone. I can't find her anywhere. No one saw her ever since the game started."

"Whoa, you sure kiddo? You really check? There are a lot of our kids here, she could be anywhere you didn't see."

"I sure hope so. But for now, no. She's not around my friends, and I don't think she really has anyone else she's close with."

"Alright, wait here. You go inside with the rest first. I'll look and tell you that she's fine. Don't worry," he put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder reassuringly.

"Ssaem! L's missing!" Sunggyu shouted frantically. "He's not here! The guys searched but no sign of him."

Jungkook turned to him with a shocked look on his face. "L's missing too?"

"Why? Since when do you care?" Woohyun who was with him spatted.

"I don't. It's just that....Yoon Hee's missing too."

 

 

Author's note 
Omg I totally forgot to update yesterday! I was so busy with college preparations so yeah...Here's the next chapter!