Xing

Not Twelve, Not Two, But One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We watched Jessica walk toward her house. She stopped and looked back at us. We smiled at her and waved as she returned our smile and wave. She turned away from us and we drove away a few feet. We didn’t drive far as we continued to watch her until she walked into her house. We all remained quiet as we waited in case my father was already waiting for her but nothing happened. I shifted the car to drive and once I did Shiwoo stopped me.

“Are you really going to leave behind the girl you like without telling her you like her?” Shiwoo asked me. I looked at him and smiled weakly.

“She’s safer here. Besides we have business back in our company. No matter what we have to protect Jessica.” I replied as they all looked at me before nodding. I looked back once more as Jessica was bombarded with males in a hug. I knew better than feel jealous but I couldn’t help envying how easily they were able to hug her and see her.

 

“Where’s Jinyoung!” I heard my father’s screams from his office as thuds of things fell to the floor. I sighed deeply as staff members left his office in a rush. They gave me apologetic looks. They knew I was the son of the CEO and often gave me that pitiful look. I walked into his office just as he stopped what he was doing and looked at me.

“You! How can you do this to your own father? Do you know how hard I worked to make sure you lived a comfortable life!? Are you even my real son?” My father said as he glared at me.

“Am I your real son?” I asked him calmly as he looked at me with more anger than anything else.

“What did you just say? Are you saying you’re ashamed to have a father like me? I’m the CEO of this company! How can you be ashamed of someone as successful as me!?” My father yelled at me. I sighed deeply before looking at him once more.

“Burn Jessica’s contract with us and I won’t tell the police what you did.” I said calmly once more to my father who looked at me with so much hatred and disgust.

“Are you threatening me? Are you threatening your father!?” My father yelled once more as he threw nearby objects in my way. I didn’t flinch nor move as the objects hit my arms and legs.

“No. I’m making a promise. If you burn her contract I won’t tell the police, but if you don’t I promise you that I will tell the police everything you did to Jessica.” I said before bowing and leaving my father’s office. As soon as the door closed before me I heard more thrashing and things being thrown along with my father’s screams.

 

“So what happens to us now?” Hajoon asked as he looked at all s present. Everyone remained silent as they sat on the floor of the practice room, their only serenity. I looked at all my members and sighed deeply.

“Don’t worry. I’ll make sure you all transfer to a good company together if not at least to a good company alone.” I said as all my members looked at me horrified.

“What about you?” Junghoon asked as he looked at his leader in worry.

“I can’t leave just yet. I have to make sure Jessica’s contract is terminated. I have to make sure you all end up in a good company where you will be safe. If it comes down to it, my father has to pay for all his sins and I have to be scolded for his sins as his only son.” I said as I avoided gazes with all the members.

“We can help you. You don’t have to go through this alone. People will bash you if you do this alone. Let us take some of the blame too.” Shiwoo said as all the members nodded. I looked up at them and shook my head.

“You guys never even knew who she was or anything that was happening.” I explained and the members shook their heads as soon as I finished talking which took me by surprise.

“We can always lie and say we knew.” Young G said as the members all nodded agreeing to Young G’s proposal. I looked at them before shaking my head again. I got up as all the member’s gaze followed me.

“I’m tired of lying. I want to say the truth for once without hiding anything. I will protect Jessica and all of you.” I said as I smiled care freely for the first time. Suddenly the door opened behind me and I turned to face Xing standing in the doorway looking at me angrily. My members stood up immediately and Xing glared at all of us.

“Because of you and that stupid girl everything is ruined!” Xing said as he made his way towards me. He grabbed my collar and the members behind me took a step forward before I stopped them by holding my hand up. Xing understood the situation and smirked.

“How can all of you take his side? Because of him and that stupid girl we won’t be allowed to perform anymore! Don’t you see? Jinyoung will run away to avoid being blamed or even shut the media’s mouth with his money just so he can still perform. That girl will be able to perform again and we won’t!” Xing yelled and before my members spoke I shoved Xing away from me.

“You have no right to call Jessica stupid and everyone will be able to perform again except you, Xing. I’ll make sure of it. If you really cared about being an idol you would’ve focused more on practice than following my father’s orders.” I said to Xing who only glared at me with even more hatred. Xing came to me and punched me in the face. I stumbled backwards and it made me angry. I regained my balance before he could punch me back. I punched him in the face sending him to the floor and I got on top of him and pounded his face. After a few punches Xing threw me off of him and got on top of me and punched me in the face. I could barely hear the other members pleading for us to stop afraid if they interfered they’d get hurt too. I threw Xing off as he landed far away and I got up on my feet. I made my way towards him before I was held back.

“Jinyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter