Chapter 23

Imagine You, Imagine Me.

We ran out of grocery, Tia had put us; Jake and I in charge of restocking our fridge and cabinets. Well, mostly Jake knew what to buy, I was only company. I pushed the trolley along with Jake. We started from the fresh fruits and dairy section. I found out a lot about Jake especially when we shop for food and I discovered we had a lot in common.

We knew which grapes to pick, we both love pears; we liked apple juice, we liked toast, we like a specific type of butter and so many more things. But most importantly we had a thing for fruits. We were both trying to pick out juice right now. We agreed most of the guest preferred orange juice in the morning but we thought apple juice would be a good change for a few days.

“How’s the assignment going?” Jake asked the progress of my final assignment.

“I finally sent them, after thousands of check and re-write; I finally sent them, thankfully.” I answered. Jake laughed at my expression. I was very worried with the assignment, it never seemed perfect but a few days ago, I thought I finally did it.

Jake pointed over loaf of bread next to me and I brought two to the trolley. “How’s yours?” I asked while scanning through the aisle.

“I need a few tweak here, there. My professor didn’t really like what I brought in a few days ago” Jake explained, I was now walking in front of the trolley while Jake pushed.

“No, I think he knew you could do better, he doesn’t not like it, he knows you can do better” I tried sounding positive. I motioned over the frozen food section. We both love this section and we tend to spend an unnecessary amount of time in the section.

I picked up two different types of fries; straight cut, crinkle cut and showed them to Jake. Jake pointed over the straight cuts fries. I put in a box of mini pizzas Jake handed me inside the trolley.

“Are you going home during break?” Jake asked, a few more weeks to go before I have my break. I shook my head.

“No, I’m just going to stay” We walked over to the food cupboard section, Jake still pushing the trolley. “Besides, I haven’t gone to Marine Life Park, break would be the best time to go, I think?” I turned to Jake asking if it was really the best time.

“I haven’t gone there too, we should both go” Jake said and I immediately nodded.

We were both comparing olive oil and which to get and ended up getting mild and light olive oil. “I don’t know where else to go though, I need to go explore as many places as possible” I said to Jake.

“Have you gone on a cable car ride?” Jake asked and handed me another canned food.

“No, cable car, no. Singapore Flyer? Yes” I answered and remembered who I went to the Singapore Flyer with. I immediately shook my memory off.

“Then that’s one place and maybe SAM?” Jake prompted.

“SAM?” I asked and put another canned food in the trolley. The trolley was only a quarter full with food.

“Singapore Art Museum” Jake answered, “We didn’t get to go there last time” Jake reminded.

“We didn’t” I remembered. We moved passed another section. Jake continued looking over the aisle. I was more observing rather than helping.

“Do you have something in mind for tonight’s dinner?” Jake asked as he took packets of mushroom soup.

“Not really, why?” I asked Jake and he stopped in his tracks.

“I ran out of idea” Jake said and we both grin. “I was thinking of pizza, what do you think?”

“Pizza sounds good, you haven’t used the oven for a long time” I said. “I wouldn’t be able to work out the oven if it were me” I suddenly confessed.

“It takes practise, I used to burn all my home made pizza” Jake answered and I laughed.

“You really don’t need to make me feel better” I told Jake, he was always like that. He tries to make me not feel bad. “At home, I used to be called the worst cook, I don’t cook that often” I explained.

“Hey, not cooking often does not mean you are the worst cook. I just had a lot of opportunity” Jake said. I only smiled. “I bet you can cook, you’ll do great.”

“You haven’t taste any of my stuff. I spend hundred hours preparing and researching before I even start” I said and shook my head.

“Well, I’ll give you an A plus for effort” Jake said and I only laughed at his comment. “You should cook sometimes, I’ll help you out” Jake finally said a wish.

“No-no,” I insisted.

“Come on, it couldn’t be that bad” Jake said and we finally stopped at another aisle.

“Well, the only thing I’m confident in is Aglio Olio, that is it” I answered even though Aglio Olio seem to carry a lot memory, I was still confident in making the food.

“I would love to try that!” Jake said and suddenly pointed towards the pasta section. I could only laugh at his determination.

“Then, we have to go back to that aisle, we need some lemons” I said and Jake immediately celebrated.