16

One Roof with My Enemy

"Follow me!" he commanded.

"Y-yeah?" I replied, still in shock.

He didn't wait for my answer, instead he grabbed my hand in a swift move and dragged me. I had no energy to struggle. Luckily I had finished cleaning my table and my stuffs were all inside my bag already.

Luhan dragged me to his desk and took his bag. I saw Chanyeol standing in front of the doorway, looking at me with quizzical look. Again, Luhan dragged me after he finished cleaning his table. I heard Sohee mouthed a "be careful!". Wait a minute, be careful? It means she knew Luhan's plan all along? Gosh, why didn't she tell me anything before? Just watch out Ahn Sohee!

I was forced to enter his car. He twisted the key and started the engine.

"Hey! Can't you ask me to follow you politely instead of dragging me here and there as if I'm a baggage? Look at my wrist, it's painful." I showed him my wrist.

"If I asked you politely, I know that you'll refuse me!" he raised his voice.

What's with Luhan? Was it because the principal called him so, it affect his mood today?

"You're scaring me, Luhan..."

Suddenly he stopped his car. He hit the steering wheel hardly, and stared at me angrily. Slowly, he took a deep breath and now he looked a bit calmer than before. "I'm sorry. I was pissed off that's all." he apologized.

"It's okay. Where are we going?" I looked around, this place was kind of unfamiliar to me.

He looked at me. "I want to take you to the mall we used to visit before."

My eyes bulged, so this is a date? "I... I'm sorry Luhan. I think I need to get going."

Right before I reach the knob, he caught my hand to stop me. "See? You'll refuse me if I didn't take you by force." I stared at him blankly, didn't know what to do. Yes, I was happy, but this wasn't right, I don't want to betray my Dubu.

"Please, for the last time. I won't mess with you anymore."

For the first time, I saw him begging at me. Okay, I've had enough of him. First, his sudden apologize yesterday, and now he pleaded to me? What's got into him?

If the situation wasn't serious, I'd laugh like a mad person already. I didn't know what to do. I became thoughtful for a while. Seeing his sincerity in his eyes, I nodded, telling him that I agreed. Luhan repositioned his position and continue driving.

****

I and Luhan spent hours in the mall. Even I felt that my feet couldn't stand to walk anymore because we've visited every shop in the mall. I should be tired already because I've walked too much. But until now, I didn't feel tired at all. Perhaps it's because I was with Luhan.

"Look at your face, you looked silly here!" he laughed loudly as he kept staring at the picture on his hand.

Few minutes ago we went to the photobox machine to take a picture. And right before the last shoot, he tickled me so I can't help it but laughing.

I glared at him. "You look so happy that I suffered all the time."

"No. That's not what I meant...." I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. I'm hungry. Let's go to the cafe where we used to eat together for the first time." this time I dragged him.

I picked a table which is near to the window. I ordered some food and Luhan ordered a glass of latte. "Why didn't you order some food? Don't tell me that you've run out of money." I teased.

Luhan stayed silent. "After this, we will go to my house. We have to talk." he said. I haven't get the chance to answer him but suddenly my phone rang. A call from Chanyeol.

"Hello? Ah, you don't have to worry Chanyeol. I'm sure. I-" I haven't complete my sentence but suddenly Luhan grabbed my phone.

"Hey, bro. Don't worry about Seohyun. Your future girlfriend is safe with me. I just want to borrow her today. Bye." he broke the line and took the battery out of my phone.

My eyes bulged. "What the hell?! Hey! That's my phone! How dare you! Give it to me!" he smirked. "Don't forget that I'm the one who bought this."

I snorted and eat my food irritatedly. Let's see, Mr Lu. Just watch out.

****

"So, what's the important matter? Don't say that you're going to ask me out." I asked randomly.

"What if I ask you out? There's no guarantee that you'll accept me."

I shocked after hearing Luhan's answer. Of course I won't reject you stupid! Because I love you.

Suddenly Luhan laughed out loud. Was my question funny enough to amuse him? "It's no funny Mr Lu." I glared to him. He stopped laughing and continue his speech. "Alright, I'm going to tell you the important matter. From now on, this house is yours. Leave the document matter to me. You may bring your parents here."

"WHAT??" I shocked to death hearing his speech. If I had a heart disease, perhaps I died already. I knew that he's rich, but I can't believe it that he wanted to give his house to me.

Luhan entered his room for a while, and a moment later he brought a letter and gave it to me. The letter was kind of familiar to me. That was right, the letter contains about scholarship matter. I looked at him with question look.

"You can have it. Actually I want to throw it away but I think you deserve it. Looks like you'll have a better life, Seo Joohyun. Now you don't have to think about anything else." he answered.

To be honest, I felt insulted with his attitude toward me today. I knew that I'm a poor girl after all, but I don't want to be pitied.

"What do you mean, Luhan? I know that I'm just a poor girl, but you don't have to treat me like this! I know that I owe you a lot for helping me when I lost my key. Phone, food, free place. I'll try my best to pay everything back."

I stood up angrily. "I know how I looked so pitiful because nobody cares about me but doesn't mean I have to be pitied like this. You're too much, Luhan! I will not accept these! I don't need this!" I threw the letter to him and left him alone.

"Your phone, Hyun! I told you that this is yours, right?"

I stopped my step but I didn't look at him. "Indeed the phone is mine, but you're the one who bought it. That's what you were saying earlier. Thanks for everything Luhan. I won't bother you anymore I promise." and I made my way out of his house.

****

It's been two days since the last time I saw his face. Good thing, at least I don't have to see his arrogant face anymore.

To be honest, I was curious about what was happened to him. Even the reason of his absence at school remained unknown. I didn't dare to ask Chanyeol. I was too embarrassed and whenever I think about Luhan, it remind me with the moment when he gave me his house.

"Hyun?"

I awakened from my daydream. "Oh, Chanyeol." I smiled to him. "Who are you thinking about, Seohyun? Are you thinking about me?" he asked confidently.

He sat on the same bench as me. I grinned hearing his question. "Oh, you. How did you know?" I hit his arm softly. At least I was thinking about Chanyeol a little, because the thought of Luhan were floating within my brain.

Suddenly that guy just passed by in front of us, the one that I worried for, the one who made me thinking about. The one who drove me crazy. He saw me together with Chanyeol but it looked like he didn't pay attention at all as if I and Chanyeol didn't exist. Whatever, I'm still mad with him though.

I and Chanyeol continued talking. About rapping and music, Chanyeol loved about rap and music a lot. If only an agent discovered him, I bet he'll become popular just in short time.

"Ah, sorry Seohyun. I have an appointment today. Are you busy this evening?" I shook my head. "Nope. Why?"

Chanyeol smiled. ""It's nothing, I'm leaving bye." he pinched my cheek.

I pouted, acting as if he hurt my cheek. Indeed, I loved him so much. I've been in love with him since a long time ago. But lately I can't read my own feeling. It's because of him, Luhan, no other.

Could he read my mind? Suddenly I felt the empty space next to me was filled. I turned to the right and saw him sat on the edge of the bench. There was a space between us. Maybe he was afraid that I'll get mad at him.

I looked at him for a while, before I threw my face away. I'd rather to enjoy the scenery of the school's garden than looking at Luhan.

"You seems happy together with him." he started the conversation.

"So much happier." I replied, didn't bother to look at him.

He moaned loudly. I wonder what does he want from me again. I waited for a while because I knew that there was something else that he was about to say. After a long time stuck in the awkward situation, I decided to go back to the class.

"Hyun, are you still mad?"

I stopped and turned to see him. "What do you think? What if I give you something which means the same with stepping on your pride? Will you get mad at me?"

He kept quiet. I clicked my tongue and made my way to the class. But suddenly he pulled my hand again.

"What now? Aren't you happy after you destroy my life and break my heart?" I asked in annoyance.

"Heart?" he asked innocently. I remain silent, I am indeed stupid. "I think there's something happen whenever I'm around you. I feel this whenever you're next to me. It's here." he pointed to his heart.

I tried to free myself and step away from him.

"If you want to know what is it, I'll wait for you in the park next to my house. Today at 4pm. Don't be late. I hope you're curious about it because your arrival will decide about my next decision."

I stopped for a while, and continue my step. I made my way to the class and ignore his words as if they were just the wind which was passing by.

****

"Seohyun, let's go." he dragged me out of my class. I stopped for a while. "What's going on Yeol? Why the rush? Anyway I'm free this afternoon." I looked at Luhan.

Chanyeol shook his head. "No, we have to get going before I change my mind to treat you samgyupsal." my eyes widened. "Samgyupsal? Really? Come on! I'm so hungry!" now it's my turn to drag Chanyeol to his car.

It took few minutes before we arrived in the samgyupsal restaurant. As soon as we arrived, I ordered some menu. Chanyeol shook his head seeing my attitude.

"So, this is why you asked me whether I'm busy or not?" I asked him as I munched my food.

"Actually, there's something else." he replied hesitantly.

Spontaneously I stopped my activity and stared at him with serious look. Looks like... Looks like he wanted to ask me out. Or was it just me?

"What is it?" Chanyeol swallowed hard few times, he looked so nervous this time. "We've been friends since a long time. No, since Sulli left you filled my day. And you made my life brighter. Just like a black paper, you made everything become white again. Everything gets more beautiful since you enter my life."

I narrowed my eyes. "And, then?"

"And I felt something started to grow in my heart. Slowly, you replaced Sulli in my heart." Chanyeol stopped talking, preparing his courage. "I like you, Seohyun."

Bingo! I was right. Actually I want to answer that I had a thing for him as well. But hearing that something started to grow in his heart, somehow remind me of Luhan.

"I think there's something happen whenever I'm around you. I feel that whenever you're next to me. It's here." he pointed to his chest.

"If you want to know what is it, I'll wait for you in the park next to my house. Today at 4pm. Don't be late. I hope you're curious about it because your arrival will decide about my next decision."

The thought of Luhan floating within my brain. I shook my head. Today, I had a date with the school prince Park Chanyeol, yet I'm still thinking about somebody else?

"I'm sorry, Chanyeol. I don't feel the same way as you."

Chanyeol's eyes widened. "But, I thought you had a thing for me. Luhan told me that you've been crushing on me even when I was dating with Sulli."

Right. But why? Hey! I know that something is wrong with my brain. I want to hit my head so hard. But I think my decision is right.

"Why didn't you say that earlier? Don't you know that I've been waiting and waiting for you but you didn't even notice me. I'm sorry Chanyeol, there's somebody else." I apologized. I was sure with my decision. I loved my Dubu, Chanyeol. But my feelings to Luhan were stronger than Chanyeol. I realized that, I can't throw the chance away.

I glanced at my watch, 3pm. An hour to 4pm. Luhan was waiting for me! I need to get going and tell him straightway.

"I'm sorry for bothering you, Chanyeol. My feelings to you were just in the past. Thank you for saving my life twice. I owe you a lot. I need to go now. Bye." I bowed my head.

"Wait a minute, Seohyun. What owe? You didn't owe anything."

I looked at him with confused look. "You're too nice until you forget about your kindness. You saved me when I collapsed at school, and you saved me again when some gangsters were trying to mess with me."

This time, Chanyeol looked at me confusedly. "I think there's misunderstanding Seohyun. The one who saved you when you were collapsed was Luhan, I just came to accompany you. And the one who saved you from those gangsters was Luhan too. He called me to get back to the cinema as soon as possible."

My eyes widened, so I owed him a lot? But why didn't he tell me?

I made my way out of the shop. I didn't care about the situation around me, even I accidentally hit some people as I ran to Luhan's house. I ran between the crowd, as I wished that the time will go slow. God, please stop the time just for a while...

****

I glanced at the park which was usually open for public, now closed. The gate around the park was locked tight. Was Luhan still inside or home already? I looked at my watch, ten minutes to 4 o'clock.

Perhaps he was home already, so I decided to walk to his house instead. The distance between the park and his house wasn't far so I'd rather to walk. During the way to his house, I kept thinking about him. Somehow I felt something was wrong, and I need to get there, fast. I followed my heart and started to run.

As soon as I arrived in Luhan's house, everything was strange. Nobody was there, something must be wrong.

"Luhan! Luhan! Where are you?" I shouted his name, but no answer.

I entered his house, nobody was here. I wonder where is Luhan, maybe still in the park? Impossible. It's obvious that the gate was locked up tight.

His room was opened, for the first time he didn't lock his room. I entered his room, hoping for Luhan's presence. But I was wrong, no one can be found. I scanned every detail of his room.

Everything was neat, too neat for a guy's room, so was his bedroom. I caught my phone lying on his bedroom. Of course, it was mine. I and Luhan had the same phone but I had a cat keychain on my phone.

I approached it and turned it on. There were a lot of miscalls from Chanyeol. What's with this guy? It's obvious that I rejected him.

Suddenly my phone rang. A call from Chanyeol.

"Hello, what now? I told you that-" he cut my speech.

"Seohyun, where are you? Tell me where are you?"

"Me? Luhan's house. I was looking for him. Why?" I asked him innocently.

"Gosh, didn't he tell you? Don't you know that Luhan went to Beijing today?"

"W-what? B-bei-jing? China?"

TBC