Thank You

Not Twelve, Not Two, But One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica sat on the mattress they had provided for her and hugged her knees. She knew that calling Chen was both dangerous and reckless on her part, but she needed them to continue. Not for her sake, but for everyone's dream to become an idol. She laid her head on her knees and closed her eyes. Things would be different from now on and her kidnappers would not go easy on her anymore. She knew this would happen as soon as she remembered Chen's cell phone number yet it still scared her. She had worked up the courage to call and remain a calm voice, but she couldn't find that courage anymore.

------Yesterday------

My kidnappers took away the cell phone and hanged up. I got up and faced them both shocked and scared. One of the kidnappers was furious and slapped me across the face. The force of his hit threw me on the mattress in agonizing pain. The other kidnapper grabbed a hold of him and pushed him back.

"What are you doing?"

"She called them so I taught her a lesson! Let's see if she dares to call them again."

"The boss said not to hurt her in any way!"

I grabbed my cheek and laid trembling on the mattress. Then the door opened and the kidnappers stopped arguing. They faced the door and remained quiet.

"It seems we underestimated this one. She's willing to risk her life to call her friends instead of the police. I admire her loyalty, but it was a foolish move."

I wasn't able to move at all. The lead kidnapper's voice sounded harsh and cold. I looked at the mattress and held my hot cheek trying to keep tears from escaping my eyes.

"My orders were clear. She would be treated as a guest not as a prisioner."

I hesitated to look in his direction, but I finally looked at him. He looked straight at me instead of the other two kidnappers.

"I guess there has to be some sort of punishment. From now on any careless mistake or if she resists do what you want without holding back."

I stared at him in disbelief and mortified. Did he really just give them permission to do what they want? He smirked and walked out of the room. The kidnapper that hit me laughed and looked at me.

"Did you hear that? I can do what ever I want to you now."

He raised his hand and I looked away closing my eyes. After a few seconds of no contact with his blow I looked up. The other kidnapper had stoppe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter