13

One Roof with My Enemy

It had been ten minutes after the school's last bell. I was in the class, looking for something. That thing he gave me, I need to find it. Sohee can do nothing, she could only look at me helplessly because she didn't even know what to do.

"Hyun.. sorry, I need to get going. Minseok is waiting." she said to me. "Ah, why? Well, it's okay. You better go, don't make him waiting." I pushed Sohee's torso.

I continued my activity, taking out the whole thing inside my bag and locker. Duh! I scratched my head, where the heck was it?

"Seohyun, why are you still here?"

Chanyeol's question stopped me. "Ah, hello Yeol. I'm looking for my bracelet. I was careless so I lost it somehow. I've searched it on my bag but my bracelet is nowhere to be found. And you, why are you here?" I asked him back. He scratched his nape. "I want to see you, let's go home together. But seems like you're busy. Can I help you?" he offered.

I shook my head. "I can do it by myself." he nodded, as he walked out of my class.

Suddenly a flash of memory entered my mind. "Oh my! Library! Perhaps I was too upset at him and... and... I left my bracelet there!"

"Have you remember it?" suddenly Chanyeol came. "Ah, right. I've remember it. I left it on the table! Yes! On the table!" I looked at Chanyeol with a smile drew on my face. "But Seohyun, I'm not sure if the library is still open. Plus, the possibility to find your bracelet is so little since there were a lot people there." Chanyeol replied.

I sighed. "What should I do?"

Chanyeol shook his head. "Is the bracelet very important to you?" he asked me.

"Yes! That bracelet is very important! Because that was given by.... by.... a very irritating person." I replied with a low tone. He chuckled upon hearing my answer. I looked at him confusedly. "Shouldn't you be happy? You said that bracelet was given by someone irritating, you should be happy! Oh, you."

Chanyeol was right afterall. Why should I bother to find a thing that was given by my own enemy? Hey! That's not even important! Yeah, that wasn't important. Wait a minute, no. That's important! That bracelet was given to me, it means I have to take care of it.

"What should I do?" that's all I can say. I can do nothing. What if Luhan finds out that I lost my bracelet?

"That must be very important, right?" Chanyeol asked me. I nodded. I'd cry already if Chanyeol didn't hug me. He took me in and embraced me softly, as he caressed my hair, comforting me. "Don't worry Seohyun, you'll find it soon."

"But...."

PPRANNGGG!!

I released myself from Chanyeol's embrace as I heard the sound of breaking glass. I was surprised, so was Chanyeol. "What was that?" Chanyeol asked, still in shock. We stared at each other, before we made our way toward the sound source.

"Yeol, look at that!" I pointed to a window with a hole there. Something laid there, something which caught my attention. That was a bracelet!

I approached it and right, that was mine, a bracelet which was given by Luhan. Why was it here? Was someone throw my bracelet from the window?  I scanned its feature carefully, there was a single drop of blood. Whose blood was that?

"Chanyeol-ah, why is there blood here?" Chanyeol shook his head. "I don't know. Probably someone punched the window and that bracelet was on their grip. Is that the bracelet you're looking for?" I nodded, still staring at the window, wondering what was just happened. Who took my bracelet? Why did they return my bracelet in that way? Many questions were floating in my head.

"Well, forget it. Maybe it's just a prank. Let's go?" Chanyeol changed the subject. "Well, let's go." I smiled happily. And that accident disappeared from my mind. "Anything for my princess." and Chanyeol back to his cheesy side.

****

It's been a week after the accident, lately I could see Luhan and Jieun spent time together everyday. Were they, dating already? I didn't know. Huft, somehow it made me upset.

Why do I feel different? I feel like I lost something... I... Miss him? Impossible! Thinking of him will drive me insane.

"Arrgh!" I screamed in annoyance, made Sohee who was enjoying her lunch looked at me in shocking gaze. "Hyun, are you okay?" she asked me worriedly. "I'm okay, just.. thinking about someone. This crazy person will drive me insane whenever I think about him. It's been weeks and I can't stop thinking about him. How to get rid of him off my mind? I can't even concentrate to my homework." I replied as I stir my food.

"Who? Chanyeol? Well, Chanyeol is a nice guy, isn't he?" Sohee continued slurping her soup.

I gazed at Luhan who was having lunch together with Jieun. Where's Chanyeol? Now I really need him. I couldn't stand seeing them both. I felt like my chest was about to explode. Why do I feel this way?

"Why are you staring at Luhan?" Sohee asked. I threw my face away and continued wolfing my lunch. "Nothing. Sohee. I'm just feeling saf. I feel like I want to shout at him, I want to scold him."

"Who? Luhan? That guy?"

I remain silent, as Sohee became thoughtful for a while. Suddenly she laughed when she was about to continue eating. "Don't tell me if that annoying guy is.... Hyun! You're insane!"

I snorted. "Yes. I might have gone crazy. Now what should I do?" I glanced at my bracelet helplessly.

She crossed her arms. "The answer is quite simple. You've fallen for him. So you have to get him. Judging by Luhan's attitude toward you during when you sleep at his house, seems like he likes you too. A place to stay, birthday gift, even he made you a cake. Aren't they obvious? It's because he likes you."

"Hey, Ahn Sohee! I'm not falling for him okay? I only fall for Chanyeol no other. Anyway everything that Luhan did to me, it was for the sake of Sulli's plan."

"And how about the library's incident? Just because I was texting with Minseok, doesn't mean I didn't pay attention at you. Luhan was finding you a book, even he spent his time to teach you Chinese. And the stronger proof is, he kissed you on your birthday." Sohee continued her lunch.

My cheeks were getting reddened. "That kiss was an accident!"

"That wasn't an accident at all." Sohee grunted. I remain silent, didn't want to argue with her. A lot question remained inside my head, waiting for an answer. Really? Have I fallen for my own enemy?

****

I glanced at my bracelet. What should I do? Seems like I have fallen for Luhan already. But how about Chanyeol? Chanyeol was my little Dubu, my old friend that I was looking for. If only Luhan is Dubu.... Impossible! Duh.... What am I thinking right now? Hey! My feelings are for my little Dubu.

"Are you ready?" someone familiar asked. "Ah, well yeah. Where's the rest?" I asked. "There." Chanyeol pointed to a bunch of people who were walking from the parking lot. Sohee and Minseok were there, but, Luhan and Jieun were there too. Weren't they uninvited?

Chanyeol looked at me. "Sorry, I decided to invite Luhan too. He's free at the moment so, I decided to invite him. Is it okay with you, Seohyun?" I faked a smile. Alone? Care to explain about Jieun's presence?

"Hyun, she's Jieun, Luhan's friend. She's a nice girl." Sohee said to me. Jieun smiled shyly, oh my she was indeed so pretty. I shaked her hand with mine. "My name is Seohyun. We used to meet at the cinema." I said, still faking a smile. "My name is Jieun. Ah, right, Seohyun. You're so pretty! I can't even forget your looks!" Jieun smiled happily.

If I wasn't upset at her, perhaps I've already smiled. She was so kind.

Suddenly Luhan coughed which made Jieun pay attention to him. "Oppa, are you okay?" Jieun asked worriedly. Oppa? What the heck? Maybe they were dating already. Luhan shook his head. This time, I need to keep my eyes for Chanyeol only. If it's true that Luhan likes me, he'll get jealous.

"Chanyeol, let's get inside. Everyone's here already." I entertwined my arm with Chanyeol's which got him a little bit shocked, so did Luhan. "Let's go!" Chanyeol smiled. We walked to enter the karaoke.

****

Since we entered the karaoke, I couldn't stop staring at Luhan and Jieun who were smiling to each other like there's no tomorrow between their happy chat. Geez, I wonder what were they talking about. Luhan never did it to me. Were they dating already?

"Seohyun?"

"Huh?" Chanyeol's call made me shocked. "Are you okay? You looks pretty upset since we enter the room. Don't you want to join them singing?" Chanyeol pointed to Minseok and Sohee who were singing together. I chuckled "No, thanks. I can't sing. Why don't you join them?" I offered.

Chanyeol pouted. "Heck no! They'll ignore me if I join them. I want to sing with you." he messed with my hair.

I glanced at Luhan, if it's true that he likes me, he'll get jealous already. Hahaha...

But suddenly my happiness disappeared when I saw Luhan leaned his face down to Jieun's. My eyes widened, his face was closer and closer. Hey! Hey! Hey! Stop it! Were they going to kiss? Hey! Luhan! Stop leaning your face!

TBC