Chapter 37

Imagine You, Imagine Me.

One year later.

 

“How is everything back home?”

“Everything is fine, everyone is getting along like always. Alex’s getting married this June”

“Really? That sounds amazing, tell him my congratulations”

“I will. Will you be coming to his wedding?”

“I probably will, I’m finishing all of my works here and June sounds like a good time to be back home”

“Great, Jess has been complaining about Alex. She can’t stand him being cheesy all the time right now”

“I believe you, Jess will definitely hate Alex being cheesy”

We both laughed over the phone. I heard Kris smiling over the phone, I could feel it radiating.

It’s been eleven months since we last saw each other in Singapore. Kris is now back home, working at the company he had applied for after graduating.

I decided to come back to Singapore after my graduation, I decided to build up my resume and it’s been months since I went home.

“I guess we’ll see each other, June?” Kris asked.

“Yes, hopefully” I answered his question.

“Okay, just let us all know when you’re coming, okay?” Kris said and I nodded almost like Kris could see me.

“Sure, say my hi to Jane, yeah?” I said.

“I will, Jake as well. Remind him, he owes me a basketball match” We both laughed again.

“I will.” I saw Jake entering the room and I waved to him.

He brought his hands up to show me foods that he bought before placing them on the counter top.

“How is everything with Jake?” Kris finally asks, we never really talk about our relationship.

Deep down inside, we both know though, that we were finally able to accept what ours was.

“It’s fine, he’s been good. Don’t worry” I smiled and looked over to Jake again.

“I’m happy to hear that” Kris said and I heard that relieved tone from him.

“I’m sure you are happy too, with Jane” I replied and heard Kris laugh.

“I am” I smiled when I heard his answer.

“I’ll talk to you soon, okay Kris?” I exchanged my goodbye and told our misses as usual.

 

 

“I bought you some sushi” Jake gave me a small hug before sitting.

“Thank you, I was about to get some for our dinner later but you beat me to it” I told Jake who was sitting opposite me. “Kris says to remind you, you owe him a basketball match”

He smiled and nodded, “Sure, when are we going?”

I took out the take out and started walking over to the kitchen. Jake followed and grabbed some plates.

“June, Alex is getting married as well on June” I placed everything carefully on the plate Jake had grabbed.

“Great, I can’t wait to meet everyone” Jake smiled and gave a peck on my cheek.

Just then, I felt a wave of emotions.

The feeling I always had when I dream and imagine I would love to be in.

And I finally realised,

 

that this was right.

 

 

 

- End -

 

 

 

 

A/N : Re-wrote this on 3rd March, I didn't like the first ending that I wrote anyways. I hope this cleared up some confusion that our readers had before. Sorry, if it was too vague.