Chapter 29

Imagine You, Imagine Me.

“I cannot pick one” I mumbled to Jake. Jake was sitting next to me, trying to decide which book to get as well. We have been spending almost an hour inside the book store. Once I almost made up my mind, another book comes into view. Jake as well, he was having a hard time picking between two different Murakami books.

“Seriously, I have this feeling, we are going to walk out with two or more books” Jake said and I nodded.

I turned towards Jake and showed him three books I was looking at and gave him a help me, please look.

“Maybe you should go for some mystery?” Jake said and picked one of the books.

“I know, I’ve wanted to read some mystery but this, this is tempting!” I pointed towards another book. Jake laughed as I made a face. “Tell me, why are we here again?” I asked Jake.

“Because we wanted to buy one book” Jake stated as he closed one of the books he was reading.

“Yes, one book. Let’s just walk out with one book” I was determined. I decided on the mystery book, I needed a change in my reading style.

Just as I stood up, I saw another book which I had wanted to read. I stopped again and return to my place next to Jake. All Jake could do was smile and chuckle.

“I can’t do this. I can’t pick one!” I whispered.

“Well, let’s see. What was the last book that you read?” Jake asked, “It was Norwegian Wood wasn’t it?”

I nodded and was still flipping and checking the summary.

“Mystery would be a good change, but if you still want to read something from Murakami, you can’t really go wrong” Jake said.

We spent another thirty minutes, just sitting on the floor when I finally decided which book to buy and thankfully we manage to reach the cash register and made our payments before seeing any other temptations.

It was almost lunch time when we walked out the book store and I had promised Kris lunch today.

“Where are you guys having lunch?” Jake asked as I checked my phone.

“I’m not sure, Kris was suppose to text” I explained. “Should I text him?” I asked Jake.

Jake nodded, “Of course”

I texted Kris asking where he was and where I should wait for him. “I’m thirsty” I said as we passed a pearl milk tea franchise.

We stopped to get a drink; Strawberry smoothie for me and Mango smoothie for Jake. I was still holding onto my phone.

We sat down while we drink our smoothie. The weather was getting hotter for the past few days. “We should go to the Marine Life Park soon” I said towards Jake.

“Oh yeah, we should go during the weekdays” Jake suggested.

“I heard it was better if we go on weekdays, you don’t have classes on Tuesday, right?” I asked Jake.

“No, we don’t have classes on Tuesday” Jake nodded.

I checked my phone again and finally received a reply from Kris.

‘Where are you right now? I’ll come pick you up’

 


 

I waited for 10 minutes before Kris came and pick me up, we had lunch after and we were now at the frozen yogurt shop. I was very happy once we reached the door and greeted the familiar faces in the shop.

“One large, original please” I requested, I turn towards Kris to ask what he wanted, “Or do you want to share?”

“Let’s share” Kris agreed and pulled me into his famous side hug. I pointed towards the strawberry Mochi topping and asked Kris if he wanted any other, “Pick anything, Len” I decided on the yam Mochi.

We sat at the end of the shop, overlooking the city. I took a spoonful of the yogurt and ate my favourite topping. All I could do was gave it a thumbs up and gave a really huge smile towards Kris.

“You really do like this” Kris laughed and I could only nod.

“Seriously, the topping is the best” I said and nudged on Kris to try. Kris finally took his spoon and tried some.

“I have to admit, this is nice” Kris nodded and smiled.

“I told you, it’s the topping, it really is” I said and took another spoonful.

“I agree” Kris wiped something off my mouth. “I can see how much you like the topping” Kris laughed.

“I was obsessed with this when I first tried, we nearly came back here everyday” I explained.

“We? Jake?” Kris asked and I nodded.

“Yeah, thankfully Jake managed to distract me with a few things or else I would be this maniac over yogurt. That wouldn’t be good for my health, right?” I said and took another spoonful.

Kris shook his head but took another spoonful. “I’m glad you are not addicted to this though, I guess I have to thank Jake for taking care of you” Kris said.

“Jake’s really helpful and he’s great” I smiled.

“I can see” Kris stated. “Len, I’m jealous” He finally said when I didn’t respond.

“Jealous? What are you jealous about?” I asked.

“You, Jake” Kris said and grabbed my left hand. “You two are getting really close and it’s, honestly, weird”

“What? We’re friends. Jake’s been helping me a lot. That is it” I insisted.

“Yeah?” Kris asked.

“Yes” I nodded.

“You know how I feel about you, Len” Kris said, “You know how important you are to me, I don’t think I can ever let you go”

“Of course I know. You should know how I feel about you” I said to Kris and touched his face.

Kris smiled while grabbing my hand from his face and immediately gave light kisses on my fingers. “I like you, more than anyone would know”