Mystery (CS)

Spotted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-8 hours before the article was released-

It was past midnight when L entered his father’s mansion. Storming through the door he went straight to his father’s study only to find Seo Joohyun with him. L glared at both of them from the door with a bewildered expression.

“How convenient though that both of his source of anger were together.” He thought to himself a smirk forming his lips as he walked towards them.  Glancing at Joohyun before directing his full attention to the older gentleman, L released an audible long sigh meeting his father’s gaze he spoke. “I should not be surprise that you found your way to each other.” Pointing at both of them “I am surprise though that my father did not have the courtesy to inform me who I would be picking up in the airport. I was taken back when she mentioned her name being, Seo Joohyun…” Looking at Joohyun “…I clearly remember introducing yourself to me in Spain as “Anna”.

The older Mr. Kim was startled by L’s statement but then realization sunk in. “Well that’s good that you have already met. It will save us from the awkwardness of getting to know each other.” Rising from his chair he looked at his son and Joohyun who were, as of the moment, having a silent stare war. “Since it’s already late and Joohyun came from a long flight it is only fit that we discuss matters tomorrow and turn in for the night.”

As Mr. Kim exit the study and Joohyun was about to do the same thing, L grabbed unto her wrist gripping on it tightly like iron steel. “I think it will be better if we clear things out now so we can sleep soundly tonight. I will not be able to sleep a wink with a big problem weighing on my shoulders……. Anna.” Emphasizing on the last word with pure sarcasm, mocking the person he was directing it to.

Seo Joohyun pulled her arm off L’s grasp, turning to face L “For your information, Anna is my English name. So technically I was not lying or trying to hide my identity by giving you that name. And besides it’s purely coincidental that we meet again here in Korea with different circumstances.” Lifting her chin meeting L’s gaze that was drilling holes on her face, she straightened her spine.

“If you say so….” Tilting his head weighing the options and thinking about the circumstances and coming to a conclusion of doubt. “So when we met in Spain you did not have a clue who I was? You just happen to find me interesting enough to strike up a conversation and demand assistance to your needs?” Lifting an eyebrow and crossing his arms on his chest, L looked at Joohyun intently.

Blushing from neck to forehead, Joohyun accepted defeat and retreated by averting her eyes elsewhere. Stuttering she spoke “I was in need of those pictures for my portfolio and believe it or not….” Crossing her arms in front of her chest and rubbing her arms trying to erase the emotion of vulnerability that she was feeling. “…any woman in her right mind will find you attractive to strike up a conversation with.” Looking back at L she smiled slightly at him trying to cover her embarrassment. She also realized that L still did not believe or did not want to believe what she said. Since he remained motionless staring at her trying to analyse if what she said were true and not false. She turned and exited the door leaving L in the room contemplating on what was said.

)-------------(

Woohyun was staring intently at IU while a series of different facial expression formed her face as she thought of something. Ever since Suzy had stepped out of the Limo when they dropped her off to her house, IU had been caught up in her own world completely ignoring Woohyun who sat across her in the large back compartment of the long Limo. But then Woohyun was not complaining nor was he bored since he was contented and entertained by just watching IU animatedly contorting her face according to the emotions she was feeling. But one expression got Woohyun chuckling and curious what came across her mind. IU had her brows curled, her dark brown irises almost hidden as she tried to seek the answer in her head by trying to look inside it literally in an attempt to reverse her eyeballs completely.

Woohyun had no choice but to lean forward and bump his knuckles on IU’s forehead with a light punch to get her attention. “YAH! What the hell are you thinking about?!”

IU startled, looked at Woohyun annoyingly. “None of your business, if I was willing to share it with you I would have not kept to myself this entire ride.”

“Really?” Cocking his head on one side, Woohyun grinned before saying. “I might be of help. It looks like your trying to find answers about some things. Obviously you have not found the answer since you were immersed with your own thoughts a while ago. I…” Pointing on his chest with his index finger “…might have the answers you seek.”

IU just rolled her eyes. Woohyun giving up on hope for IU telling him about what she’s contemplating on, just went ahead and tried to guess her problem.  Tapping on his lower lip with his index finger, “Hmmmmm…..Are you wondering about how charming I was tonight…or how it was unbelievable that I acted as a perfect date and gentleman this evening…or is it the fact that you are realizing that you have feelings for me and you’re trying to figure out what those feelings are….or perhaps…”

Woohyun was not able to finish what he was saying since IU interrupted him by throwing her purse at him. “YAH! Not everything is about you, OKAY!!!!” Pouting and turning her head towards the window. “I was thinking about Su….”

“Suzy and L…” Woohyun finished for her.

IU was shocked; Woohyun figured that much since she had open.

“You know…” Leaning back on his chair and crossing his legs, “You should give me more credit. I am not immune to the things that happen around me. I saw what happened earlier when Suzy ran away from L, pushing L as she entered the Limo. Suzy can have a temper sometimes; you just need to have the patience to give her some space. She’ll eventually cool down and talk to you…and hopefully talk to L as well. My little brother, I’m sure has a good explanation for everything. That kid has more sense than any of us and his been in love with Suzy since forever.” Uncrossing his legs and leaning forward Woohyun grabbed unto IU’s chin making her face him. “Don’t ever take me for granted.” Uncreasing the lines on IU’s forehead by tracing a line downward from her forehead to her nose with his index finger, Woohyun continued. “And besides I’m here to help you so don’t worry about it.” Flicking on her cute nose with the same finger Woohyun smiled at her.

This is a first for IU to witness a smile from Woohyun that felt completely honest and not held back. Since it had his face transformed to the usual mocking player to a boy-like innocent charm. IU was fooled by that innocence since she felt her heart flutter for Woohyun a little bit because of that smile.

)-------------(

Bora checked her phone for the last time. It indicated that she did not have any messages received nor did any calls come in and that it was already 12:30 pm. She stood up from the wooden bench she was sitting on that was located across KPAD theatre. She has given up hope that Sunggyu will ever show up. The last message she received from him explained that he will just be running late.

Bora stood in the middle of an almost empty parking lot. She could only see huge production vans that were loading their stuff. Her dilemma was how will she get home?  Since, she did not bring her car. She came with her parents earlier but decided to not leave with them to wait for Sunggyu in case he still shows up. But here she was alone with no one to get or accompany her. She was about to cry out of self-pity when she spotted Sungyeol’s car still in the parking lot. With renewed hope she ran towards it finding Sungyeol on the driver’s seat his head slumped forward on the wheel.

Bora knocked on the window and was glared at by Sungyeol as a result. She muttered her apologies loudly for him to hear. “I am sorry! But I seem to have lost my ride. Please be an angel and help me.” She smiled hesitantly.

Sungyeol as response click on the unlock button on his side and nudged his head to indicate to Bora to get in on the passenger’s seat. Bora smiled gratefully this time walking towards the other side and opening the passenger door sliding herself in on the plush seat of the car. Grabbing unto the seatbelt buckle she looked towards Sungyeol thanking him again.

Sungyeol did not even bother to look back at her as he the key to start the car. “Is there any place you need to urgently go to……or can you accompany for a drink? I had a bad day.”

Deciding if she should go with her first impulsive reaction or the wise thing to do, Bora after a split second decided

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter