Declaration (CS)

Spotted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-3 days prior the article was released-

KPAD University’s bustling lunch hour had just begun; students were flocking around the modern, clean architectural design of the cafeteria with unquenched appetite. Deciding on what menu to eat from 12 different prestigious food & beverage establishment in the world which are now located under one roof; Lee Sungyeol was going back and forth between UCC café and California Pizza Kitchen. But then someone caught his eye, his friend L just entered Tous Le Jour that made him decide at last. He was not a sweet tooth unlike his friend L but then Tous Le Jour will do they have awesome sandwiches and a good cup of Iced Amerikano his ultimate favourite drink. Walking towards Tous Le Jour with his Santoni dress shoes, he tried to sneak behind his friend and surprise him.

 But before Sungyeol could reach his friend and shake his shoulders, L glanced behind him and said, “Were you suppose to sneak behind and surprise me?” looking down at Sungyeol’s feet, L continued. “That would not happen since your footsteps can be heard in a 5 meter radius. Your Italian designer shoes were working against you, my friend.” Smirking and walking towards the counter L ordered a cup of Iced Latte and grilled cheese sandwich with salad.

“You’re ordering just that? And you eat salad?! Since when?!” Sungyeol asked his friend in surprise.

“I am not eating just that…” L responded, “I’m also ordering my dessert quota for the day.” L rubs his stomach and looking at his friend, “Why don’t you order and find us a seat while I look at this display of treats” pointing towards an all corners clear glass display of desserts that was visible to the customers in the store and onlookers outside.

While his friend was busy ordering and finding them seats, L was taking his time looking at each and every dessert on the display. He loved staring at cakes and its artistic beauty. If he did not take up photography he would probably aspire to be a pastry chef and eat as much pastries as his appetite desires.

As he was browsing he could see that a person from the outside, by the window was eagerly looking at the treats as well. They’re eyes met both blushing they straightened their back abruptly and looking at each other through the glass. They both nodded in greeting. Grinning like a fool L scratched the back of his neck embarrassed that once again he was caught in admiring his guilty pleasure. He was not quite sure himself if he was referring to the treats below or the person in front of him who was the epitome of beauty, Bae Suzy. Who as of the moment turned and scuffled away from the shop window and was going in another restaurant booth.

It was Déjà vu for L, this was how they met in Paris both of them eagerly looking at the display of treats in front of them blind to notice what else was around them, until they bumped into each other’s shoulders. Shaking his head to wake himself from that dream, he pointed to a chocolate bear shaped cake to the store waiter who was standing by his side.

“Will you have it for takeout or for here?” The waiter asked like he was supposed to ask, like a routine.

“For here.” L replied

Awakened from his afternoon stupor, the waiter looked at L and asked in surprise “The whole cake? For here?”

Smiling L nodded. The waiter shook his head while he grabbed the cake and went to the back bewildered by L’s sweet appetite.

Sitting across his friend Sungyeol, L grabbed the sandwich that was placed on the table in front of him. He started gobbling it up.

Sungyeol looking at his friend disgustingly said, “I think you forgot you food etiquette while you were away for a year. This is your first day in school and you are making quite an impression on your comeback.” Looking around him Sungyeol emphasized to his friend that everyone in 10 meter vicinity around them was looking at him, at L.

Making a “I don’t care” sound, L continued on eating his meal. Finally, finishing his sandwich he rubbed both of his hands together and looking at his friend, he could see that he was still staring at him with shock.

 “You know in Italy, in the countryside, when you eat food with a lot of enthusiasm they consider it as a compliment to their culinary skills. It seems though that I took up to that habit and it’s hard to break out of it.” L said matter-of-factly.

“Well you have to break out of it. Since, I will be inviting you to a house blessing party of mine, three days from now. In where you will be somewhat presented to society again and hopefully by then you will be acting more presentable and back to your old self. Where is my suave, mysterious friend who girls love to watch from afar but never up close? You are acting too human and approachable right now. I don’t want a big flock of girls vying for you attention.” Sungyeol with his arms crossed on his chest said upsettingly.

Laughing loudly L looked at Sungyeol and replied. “Woohyun hyung is already doing an exceptional job in that department. I would not want to steel the limelight from him. But what is this house warming or blessing all about anyway?”

Taking a sip of his Iced Amerikano, Lee Sungyeol lowered his eyes and then looking up back at his friend. He could not contain the happiness he was feeling. “I got my own apartment!” He said excitedly. “Father kept to his word that once the financial crisis is over and I’ve taken up medicine as my college course. He will get me my own penthouse apartment. In which he did and he surprised me with that present just yesterday.” Grinning with his gums exposed, Sungyeol cannot stop boasting about his own apartment to his friend. “It’s fully furnished already and it has an infinity pool as its roof deck. So I was thinking a pool party will be the right thing to do. Enjoy the pool while summer weather is still around.” Clasping his hands together excitedly he looked at L expecting excitement etched on his features as well yet L did not have his full attention….because someone behind Sungyeol grabbed his shoulders and gave Sungyeol a fright.

L exploded and started laughing. “Job well done Sungjong.” L said to the person behind Sungyeol and averting his eyes back on Sungyeol “That’s the way to surprise a person.”

Sitting on the chair beside both of them, Sungjong placed a takeout box in front of him, his lunch from CPK. “So did I hear right? Were you going to throw a house warming party? A pool party?” Sungjong asked his cousin with curiosity as he unwrap his food.

Still getting over the incident from a while ago, Sungyeol decided to completely ignore his cousin, he stayed silently seated as he stared angrily at both Sungjong and L.

Sungjong rolling his eyes looked at L and found answers to his questions.

Angrily Sungyeol looked at L, feeling betrayed. “You did not have to tell him! If I wanted him to know I would tell him myself!”

“Anyway, while we’re at lunch why not write a guest list already.” Sungjong suggested wisely.

“Good Idea!” Sungyeol agreed excitedly, forgetting that he was angry at his cousin. He brought out his Note Tab and started writing random names and asking his cousin and friend their opinion.

“Yoon Bora?” Sungyeol questioned them both.

“Why not?” L said shrugging his shoulders. “Add her to the list. I have not seen her for the longest time and I miss hanging out with everyone. Make sure to keep your list limited to 20 people though.”

Sungyeol was about to jut down Bora’s name when Sungjong protested. “Are you sure? Suzy will be there too you know? I thought you would have more sense, cousin. Since she was the reason you were in a dilemma in the first place. May I also emphasize that your whole family was put in a tight spot.”

“Hey!” L interjected. “Isn’t it about time that we get over with the whole issue? It’s a new year and a new school year in fact. It’s time that we put everyone in one place and get over it. What do you think Sungyeol?”

As response Sungyeol wrote Bora’s name on his guest list.

)-------------(

Across the 3 boys, behind a pillar, seated was Suzy with IU quietly eating their lunch; IU noticed that her friend was quite distracted since she kept looking behind the pillar. IU followed Suzy’s gaze and found that her friend was actually looking at Sungyeol, Sungjong and the new person, back in town, L.

“Suzy, if you wanted to sit with the rest of your friends you should have told me.” Lifting her food tray off the table IU continued. “Why don’t we join them now?”

Startled Suzy looked at IU. “Join who? Them?” Pointing at the direction where all 3 boys were now laughing together. Lifting her chin, “I would rather stay with my female friend. We would not get half of the things they are saying.” Suzy convincing herself told IU.

“Okay. If that’s what you wish.” IU smiled at Suzy and yet still doubting her words. Across her she could see Suzy has zone out and was completely absorbed in her own thoughts.

-Suzy’s Flashback of yesterday’s events-

As L took a photo of wide open staring at him. Suzy realized what was happening; L was her assigned photographer for this shoot! This was going to be a hellish photo session. She had done a few modelling stints already in the past but this was the first time that she knew the Photographer privately and not professionally. To think, that she has to do several poses in several outfits in front of L. She wanted to scream and run out of this studio all together, but then that will be unprofessional and her mother will get in her case. Since, it’s their own line she’s modelling.

Swallowing her pride, she struck a pose awkwardly standing there like a lamp post, straight and unmoving.

Jang Dongwoo the creative director started shouting instructions. “Ms. Suzy please move freely. Ms. Suzy at least put your hand in another position. Your leg, Ms. Suzy please move it.” The instructions were becoming more of a plea and Dongwoo’s patience was becoming very thin already. He stopped giving instructions all together and started stomping forward to Suzy’s direction. He started positioning Suzy’s body accordingly like a mannequin being put in a certain pose or position.

Hearing a loud frustrated sigh from L’s direction, Suzy awakened from her mannequin state and looked at L. “You don’t have the right to sigh or be angry! I should be the one who’s angry because the last time I saw you. You just left me by a hotel sidewalk speechless and brushing aside that nothing at all has happened. And now you’re here expecting me to comfortably pose for you!!!” Suzy raising her voice as she said what she had to say. Fuming Suzy lowered her head and started counting to calm her anger. She did not notice that L was walking towards her.

 L lifting her chin stood an inch away from Suzy. He was literally breathing down her face. Moving his lips closer to her left ear he whispered. “I think it’s time we forget that for now and focus at the task at hand. I need you to relax for me Suzy. I need you your body to move with the music. Can you hear the music? It’s peaceful, flowing and graceful. Be the music.” Lifting his lips away from her ear, he looked at Suzy eyes. “Can you do that for me or at least for us because like you I want to get this over with fast?”

Suzy felt L’s uneasiness too that put Suzy’s confidence back and she started posing for the camera like she was a pro.

-End of Flashback-

Suzy’s heartbeat was erratically beating just by thinking back to the events that happened yesterday. Shaking her head, she decided to get her mental state back on track and her heartbeat back in rhythm. She looked across her seeing IU with a worried – bored l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter