Chapter 25

Imagine You, Imagine Me.

I turned around and there he was. Kris. I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t know what to do. I had only looked at him.

“Len” He said again and walked towards me. I wasn’t prepared for any of this. I wanted to run, I wanted to walk away but my feet weren’t listening.

As Kris got closer, I finally hear myself breathing, “Kris”

“I missed you” He immediately pulled me into a hug. I stood there with no movement at all. After a while, I finally pushed him away.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I told you, I’ll come back, I’ll visit. I mailed you, I tried calling you but you didn’t answer” Kris said. My head was spinning, I couldn’t think straight.

“When did you arrive?” was the only thing I could ask and the only thing that I had on my mind.

“Yesterday, I waited for you at the airport” Kris said and that made me a little guilty.

“I didn’t know” I sighed and found myself getting confuse. I didn’t know Kris was going to come and visit. I thought my life with Kris was over. I remembered Jake was next to me and turned over to him. Jake smiled and whispered “It’s okay, we’ll talk later.”

 


 

Kris brought me to the restaurant he first brought me to in Singapore. I was still puzzled with my own feelings and my own thoughts. When Kris grabbed my hand, I started facing reality.

“I miss you, Len” Kris said.

Yes, I miss him too but I can’t deny, I have tried, with a lot of effort to forget those feelings.

“Your parents told me to say Hi” Kris continued. I only stared at him. “Everyone at home says Hi”

I could only sigh.

“Please say something Len” Kris asked.

I was still thinking of the right thing to say and my mind had nothing, no words.

“At least tell me, how you are feeling?” Kris asked.

I took a deep breath and “I’m fine” was all I could say.

“How is Singapore? How’s your study?” Kris asked again.

“It’s fine.” I answered.

“Where are you staying?” He asked and I felt stuffed.

“Somewhere”

“Where?” He asked again.

“Why are you here Kris?” I finally managed to ask. I finally begin to think.

“I told you, I’m here to visit. I’m here to see you” Kris answered.

“Exactly, why are you visiting?” I asked, too harsh.

“I miss you so I came to visit. I need you so I’m here to see you. I want to see you so I came to Singapore” Kris answered calmly.

“No, don’t say that” I said.

“I meant everything I said” Kris continued. “I really do need you”

I could only shake my head at his words.

“The day you left, I was miserable. I knew you were important and I didn’t do anything to prove that to you” Kris explained.

“Stop Kris. Just stop!” I almost shouted. “Stop this, I don’t need this, we can’t. We just can’t” I continued.

“I broke up with her” Kris said.

I could only look up and stare at him. “What?”

“I broke the relationship off. I broke up with Jane, Len” Kris continued.

I didn’t know what to say, I couldn’t think of a response. I didn’t know what I was feeling either.

“I know it took me a while, but I did it” Kris said almost proud.

I almost felt that his words were wrong. I couldn’t feel happy. I just can’t, not when someone else could be sad.

“She accepted it, Len” Kris said almost answering my thoughts. I was still looking towards him trying to read his face. “I told her, I can’t keep on lying and giving her hope”

I was getting anxious; I didn’t know what to say.

“I...” was the only word that manages to come out.

“You don’t need to say anything, Len. Just be here for me. I want to go back to normal. I want us back” Kris said.