9

One Roof with My Enemy

Her tears were rolling down her cheek. "Seohyun, will you take care of my Chanyeol?" What? Take care of Chanyeol? For the sake of Sulli?

"I know that you have been crushing on Chanyeol secretly. Luhan told me everything about it. That's why I really want to be friends with you."

So... this is the reason why Luhan kept on supporting me so I won't give up, because he knew that Sulli will leave Chanyeol and leave him to me. Actually, I'd say yes that time. But no, I won't accept it in such a way, it felt disgusting.

"You! Who do you think you are? Do you think Chanyeol is a cheap thing which someone else can take care of him easily?" I stood up angrily. My blood started to boil. I didn't know why I act like this. Is it because I can't accept if Chanyeol is being hurt, or is it because Luhan didn't tell me the truth?

"No, no, it's nothing like that. I know you'll get mad at me. But as a bestfriend of mine, please help me. Please help me to take care of Chanyeol. Please keep his eyes shining and never make his smile disappear. Seohyun, would you? Please.... I beg you..." she pleaded while looking at me weakly.

Seeing her like that made her look like a beggar who asked for money to me, but seeing her soft stare, suddenly I couldn't stay mad any longer. I felt like being hypnotized by her eyes. No wonder why Chanyeol loved her, she was perfect.

"A-a-alright." I stuttered. "Thank you Seohyun, how lucky I am for having a bestfriend just like you!" she smiled happily. "Now, everything is done." Sulli zipped her luggage while removing her tears. I walked her to the front door, she kept wiping her tears while hugging me tightly.

Apparently, behind her perfection, there was sadness hidden behind her cheerful smile. Nobody is perfect. To be honest, the problem she was facing right now is nothing compared to mine. She was too strong. If I was her, probably I'd gone mad already.

"Seohyun!" she called me once again. I turned to see her again. "Something's wrong with the kitchen. I have heard some suspicious noise since you were home last night. Perhaps you can take a look." she smirked before she continued her walk. My eyes were widened. Something's wrong? Suspicious noise from the kitchen? Don't tell me it was.... ghost? I immediately close the door and ran to my room.

****

I couldn't close my eyes anymore, I felt the urge to pee right now. I really need to go to the bathroom. What should I do? To go to the bathroom, I need to pass the kitchen. But the problem is, I didn't want to see the kitchen.

I sighed, my feet were stepping carefully passing the kitchen. I felt so scared right now. I wanted to wake Chanyeol up, but he slept peacefully and I didn't want to disturb him. While Luhan, just like everyday, he locked up his room tight.

I struggled not to see the kitchen and I did it perfectly. I succeeded entering the bathroom without seeing something strange within the kitchen. But it hasn't done yet, I had to pass the kitchen again.

I tried to ignore the kitchen as I walk past by. But my curiousity made me turn over and catch something there. Something strange happened on the kitchen. I saw something, not a ghost but someone. Someone who sat on the dining chair while sleeping peacefully on the dining table. Who was that? Luhan? Chanyeol?

My curiousity forced me to approach him. His soft blonde hair, and his eyes were closed. His face which always irritating to me, now looked so innocent when he slept. He was Luhan.

In front of him, a medium-sized cake presented. There was a "Happy birthday, Seohyun the nerd." written with a blue-colored cream. That was a mess but still, it looked cute.

I just realized that today is my birthday. And what's more surprising is I celebrated my birthday in Luhan's house, and he knew when my birthday is, he even made me a cake. What's wrong with this guy? Was he possessed or something?

Staring at his innocent face, I noticed some powder scattered on his face. He made this by himself? I saw his hand injured. The blood was dried already, but it seemed like he hadn't treat his wound. Perhaps after the incident last night, he ran to his home hurriedly to make me a cake without even bother to treat his injury first. Geez, silly Joohyun! It's impossible!

But, the injury hadn't been treated yet. I immediately ran for the medicine cabinet and approached him slowly. I knelt down while pulling his hand carefully. I treated his wound slowly so I wouldn't wake him. "Sssh.." he hissed. He was awoken and stared at me who was treating his wound. "Sorry I was..."

Luhan stared at me intently. Not the sharp look he always gave me. The stare was sharp yet gentle at the same time got me speechless. Slowly, he leaned his face toward me.

Hey! Seo Joohyun! What's wrong with you? Why couldn't I move even just a little bit? Why am I frozen like this? Hey! Hey! Hey! Why is Luhan's face become closer and closer? His doe eyes, perfect jawline, lips, milky skin, his face.... He was so handsome. I shut my eyes so I won't think anything crazy.

His lips... were soft.

Wait wait, how?! I opened my eyes, that was right. Luhan kissed me, I kissed my own enemy right now. Somehow I got my power back to move my body, and immediately I pushed him away. I stood up while stuttering, so did Luhan. I felt my cheek reddened, even I didn't dare to look at him. What's wrong with me?

"Umm... ummm... Lu-luhan! Mmmm.. what are... what are you d-doing here?" I stuttered, still looking down because I didn't dare to stare at him.

"M-me? I.. I... I was cooking. I was very hungry last night so I fell asleep here. How about you? Are you stalking me?"

I lifted my face up. He... he acted as if nothing happened between us. Did he purposely kissed me? My first kiss.... My first kiss that was belong for Chanyeol was stolen by him!

"Stalking you worth nothing to me you idiot! I just came from the bathroom and accidentally saw you here. I thought you were a thief so I came to approach you. I felt bad because you haven't treat your wound so I treated yours before I go to my room and... And..." Seohyun! Stop! Don't tell him that he stole your first kiss!

"And... Forget it." I sighed. "Anyway, since when you care about me? Even you didn't bother to treat your injury because of this cake." I teased. "W-what? W-wh-who said I made this cake for you?" he stuttered. I chuckled "Lying will lead you to nowhere Mr Lu. It's obvious that you wrote my name there, you idiot." I pointed at his cake.

Luhan remain silent, seems like he was speechless. He was supposed to admit it to me.

"I... I want to sleep." He made his way to his room. But he turned again before he leave the kitchen and came to me as he whispered something, in a very low tone, then he went to his room. "Happy birthday." that's all I can hear.

I put my hands on my chest. Why is my heart beating rapidly? And why is my face heaten up again? Even to run after him and ask him to repeat his words, I have no gut to do it. I was embarrassed to run after him. Am I... Am I? Gee, what am I thinking about? Right. Thinking about him will drive me insane.

Instead of thinking about him which will drive me insane, I'll try Luhan's cake to fill my empty stomach.

****

"Gosh! I'm running late! I'm sure Luhan's gonna nag at me!" I said to myself. I was still on the diningroom. Since the accident last night, I decided to try Luhan's cake and eventually I fell asleep. No wonder I felt pain on my whole body.

I put the cake on the fridge, then I cleaned everything on the dining table. Suddenly my attention was thrown to a tiny red-colored box with pink ribbon there. It looked so cute so I grabbed it. A small cute bracelet decorated by small puppies was presented inside the box.

I took a small note which was hiding under the box. I unfold the note and read it carefully.

Hey, nerd!

I left to the school earlier with Chanyeol because we have some unfinished project waiting to be solved. You slept like a cow you know that? Even I didn't dare to wake you up. Hurry up and don't forget to wear the bracelet! Actually I wanted to give you puppy but I'm afraid you won't be able to take care of it so I gave you that bracelet instead lol. anyway, if the bracelet is not to your liking, you can throw it away. -Luhan-

I felt like crying all of sudden. Since when he became this nice to me? How can he know that I really wanted a puppy?

I took the bracelet and put it on my right hand. It fitted me so well. Actually the bracelet was fine, but why I felt so happy right now? Is it because the bracelet was beautiful or is it because this bracelet was given by Luhan?

Wake up, Hyun! What am I thinking about? Thinking about him isn't worth my time. I'll prepare myself to go to the school instead.

TBC