Catch

Spotted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Catch

16 hours before the ball, Nam Woohyun was at a private spa restaurant sipping tea, waiting for his companion to arrive who is running late. Placing the gold plated tea cup back to its saucer, he checked his Rolex for the 3rd time, and to be exact the person is 15 minutes late already. Tapping his fingers on the mahogany table, he looked towards the door again and found Bora entering the restaurant. Buttoning his pure white military jacket by Michael Korrs, he stood up to greet the very late Bora, who was now walking towards him in her y red dress. Pulling out the chair across him, Bora thanked Woohyun with a nod and sat on the chair with her legs crossed, exposing a little more of her perfect legs.

As soon as Woohyun sat across her, Bora casually grabbed his hand and placed it in the middle of her palms. Staring at Woohyun with anxious eyes she spoke “Did you get an invitation to Prestige’s Ball?” Letting go of Woohyun’s hand she leaned back and started fiddling with the gold clustered diamond ring on her middle finger.

Seeing Bora restless, Woohyun grabbed both of her hands this time and look her in the eye. “Of course I did. Is that why you called me here today? It was supposed to be hush hush since they wanted it to be a surprise for Suzy…How..”

Cutting him off, “Sungyeol unintentionally slipped” pulling her hands out of Woohyun’s clasp, she signalled to a waiter. “I can’t believe that Mr. & Mrs. Bae will still invite him after what he’d done. If they’re inviting him couldn’t they out of courtesy invite me too?”

“It’s different…” Woohyun responded, looking at the waiter who arrived, “Please get the lady a green milk tea and strawberry French macaroons.”

“How…..” Bora was surprised.

“I had known you for 20 years. Even though it seemed like I was not an attentive boyfriend. I would at least still have a good memory and you’ve been ordering the same thing ever since 3 years ago when we started frequenting here.

“Am I that predictable? I could have changed my preferences.” Bora pointed out not wanting to accept defeat.

“I would know also if you’ve changed your preference. Speaking of changing of preference I remember you changed yours a year ago when you decided you don’t want me anymore.” Woohyun leaning forward responded with slight sarcastic tone.

“Touche” Bora counter reacted. “And besides that “preference” did not go anywhere since that person decided he did not want me too.” Stirring her tea that just arrived, she continued. “So now were even the blessing of Karma, don’t you think?” Taking a sip of her tea she winked at Woohyun. “So going back to the original topic, I want to be your plus one for that party.”

“Ahhhh.” Leaning back again Woohyun smiled, “I knew this date had a hidden agenda. I thought you wanted an innocent get together and at the end of the date you’ll want to get back together with me again. Since, again you will be charmed by the pleasure of my company and my undeniable good looks.”

Tossing her head backwards Bora laughed at the statement heartily. “That is why even with their history together. Nam Woohyun and she will still end up like this…good friends.” She thought.

“Well? Will you accept my invitation of becoming your date for tomorrow’s Ball?”

“How could I decline you, but that means less female attention for me if I bring you as a date.” Sighing, Woohyun pretended he was having 2nd thoughts, but the truth is Bora was and still is an important person in his life so he cannot deny her anything,  but then an idea came popping in his head. “I accept the proposition but there is a condition…”

“And that is?” Bora asked irritatingly

“That is you have to be my slave on the first day of school. You will do anything and everything I ask of you. Deal?” Extending his arm for an approval handshake, he looked at Bora with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Sighing loudly Bora leaned forward to accept that handshake. “Deal!”

)-------------(

 

The next day, Sunggyu went down for breakfast to find the dining table empty with used plates and crumbs around the table. Shaking his head, he could not believe his cousin has not changed at all, Jieun shi is still a bully and a slob. “Where the hell did that girl go?” He mumbled to himself.

Across the street in a small park Jieun was on a bench under a tree, sketching her surroundings in paper. This was her morning routine in New York. She would go to Central Park to draw, to get inspiration for her clothing designs. She loved nature and the city as well that is why she loved New York. Feeling a little bit homesick, Jieun decided she had enough inspirational sketches for the day. Standing up she headed home or was about to head home when she heard a loud, SLAM! Looking across her she could see a guy in jogging attire on the floor with the lamp post in front of him. Running towards him IU

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter