8

One Roof with My Enemy

"Oppa! Luhan oppa!"

We stumbled upon a girl who called Luhan by name. Few moments later a pretty brunette appeared. She was tall, she had long wavy hair and gorgeous.

"Jieun? What are you doing here?" Luhan asked, being flustered himself. "Of course I'm here to watch a movie. oppa." that girl puckered her lips cutely. Luhan grinned as he messed with her hair. "What do you want to watch?" Jieun became thoughtful for a while, before her eyes shone brightly. "I want to watch The Conjuring. How about you?"

"Me too!" I rolled my eyes, I thought Luhan disliked horror movie. "Whoa, cool! By the way, oppa, I got two tickets. My friend said she can't go tonight so, let's watch it together, shall we?"

Luhan became thoughtful for a moment, then he nodded in approval. While I, Chanyeol, Sohee and Minseok were just watching the two. "Sure thing. Everyone, I'm going with Jieun." Luhan approached me, then he leaned his body while whispering something on my ear. "It's your chance! Go get him!" he winked at me.

Suddenly I felt my heartbeat faster, I didn't know what happened to me right now! Why am I become nervous when I'm around him?

Luhan waved at us and made his way to enter the cinema.

"Chanyeol..." I said hesitantly. I'm not sure whether to go with Chanyeol or not, I felt so bad. So far Sulli treated me very well, and I didn't want to backstab her.

Chanyeol looked at me confusedly. "Let's get inside!" I said cheerfully. But suddenly he gripped my wrist "Wait a minute. Isn't it better if I watch it together with you? Come on, don't say no." Really? I wanted to ask about that, but he said it first. "Alright." I said, grinning.

****

Time fled so fast, I didn't even realized that the movie is over. I didn't even watch the entire movie - I was too busy watching the handsome Chanyeol who sat next to me. That was the happiest 2 hours in my entire life.

We made our way out of the cinema. I've searchef for Sohee and Minseok but the two were nowhere to be found. I've searched for Luhan but he disappeared. Ah, probably he's going out with Jieun, but why should I care? I glanced at Chanyeol who was now busy phoning with someone.

"'Kay... gotcha." Chanyeol hung his phone. "Sulli wants me to pick her up. I'm sorry I can't take you home because the path is different. Is that okay?"

I knew it. He'll place Sulli on top than me. "Yes. I'm okay with it. Don't worry." I said, smiling at him. "Anyway, do you know where Luhan is?"

"When I was in the restroom, I met him. He said he needed to take Jieun home. Alright, I need to get going. See ya!" then he left me.

Now I was standing in front of the cinema, pathetically if I must add. I searched my phone, I wanted to call Minseok probably he can take me home. Gosh, god damn it! I accidentally exchanged my phone with Luhan when he hurriedly picked his phone at the cinema. Now how do I supposed to call Minseok now? I didn't remember his phone number either.

Suddenly I saw a glance of couple, probably Minseok and Sohee. They were heading to the parking lot. Without hesitation I ran to them. Perhaps they can't hear me, judging by the noise at the parking lot. "Sohee! Ahn Sohee!" I called them loudly as I ran to them, but still, they couldn't hear me. Instead they started the car's engine. I have called them million times, but they can't hear me, until their car gradually disappeared from my sight.

I panted in ragged breaths, as I looked around the place I was in right now. Just trees and wild plants, this place was... unknown.

I followed wherever my foot dragged me to, where am I? What am I supposed to do? Am I lost again? I called my number using Luhan's phone again and again, but it didn't work. Now, I am lost in the middle of nowhere. Luhan, please help me...

"She's my baby~... sae hayan keu son keutte~" the phone rang, somebody called. I swiped the answer button without hesitation. "Hey! Seo Joohyun, our phone exchanged by accident. That's why I felt something strange." I could hear Luhan raising his voice.

"Luhan, where are you? Please help me, I'm lost. I don't know where I am right now." I said in a low tone.

"You're unbelievable. You're a burden you know that? And where's Chanyeol?"

"He went to pick Sulli up. Actually I wanted to go home with Sohee, but when I called them, they didn't hear me. I kept running to follow them but yeah, eventually I'm lost. Hurry! I don't know where I am right now. There were wild plants and trees around here, I'm scared."

"You're such a burden." and he hung up the call.

The situation became scarier and creepier, it couldn't get any better because, the creepy trees and deserted road around me. I looked around, hoping there won't be anyone or anything scary approaching me later. I felt goosebumps running down my spine. Luhan... where are you? It's been 20 minutes but he's nowhere to be found.

Wait a minute. Even Luhan didn't say that he's going to pick me up. He just said that I'm a burden for him. It means, he won't pick me up? God... what am I supposed to do now? I'm scared now, and everyone knows that I and darkness are not friends.

I heard something approaching me. I turned and saw a group of drunk men were walking towards me. "Hey, boss. New prey for tonight." the one who gripped a bottle of alcohol pointed at me. I ran away without hesitation, but suddenly someone gripped my hand. "Go away you jerk!" I struggled to free myself. "Oh, what a tough words for someone pretty like you. You'll love the way I treat you girl..." the leader said in flirtatious tone. Those guys surrounding themselves around me, probably around ten guys.

I kicked him on the chest, and finally I could free myself. I made my run but suddenly someone grabbed my arms and slapped me on the cheek. "You !" I felt blood running from the tip of my lip.

I was thrown to the edge of the road. Something ran down from my temple. I knew, it was my blood. I felt so dizzy right now, there was no way I could fight nor run from them. The only thing I could do was to scream while crying loudly.

"Let her go!" I heard someone. Was I being delusional? I hope not.

Those guys became angry. They went towards him and started beating him, but luckily that guy was able to fight back. I couldn't see him clearly, because my vision was blurry of my tears.

Another guy came, he helped the first guy to beat those guys up. I could only sit and stare at them. Suddenly I saw one of those bad guys brought a small knife from his pocket.

"Watch out!" I screamed.

The second guy heard me and ran immediately to the bad guy with knife. Luckily he was alright. But I think he injure his hand because I saw him biting his lips as he rubbed his hand.

The first guy approached me, then he helped me to stand up. "It's okay Seohyun. Let's go home." I realized that he was Chanyeol, and the injured guy was Luhan. What? I couldn't believe if Luhan helped me too.

Chanyeol carried me in bridal style, while Luhan holding his pain, now running towards me. I didn't know to where they made their ways to, probably to the cinema again before those badguys got their strength to fight back. And a moment later, everything I see became darkness.

****

I opened my eyes slowly, then blinked a few times so I can see everything clearly. I looked around carefully, seems like this room was familliar. I saw someone standing in front of a large closet. I rubbed my head which was wrapped by a bandage.

That someone realized that I had awaken, then she approached me. She looked worried, judging by the frown when she saw me. Yes, she was Sulli.

"Are you alright? I'm sorry, I shouldn't ask Chanyeol to pick me up. I'm so sorry." she said in a low tone. Her words reminded me of the accident that happened few years ago. I glanced to the clock, it was 2am.

"Where am I?" I asked her, trying to forget the accident, I didn't want to talk about it anymore. "You're in my room, Seohyun. I'm sorry."

"Come on, don't talk about it." Sulli nodded. Then she continued her stuff, packing her things and clothes. "Where are you going? Why did you pack your things at midnight?" I asked her curiously. She became silent for a moment. "I want to go home, I'm done with everything." she smiled now. "Home? Where? America? Why didn't you tell me earlier? Why so sudden and what do you mean by 'Im done'? and what have you done?"

She giggled. "Slow down Seohyun, slow down. I'm confused about which question I should answer first." she smiled again as if nothing happens, but I replied her with an 'I-am-serious' look. "Alright, I'll answer them all. I think my duty to accompany Chanyeol is done. And you're right. I'll go back to America. But you can't tell Chanyeol, understand?"

"Wait a minute. I don't understand. What do you mean?" I asked her confusedly.

Sulli sighed a deep breathe, then made her way toward my bed and sat on its edge. "I and Chanyeol, we've been involved in secret relationship for a long time, even our parents didn't know about that."

"Why?"

"Because our parents didn't approve our relationship. Chanyeol's parents thought that my parents are way too arrogant, while my parents thought that Chanyeol's parents weren't rich enough for them."

That's right. Sulli and Luhan's parents were richer than Chanyeol's. But like really? I think that Chanyeol was very rich. If Chanyeol wasn't rich enough for them, then what am I?

"Do you think that I didn't try to continue this relationship? Yes, I have struggled for this a lot. I and Chanyeol were in relationship since we were fourteen. I don't know what makes our parents hated each other, but all that matters to my parents was wealth that's all. Even they tried to stop us by moving me to America."

"But still, Chanyeol didn't give up. He insisted on contacting me. He knew that I'm still in love with him, so we decided to continue this relationship. But another thing came, I was involved in an arranged marriage with someone else. My parents arranged me to a marriage with someone that they think rich enough for me. Do you know who's that guy?"

I shook my head.

"The most annoying guy ever, Lu Han is." Sulli chuckled bitterly. What? Luhan? The irritating Luhan? Probably I had passed out already if I didn't know Sulli's story. Then she continued her speech. "Of course, I lose against my parents. When I met Luhan in America, he was shocked just like I was. I told him everything. I won't betray Chanyeol for Luhan, his bestfriend, so I pretended to agree on this arranged marriage. Luckily Luhan was willing to help me."

"When Luhan moved to Seoul again, I felt so happy. Do you know why? Because it means I'm free to keep in touch with Chanyeol through phone. And I'd tell them that it was from Luhan. And now, I'm here because I told my parents that I missed Luhan. Now, I feel so tired of everything. I want to give up. My struggle is worth nothing."

She smiled bitterly. She looked down, her hair covered her face. I tried to look at her face, there was a deep sadness etched there. If I was Sulli I'd be sad too. They had struggled for a three years relationship, just to realize that their struggle is worthless. Now I understand, that's why it's so hard to make Chanyeol fall for me, because he loved Sulli so much.

"Do you want to give up, just like that?" I asked her. She nodded. "I think its time to give up. I'll tell my parents that I lied on them. And I'll be ready to be arranged in a marriage, as long as its not Luhan."

"Then what about Chanyeol? Do you think that he won't be hurt?" I raised my voice in anger.

"I know it! I know, he'll be broken. But you know what? If he's hurt, I'll be hurt as well. It doesn't matter how long our struggle for this relationship, it's all useless. It's better if I stop everything from now on. I have Luhan who's willing to support me. Anyway, I feel a lot better to know that there's someone who's gonna take care of my Chanyeol." she lifted her face, to lock her eyes with mine.

"Seohyun, will you take care of my Chanyeol?"

TBC