14

One Roof with My Enemy

"I need to go to the restroom." I said to Chanyeol. Immediately I ran to the restroom, without waiting for Chanyeol's reaction. I gazed at my own reflection on the mirror. What's wrong with me? I could see my scary expression. Maybe because I was upset. Upset? Why should I get upset? Was it because I saw Luhan and Jieun were about to kiss?

I washed my face in annoyance. I wasn't sure whether I had fallen for Luhan or not. I touched my chest, it felt hurt right there. Maybe it was because I was jealous. And there was a sound of breaking. Heartbreak, if you insist.

Suddenly a single tear fell down on my cheek. Seriously? I cried because my enemy was about to kiss a girl? Heck, that wasn't even my business. I washed my face again, I didn't want anyone see me crying. Quickly I wiped my face with a tissue and made my way out of the restroom. But suddenly I stopped my movement when I saw someone familiar behind the door.

"Luhan!" once again, I shrieked when I saw Luhan. "I told you not to shriek as if you saw a ghost whenever you see me! You're annoying you know that? Can't you at least hear me out once?" he snapped at me angrily. I bowed my head down. "I'm sorry." but suddenly his hand caught my attention. His hand, was bandaged. "Your hand, what's with your hand?" I tried to reach his hand but he refused.

"Yes. Because of you. Happy now? Congrats because you break me down. Congratulations, Seo Joohyun!" he said sarcastically as he walked past me.

Me? Hurting his hand? Was it because.... "Luhan! Wait!" Luhan stopped right in front of the male toilet which is next to the female restroom. "Were you... were you the one who punched the... No I mean were you the one who return my bracelet?" I asked hesitantly.

Luhan snorted in annoyance and bowed his head. For a moment he became thoughtful for a while. "Yes." he replied in a low tone, almost like a whisper. Luhan made his way toward the male restroom, leaving me dumbfounded with lots of thought floating inside my head.

****

I waited for him in front of the male restroom. I was still curious about his sentence earlier. Okay, the anonymous guy who returned my bracelet was discovered already. But what does he meant by returning my bracelet in that way? And why did he say that I broke him down? Wasn't he the one who broke my heart first?

After few minutes waiting, Luhan came out of the restroom. At first he seemed shocked when he saw me behind the door. "What are you doing here?" Luhan asked. "Of course I'm waiting for you, duh!" I replied angrily.

He rolled his eyes. "Let's get outta here." he pulled my hand, but I gripped his hand tightly. "No. We need to talk."

Luhan turned and gazed at me intently. "Okay, but not here. It's cold here, what if you catch a cold?" I shook my head. "I don't want to go there again. I'm sick seeing you with Jieun." I pleaded. He smirked "Do you think I'm not sick seeing you clinging on Chanyeol all the time? Gee, what am I talking about. Forget it. Let's go."

"No before you answer my question first! Why did you return my bracelet in that way? And you told me that I broke you down. What does it mean?"

"And why do you think? Don't you feel it? Don't you realize it?" he raised his voice.

I shook my head innocently.

"So, what should I do when I saw the girl that I like were alll lovey dovey with another guy in front of me? What should I do when I saw you recently became closer and closer with Chanyeol? I tried to move on and convince myself that I deserve Jieun, but I can't! Now tell me what should I do?" he raised his tone.

So he wanted to forget me easily? "Hey! And what should I do when I saw you smiling at Jieun like there's no tomorrow since we enter this karaoke bar and you nearly kissed her. Do you think I'll cry for you just like I cry for Chanyeol? Yes, I cried for you. The reason why I went to the restroom is, I cried for you. Happy now?" I raised my tone too.

"Kiss?" he lowered his tone. "Tsk. You don't even realize that you wanted to kiss her." I released his hand.

"Now everything is discovered. Thanks a lot, Luhan. I thought we could be friends, but seems like you still consider me as your enemy. And this is our fate, forever enemy!" I yelled at him and left him dumbfoundedly.

I slammed the karaoke door angrily. I saw Chanyeol and Jieun talking happily, while Minseok and Sohee were singing. That girl, she stole everything from me. Luhan, Sohee, and now Chanyeol!

Suddenly I heard Luhan appeared from behind. He entered the karaoke, and Jieun waved her hand happily. "Oppa! Thank you for blowing my eyes. Now that thing left my eyes already!" Jieun smiled. Chanyeol made his way closer to me. "Dust? Eyes? What happened?" I asked myself.

"Something got into her eyes." Chanyeol replied.

What? So the scene where I saw Luhan wanted to kiss Jieun, was a completely misunderstood. He wanted to blow Jieun's eye that's all. Duh, how embarrassing! I glanced at Luhan, made an apologetic expression. He shrugged and talk to Jieun again.

****

Today I brought two lunch boxes with me. I made a jajangmyeon for him. I wish he'd like it, because I used to made one for him but he disliked it very much. Suddenly a flash of memory entered my mind, when I used to stay in one roof with him. If only my parents hadn't come yet, perhaps I'd be still living with him til now.

This time I went to the school by bus. Chanyeol said he had an appointment so he couldn't pick me up. I made my way to the class happily. Suddenly I saw the least person I've expected.

I saw my bestfriend and Luhan, in the class. They were hugging, and Sohee was crying on Luhan's shoulder. Luhan was caressing her back like a gentleman. Geez! I'm angry! I'm so angry seeing them like that. Sohee, she should've known that I liked Luhan, how come she stabbed me from behind like this! And how about Minseok?

Brakk! I threw the lunchbox against the floor. Luhan and Sohee realized my presence. Sohee released the hug from Luhan quickly. Immediately I ran away from them. I can hear Sohee calling my name, but I kept running, runnng to I didn't know where to.

"Hyun!" finally Sohee caught me. I turned, I didn't know what kind of expression that I showed because she seem scared of me. "I can explain." she added.

"What? I don't need your explanation. Tch, I don't care about him though. You can do whatever you want to him, I don't care. I have no relationship with him okay? Now, I just want to be alone. And Sohee, please tell Mr. Yunho that I'm feeling unwell. Thankyou."

I freed myself from Sohee's grip, I really needed some time to be alone. I made my way out of school, actually I didn't want to skip the class but it's useless if I forced myself to come. It's better to be alone sometimes.

****

Now I felt way better than yesterday. Luckily my parents didn't know that I skipped the school or else they'd kill me. I went to the nearest park to calm myself down.

Perhaps I have to forget Luhan and move on. He was my enemy anyway, and forever will be. I need to focus with my Dubu, or Chanyeol. He was very nice toward me. I didn't care whether Luhan choose Sohee or Jieun, it was none of my business. However, Sohee shouldn't do this to Minseok so I had to tell her it was wrojg.

"Sohee, we need to talk." I said to her on the break time. "What is it?"

"I know that you still had a thing for Luhan. I don't care if Luhan wants to be with you, but I care about Minseok." Sohee widened her eyes. "What do you mean?" I rolled my eyes. "Gee, why are you so stupid? You had a thing for him, yesterday you hug him and..."

"Wait!" Sohee cut my speech. "Seems like I have to explain everything." I looked at her with question look. "That's why don't run when somebody is about to explain you fool!"

"Hey, Ahn Sohee! I'm smarter than you okay?" I protested. She rolled her eyes. "Fine, Seo Joohyun." she said, still chuckling. I waited for her explanation. She stopped laughing and began to explain. "So, I and Minseok, we have a problem. Actually we stopped talking since few days ago, but I asked him to have some fun so we looked like as if nothing happened between the two of us. But when we arrived at my house last night, Minseok oppa talked about that thing again. And.... he said that we needed a break just for a while." and a single tear fell from her eyes.

I was surprised upon hearing her explaining. There was no way they'd break up over petty things! I'm sure as hell the problem was nothing small. I couldn't ask her what kind of problem was it, because that was her privacy. If she wants to, she'd explain completely. But this time, she could only mention "problem".

I took her in and embrace her softly. I let go of my embrace after she calm down. "You see? Even you hugged me." she grinned. I frowned. "What do you mean?"

Sohee chuckled softly. "You're my lovely bestfriend. You hugged me when you saw me crying. Even Luhan did the same when he saw me crying. He tried to comfort me that's all." I remain silent, so yesterday was a complete misunderstanding. Ugh, I should've listen to her.

"Ah, I know that you're jealous Hyun. You don't have to feel guilty." she teased. "What the?! Hey! I'm not jealous I'm just... Just..." I replied confusedly. "Just what?" Sohee teased again.

My cheeks were getting red. "Let's stop talking about him. How's Minseok then?" Sohee smiled, she looked beautiful like this. "Well, we're going to break til this problem solved. We're gonna solve it, don't worry!"

"Hwaiting! If something bothers you, don't be hesitant to ask for my help." Sohee nodded. "And, Seo Joohyun, til the end of time, I'll keep falling in love with Kim Minseok no other, okay?"

****

I've misunderstood him twice. First, the Jieun incident and now, Sohee. I really need to apologize. I'll go to his house, luckily I had a spare key with me.

I entered his house, I wanted to surprise him. Unfortunately, nobody was there. Perhaps he wasn't around.

I put the ice cream on the fridge. This house was deserted, everything was still the same. His maid came back already, but his maid wasn't around. Maybe his maid went home already, because everything looked neat and nothing need to be cleaned.

Suddenly I miss this house a lot. I gazed to Luhan's room. I tried to open it but as usual, it was locked up tight. I used to enter his room once, and I found nothing strange. But why did he lock it? I didn't know. Luhan was a mysterious person.

My feet dragged me to my room. It was still the same, even the closet was filled by my clothes. Whether he kept them all because of me or not, I didn't know. It was no doubt that an arrogant person like Luhan would throw his enemy's thing out of his house. But why did he keep them all? Gee, what am I thinking about. I decided to go to the livingroom instead.

I saw a letter on the table. The envelope was ripped already, tempting me to read it. I took and read it. A letter from the principal which stated that he had to join a math olympiad. And the main prize was, scholarship to Japan.

No way! I find it unfair, he didn't deserve this, the principal was unfair! In fact Luhan can go to Japan easily, judging by his wealth. I couldn't wait for his explanation. Watch out, Luhan!

****

Prangg!!

That sound woke me up. So, I fell asleep? And why did I feel warm? Suddenly I found Chanyeol carried me. He... carried me? I released myself from his arms and stood facing him. I found myself standing in front of my room's door.

So Chanyeol carried me so I can sleep on my room. But what was that sound? I looked for the sound source and found a plastic bag lying against the floor. And not so far from it, I found a guy that I have waited for.

"Luhan..." I called him in a low tone.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you two. I guess I need to get going." he left us dumbfounded.

You fool! Do you know that I'm waiting for you? I ran after him, calling his name out but he didn't care. Stupid! "Ouch!" I winced when I felt something sharp cut my feet. Apparently I stepped on a broken vodka bottle. That plastic bag contained a bottle of vodka. I didn't know that he drank a lot.

Chanyeol helped me to the nearest couch. He took the first aid box and treat my wound. Few moments later he was done and took some of the broken bottle and observe it. "This... This is very intoxicating." he said, still in shock.

"What?"

"Luhan is already used to getting drunk. Whenever he was troubled, he'd ask me to accompany him drinking. When he gets drunk, I'd be able to knpw what kind of problem that he faced. But this vodka is very intoxicating, I guess he was in big trouble." he explained.

I widened my eyes. "B-big trouble?"

Chanyeol nodded. "I need to find him before something bad happen to him. He's kind of reckless person."

"I'm with you!" I haven't take a single step yet I can't bear the pain on my foot. "No, Seohyun, you're staying here okay? I won't be long." Chanyeol took his car key and left me alone.

I waited for two hours long worriedly, what kind of trouble? I glanced at my watch, the two hadn't come yet. Suddenly I heard the sound of door that opened. With a wobbly step I came to approach the livingroom. I saw Chanyeol helped the unconscious Luhan to walk inside. I helped him to walk Luhan to my room. I didn't care anymore with the pain on my feet. The things that I cared about were Luhan and Chanyeol's face that was bruised.

Chanyeol lay Luhan's body on my bed and stood to face me. "I found him drunk on a bar. I asked him to go home but he refused. I dragged him with me but he punched me on the face." he said as if he could read my mind. I touched his bruise, he winced. "It must be hurt. Please forgive Luhan, yeah?"

He smiled. "It's okay. I will never get mad at him just because he punch me. I have already used to him. Even I think that there's no way our friendship will break, because I consider him as my own big brother."

Hearing his answer made me feel guilty somehow. What if he finds out that I had a thing for Luhan secretly. Geez, Seo Joohyun you fool! How could you break the friendship between two boys you loved the most? Duh.

"I need to get going, it's late already. Do you want to go home or stay here?" he offered. "Uh, I'll stay here to take care of this annoying guy." I pointed to Luhan who was sleeping peacefully. "Alright. Is it okay Seohyun?"

I nodded. "I'm positive. Be careful Chanyeol-ah."

And he left me alone, together with this guy who was sleeping on my room. "How could you do this? Getting drunk will not solve your problem you fool! I thought you're smart, but you can't think clearly. You're smart, but you're an idiot at the same time! Yes, that's what makes me fall for you, Luhan. I... love you." I said to myself.

I gripped his hand tightly. My tears were falling down to my cheek. I struggled to hold my tears so he wouldn't notice and wake up. But I stopped crying when I heard him calling my name.

"Hyun.... Seohyun... don't go..."

His voice, his voice resembled to my Dubu. Even he used the same dialect. I looked at him with confused look because he spoke with his eyes shut. He spoke as he slept. I touched his forehead, he had fever.

Hurriedly I ran to get some nap and a bowl of water to reduce his fever. His sweats were dripping everywhere, and I smelt the smell of alcohol that was very terrible from his body.

"Idiot! Stop making me worried you fool! You're so stupid, Luhan." I said, tears kept on falling from my eyes.

TBC