Chapter 3

Imagine You, Imagine Me.

I woke up the next morning and heard the sound of plates and glasses colliding. I’m guessing everyone had already woken up and is having their breakfast. I stepped in my bathroom, freshen up and finally went out. I was once again greeted with friendly faces. Everyone was talking about their visit to the Night Safari last night.

 

I was excited to hear what they had to share and began to wonder if I would be able to visit with Kris.

 

“Do you want pancakes, Lena?” I heard someone asking behind me, I turned around and saw Jake diligently making pancakes for everyone.

 

“Sure.” The maple syrup was calling me, I love pancakes in the morning.

 

“So, Lena, any plans for today?” Anne asked me while passing me a glass. I poured in hot chocolate which Tia had passed me.

 

“I’m going out for Brunch later and then...” And then what Lena? I couldn’t continue my sentence. I’ll spend time with Kris. I’m sure.

 

“Going out with your friend, I see~” Anne teased.

 

Everyone else continued eating and they started asking Tia and Jake about places they were going to visit, which best way to go with, which transport to use, what to do after.

 

“Lena, if you want to join us, you are more than welcome to!” Sam invited as they were planning on going to the Universal Studio. My eyes lit up, I’ve always wanted to visit the Universal Studio. I was about to agree when I was reminded that I had brunch plans with Kris.

 

“I would love to but, maybe tomorrow? What are you planning on doing tomorrow?” I asked. I thought for the better, if I had plans then Kris wouldn’t be worried. He wouldn’t feel as guilty.

 

“Tomorrow? What are we doing tomorrow, Lexy?” Sam turned to Lexy who was sitting next to him.

 

“Oh, we are planning on going on an Arty tour tomorrow. It would be fun!” Lexy tried to convince Lena when she needed no convincing. Art is something which will make her in bliss.

 

“Sure! That sounds great.” I nodded and all of them were more than happy.

 


 

I was waiting for Kris. It was 1pm, it’s lunch time. It’s not brunch anymore. I was glad I ate some pancakes in the morning or else I would have been some cranky women on the loose. I tapped on the table and glanced on my phone again. Maybe I missed Kris’ call or text but no, nothing. I decided against calling or texting him as well, I don’t want to seem pushy.

 

“You are still here?”

 

I looked up and saw Jake coming in from outside with his backpack on his shoulders.

 

“Yeah”, I simply said.

 

“Have you tried texting him? Maybe he’s stuck in traffic?” Jake said. I shake my head.

 

“Nah, I don’t want to bother him.”

 

“You should at least text; let him know you are waiting.” Jake took a drink from the fridge and asked if I want one too. I shook my head again.

 

“Should I?” I finally gave up. I took my phone and started typing three words. Where are you?

 

Not one minute passed and my phone finally rang. I picked it up.

 

“Len! I’m sorry, I’m coming in 20 minutes.” He whispered.

 

“Where are you?” I asked again.

 

“Em, I’ll explain later?” He hung up the phone. I sighed and Jake caught on.

 

“What did he say?” Jake asked with no meaning on prying.

 

“He’ll be here in 20 minutes.” I assumed.

 

“You are disappointed.” Jake stated. I simply smiled and shook my head. I was use to this; he did this back home as well. Sometime I wonder how I managed to be so patient.

 

Jake took out his book and I leaned my head on the table facing him. I saw his book; John Berger’s And Our Faces, My Heart, Brief as Photos. I immediately sat up “Where did you get that?”

 

Jake stopped reading and pointed over his book, “This?”

 

“Yes, that!” I spoke in excitement, “Can I see it please?” Jake hand over the book to me.

 

“You don’t know how long I’ve been searching for this.” I open the first page and looked over to Jake. “Where did you get this?”

 

Jake smiled and said that the book was a gift. I was hoping that he bought the book then maybe I could go to that store and get it as well. Jake noticed my disappointment.

 

“You could borrow it.” Jake said and pushed the book to me when I gave it back to him.

 

“No-no, it would take ages for me to read the whole thing.” I believed. I then heard the door bell and turn to the door. Jake stood up and open the door, Kris was standing there.