18 (END)

One Roof with My Enemy

Apparently he took me to the nearest hospital to treat my feet. It wasn't that bad, though, but Doctor said I wasn't allowed to get out yet Lu Han insisted. Here we are, running away from the nurse, just like some sort of cliche scene in dramas. 

It was dark. Hell yeah, really dark I could barely make it. I wonder what did this guy want from me so I tried to let my guard up. The dimming light made no difference as Lu Han stepped inside the place that apparently was a small park. I smirked when he approached the gate that was still locked.

"Are you mad? The gate's locked--" I blinked my eyes when he unlocked the gate, his smile lingered still. "I rent this park for the night, just for the two of us." He said proudly. 

"What? Why? Do you have too much money to spend? All of this is useless--" I stopped blabbering when he pressed the tip of his finger on my mouth. 

"Sssh. Shut up." He whispered smoothly. I wanted to punch his face, but I ended up nodding my head. 

Lu Han held my hand tightly, leading me inside the quiet park. My eyes gazed to his back, questions were filling my mind. Was he truly my Dubu? I couldn't believe it, not yet. 

But this feelings, they were real. This feeling was different than my feelings toward Chanyeol. I looked around, it was pitch dark only the dimming lamp lighting my way. I couldn't help but feeling nervous... when a man and woman went into the darkness, you know what'll happen next.

"We're here." He exclaimed. I stared at him in disbelief. Was he toying with me all along? I couldn't see anything but this jerk!

"It's night, so I can't take you to watch sunset. But I have another surprise." He said calmly. I couldn't help to notice the match he brought. Was he about to burn me? Sure I know he hated me but he wouldn't go that far, would he?

He walked around me while lighting the match around me and when he finished he made his way towards me. "One... two... three!"

He raised his hands. Suddenly the sparks were everywhere, they came from the fireworks that Lu Han had prepared. I was speechless, hypnotized by the scene. I couldn't believe it that he'd do something like this for a woman he hated with all his might. 

"You... prepared all of this?"

He nodded, but his smile dropped. "Why? Are they not to your liking?" 

"No, in fact I love it! It's better than sunset! Thanks, Lu Han!" I ran towards him for a hug. "Why didn't you tell me you were Dubu? I've been looking for you all along."

Lu Han pushed me, his expression remain still before his eyes went to meet mine. "Because I hate you. I hate you so much." 

"Lu Han.."

"I hate you. I hate the girl who left me alone. I hate it when the girl I've been waiting for never showed up. I hate it when she broke her promise that she would come for me a year later. Did she forget me? I'm tired of waiting. I'm so angry that I threw everything that reminds me of her, including that keychain."

"I'm sorry, Lu Han..." I apologized, but Lu Han paid no attention as he continued his words. 

"So I went to China with my parents, hoping that I'd forget her. I was wrong, I couldn't forget her not even once. The more I distance myself the more I find myself missing her. And then I decided to go back to Korea, so I decided to look for her until I realized that, that girl I've been looking for was very close to me."

He breathed. "I knew it. The reason why she broke her promise. Her parents went broke and she couldn't afford to see me. I wanted to protect her, yet she hated me and in fact, she loved my bestfriend, Park Chanyeol.

Luckily I have Sohee Ahn who would comfort me during the hard times, but I couldn't bring myself to love her because I couldn't forget the girl who hurt me in the past. If only Sulli didn't ask me to match her with Chanyeol, I would've fled to China already. 

My plan with Sulli worked. They loved each other so there's no reason for me to stay here any longer. But what happens next? She begged me to stay. Why would she beg me to stay?" Lu Han stopped, his eyes remain still.

I took a deep breath. "Because she loves you. She only wants you. She wants you to be right here whenever she needs you." 

"No, she loves Park Chanyeol. And she had crush for Dubu her childhood friend, not me, Lu Han. I knew it all along, but I decided to stay and tell her I've been loving her. I know that she wouldn't reciprocate my feelings but it's enough for me."

He sighed, taking a step forward. "Seo Joo Hyun, I love you."

My eyesight went blurry. "I love you too, Lu Han..."

"You're lying. You said that only to make me feel better, didn't you?" 

"Lu Han, I don't know what's going on with that big brain of yours. You're an idiot, you know that? Day by day, I realized that I'm head over heels for you. I love you for who you are. I love you as Lu Han the jerk. Why would I wear this bracelet you gave me? Why would I still be using the phone you gave me? And why would I beg you to stay? Why would I took care of you when you were drunk?" I literally screamed at him. "I love you, idiot!" 

Lu Han stared at me in disbelief. "I don't believe you."

I bit my lip. "I rejected Chanyeol for you." He blinked. "Why? I thought you like him." 

I want to punch him. "Because I love you, idiot! Fine, if you don't believe me go back to China! It's useless anyway." I turned around, making my way out until suddenly Lu Han grabbed me by the hand.

He pulled me. He literally pulled me to his embrace. I could feel him, his warmth his everything. And then he lifted my chin, staring into my eyes intently before closing the distance between us.

His lips felt so soft.

It took awhile for me to realize that he'd been kissing me. Few seconds later he pulled away. "You don't like me. You didn't even kiss me back."

I furrowed my brows before making my way towards him. "You'll regret this." The last words I said before I tiptoed, brushing my lips against his. It was a chaste kiss, but seconds later the kiss turned into something else. Teeth clashing and tongue. I withdrew myself once the firework around us stopped. 

"Guess what? You're a great kisser." He smirked, I hit his shoulder. "Shut up you !"

And then we were back to ourselves again. Quarreling over unimportant stuff. I know he was my Dubu but I never wished for Dubu to comeback. The only thing I know is... I love Lu Han.

The End