Chapter 30

Imagine You, Imagine Me.

It was a Saturday; Kris decided to bring me out for a date. Finally, a real date for the two of us. I slept soundly last night after Kris told me of his plans for the day but now that I am awake, I was starting to panic. I didn’t know what to wear, what to put on and a lot of things came into my mind.

I open my closet and stared at my clothes for the longest time, I never knew this day would come. I never imagined, I would be standing in front of my clothes and could not decide on what to wear. I heard a knock on my door, “Lena?”

I turned around to see Jake behind my door, “Hey, good morning.” I greeted him.

“Good morning” Jake answered, “Are you not eating breakfast?” Jake asked and I looked over the time.

“I’m going to, I just couldn’t decide” I picked another blouse out and put them back in again.

“Oh?” Jake asked.

“I’ll just figure them out later, let’s eat breakfast!” I walked away from my closet and Jake closed my door. “Food smells really nice today!” I said towards Jake.

Jake gave me a plate of fried rice with small condiments; he also poured some hot chocolate for the two of us.

“Are you going on a date today?” Jake asked and I just nodded. “I’m glad things are going well for you two” Jake continued.

“Thanks Jake” I smiled and thanked Jake.

“Have fun today, okay? I need to visit home so if you don’t see me later, you know where I am, okay?” Jake occasionally goes to visit home.

“Okay, have fun too Jake” I said.

 


 

I was back in my room, and finally decided on what to wear; dark jeggings, floral shirt paired with a brown thin cardigan and surprisingly Kris dressed in no button cardigan with white shirt. I hugged as soon as I saw him.

“You look great” Kris said, still hugging me.

“You too” I closed the door behind us and followed Kris to his car.

Our first stop for the day was a river cruise in Singapore. Kris had never done the cruise as well as me. We stepped in the boat and sat at the end. The weather was nice today, it wasn’t too hot or too cloudy, it was just right.

The wind was breezy and we continued to be impressed with everything we see, we found it amazing to see the contrast of old and modern structure. Kris pointed out towards the different colonial buildings that he saw.

It was amazing, the way how the wind feels; it was like nothing else mattered. My hair was blown by the breeze and Kris helped tucked in several strands of my hair from behind me. I just cannot help but feel like this, right here, was everything that I had wished for in life.

We were hand in hand as we walked out the boat and headed to our next stop, it was as if we were on a theme today, nature and a walk back to the past. We headed off to Singapore’s most famous walking trail at Fort Canning Park.

While walking through the place rich in history, we can’t help but think back to all the past memories we both had.

“That business fair was our peak” I sat over a bench and Kris sat next to me.

“It was tiring but fun at the same time” Kris admitted and we breathe in the air.

“I thought we were all going to, some way, give up but we managed” I said to Kris. “I mean, we were all stressed out, we were in the verge of strangling each other’s neck” I remember how everyone paced around the room trying to decide on what to do for the fair.

“Oh yeah, Sam and Tina kept on fighting over what we decided on doing” Kris and I laughed as we remembered our college memories.

“It took us three days to decide on the burger” I remembered, we kept on arguing about whether we should sell food or products.

“We manage to win because of the sauce you made” Kris looked over towards me.

“No, we all made that sauce together, it was really luck on our side” I smiled and remembered how our team won by $45 more.

“I think I started liking you then” Kris confessed. I turn towards him to see his face. “I love how you are always hard working but still even though you were tired, you always had that smile on your face, I love that” Kris my cheeks.

“I think my smiles were hiding all the stress that I felt” I explained, “I mean, frowning wouldn’t make the stress go away, it wouldn’t help us at all, so why not smile. I think I learn that from you as well, you always have a smile on your face, Kris” I smiled again towards him and he flashed that smile, his winning smile that I fell in love with years ago.