Chapter 26

Imagine You, Imagine Me.

I went straight upstairs after my talk with Kris. Kris walked me home; he was surprised when he found out where I was staying. I could only explain that I had difficulty finding a place. Our walk home was, awkward. When Kris grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, I had funny feelings in my stomach. It was almost wrong but right at the same time. I became confused with my own feelings.

I found Jake sitting at our hallway, in front of his door, “Jake”

“Hey!” He looked up.

“Hey yourself. Have you eaten?” I asked and sat opposite him in front of my door.

“I did, I made lasagne. Do you want some?” Jake asked and I immediately beamed when I heard the word lasagne. Jake grinned and walked down the stairs.

Despite everything, I was in a mood for Jake’s Lasagne. Jake walked up carrying a plate of lasagne and a bowl of ice cream, two glasses with a water bottle. I laughed when I saw the scene but instantly help grab some of the stuff.

Jake handed me fork and I took one bite of the lasagne. It still tastes great.

“I need to learn how to make this” I said. Jake laughed. “I’m serious” I continued.

“I’m sorry about today, I promised lunch” I said to Jake and he shook his head.

“It’s alright, I understand” Jake assured me. “How was it?” He asked.

“Lunch?” I took another bite.

“Kris, how was your meeting with him?” He smiled.

I could only said one thing, “Weird”

“Why weird?” Jake started eating the ice cream, it was vanilla. My favourite.

“I don’t really know” I leaned towards the wall and continued eating my portion.

“Maybe it’s because you haven’t seen him for a while?” Jake assumed.

“I don’t think that’s the reason” I answered.

“Well, why then?” Jake asked.

I asked if Jake wanted a bite but he shook his head. “He told me he broke up with Jane” I explained.

“Is that a good thing?” Jake now handed me a spoon asking if I wanted some ice cream.

“At first, I thought it wasn’t but after a while, I thought; Isn’t that what I initially wanted?” I scoop some ice cream.

“So, you first thought it was a bad thing?” Jake asked again.

I nodded. “I felt weird; it was like it wasn’t right. But who am I to say that this is right or that is wrong” I explained.

“Well, maybe you shouldn’t think about it too much” Jake said, “Maybe you should try and maybe listen to him?”

“I guess so, I really don’t know Jake” We were both exchanging foods by now. My portion of lasagne was with Jake while I had ice-cream on my hands.