Chapter 2

Imagine You, Imagine Me.

After refreshing myself, I went out my room and walked in the kitchen. It smell nice, Tia was not lying when she said I wouldn’t regret it. I said my hi to the other guest, “We’ll see you guys later, We’re going out to visit the Night Safari! Enjoy your dinner, you too Lena.” They smiled and I waved back, I’m going to add Night Safari to my visit list.

 

So, I was left with Tia, Jake- the helper-chef, Calvin- an undergrad who was trying to run away from stress he is having with school and Anne who was on a three month vacation. Finally it was my turn to talk.

 

“I’m here to visit a friend.” I said, with a smile on my face. “And to enjoy Singapore as well.” I added.

 

“Visit a friend?” Anne immediately sprung up out of excitement. “Boyfriend?” She asked frankly.

 

“No-no, a good friend, he’s studying here and I thought it would be nice to visit Singapore while having someone I know here already.” I don’t know how many times I use this excuse back at home and I’m now using it here.

 

“Okay! Dinner is served.” Jake said.

 

Tia was not kidding. I was impressed, it tasted like home. “This is delicious.” I unconsciously said out loud.

 

“Told you, you wouldn’t regret it! Jake makes the best food, but this lasagne is his bestest, if that is even a word.” Tia exclaimed.

 

“I’m glad you liked them.” Jake finally took a seat on the square table and eating his portion. I continued eating my portion of the lasagne. “How long are you staying here, Lena?” Jake asked.

 

“Um, I’m staying for a week. Will be going back home on Monday.” I said. He instantly nodded.

 

“This place will be quiet in the next few days” Tia said explaining everyone will be off to either back home or another country they plan on visiting. The reservation had also finally rest out; they’ve been getting full booked rooms for the past few months and in a way Tia was happy that she finally gets some quiet time in the guest house. Not that she didn’t like the company but she needed a vacation herself. I get what she was saying. I used to love my friends’ company but ever since Kris went away, I needed my alone time.

“Do you know what you plan on doing the next few days?” Tia asked. I shook my head; honestly, the only thing I look forward to doing was going out and spending time with Kris. I’m regretting it now though because it seems like that wouldn’t happen.

 

“Well, you could always ask any one of us, we’ll be happy to help.” Jake said while handing me over a drink.

 

“Thanks.”

 

After dinner, I walked back to my room and took a short shower and settled on my bed. I needed a long sleep after all that excitement, shock, and rollercoaster ride of emotion, I needed rest.

 

My phone rang and I knew who it was. I answered while looking at the time. 10.15pm.

 

Len, I’m sorry.” Kris said.

 

“It’s okay, I understand Kris” I simple said not knowing what else to say.

 

I forgot I had dinner plans with the guys.”

 

“And Jane.”

 

Yeah, Jane.”

 

“Don’t worry about it Kris, I should have talked to you more about this instead of telling you over the mail. I should have thought about you as well.” I muttered.

 

Don’t say that.” I heard a tiny disappointment in his voice. “Tell you what, I’ll bring you out for brunch tomorrow, how does that sound?

 

It sounded nice. Of course I wanted brunch with Kris.