Decide (CS)

Spotted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

- 32 hours before the article was released -

The weather was cold like ice as L stepped out of his white Audi. The incident on the rooftop where a decision was made in the process that entirely changed and affected his life greatly. He still could not decide if it was for the good or the bad but it had its ups and downs.

He straightened his necktie before tossing the keys to the valet, grabbing tightly on the straps of his canon bag he made his way to the event lobby flashing his press card to the security. The additional privilege that L acquired by working for his Father. He could go to any event and flash his ID or Press card, but for tonight it was not just any event but Ramp Crossings fashion show for their winter collection which will be front lined by non-other Bae Suzy herself alongside model extraordinaire Seo Joohyun.

In the corner of his eye L could see the ever energetic Jang Dongwoo enthusiastically waving at him by the door of the ramp stage. L could not help but roll his eyes as he tried to smile back to greet his colleague. He still could not find himself to call him a friend even though Dongwoo thought otherwise.

As they found their seat in front of the stage on an elevated platform in the back. L surveyed his surroundings and found Sungyeol, Bora and Woohyun together at the very front of the left side of the ramp stylishly attired and seem to be engrossed in a conversation. Although engrossed, L seemed to have caught Woohyun’s eye since Woohyun was now waving at him with a wide grin on his face. Bora did the same while Sungyeol frown was still apparent from where L was. L could not help it but meet his friend’s stare and sadly frown back at him. Woohyun saw the exchange to distract them from the bad vibes engulfing them he slapped Sunyeol’s shoulders loudly to get his attention back. Woohyun whispered something that made Sungyeol laugh and all was forgotten well for now….

Since, it was Woohyun’s turn to frown when he saw Sungjong and IU taking the empty seats beside him. Woohyun was about to scowl at IU when suddenly everything became dark and a bright spotlight on the center of the Ramp was the only light you could see. Suzy stepped out from behind as she stood at the center strutting gracefully towards the end of the stage.

Numerous flashes of lights were blinding Suzy as she entered the fashion runway of the winter collection for Ramp Crossings. She had to gracefully pose for the photographers at the end of the runway but she was having a difficult time at it since she could not keep her eyes open. She had to direct her gaze to the back of the room where she could see dark shadowed forms of men standing with their cameras. One particular person stood out and looked familiar that is why Suzy kept her gaze at that person for the entire show. Not only was she walking out more confidently but she could not erase the smug smile that was permanently fixed on her lips.

“It has been a crazy 2 months.” Suzy thought as she walked out to the runway once again now wearing the finale outfit of the evening. A knitted red coat with gold threads mixed in hung on her shoulders, a black jersey dress moulded her body that fell short just above her knee paired with calf high leather black boots and covering her head was an animal print bonnet that did not help keep intact the thick brown curls that are now bouncing on her shoulders. “Ever since I became the model for our own line I have been in different numerous magazines and print ads. I got the attention of not only Korea now but in Asia…yet” stopping at the edge of the runway and boldly winking as she posed. “…I still have not gotten the full attention of that man…..”

The lights around the venue lit up as Suzy’s mother walked out to the runway stopping right beside her as she waved and posed for the photographers. The shadowed man that Suzy has been staring at was confirmed to be non-other than L himself.

L was blinded for a second as soon as the lights around him lit up. It took a couple of seconds before his eyes got accustomed of the blaring lights of the hotel. But as soon as he got to see again his eyes landed to non-other than Suzy in a not so revealing yet y outfit.

The men around L started whistling loudly. He could not help it but get annoyed by this show of enthusiasm from this group of unrefined men who were supposedly representatives of different “high-class” magazines in Asia. “High-class my !?” L smirked to no one in particular. “That is why L Magazine is the only true representative for a refined, clean lifestyle mag that appeals to the elite.”

L lifted his lifetime partner his Canon as he took a stolen shot of Suzy kissing her mother on both her cheeks. He did not whistle but he took a secret photo anyway of his secret love. That’s just how Kim Myungsoo is he does not display his feelings for the world to see but he genuinely stays true and loyal. L smiled to himself, giddy in love on his own… well not until someone distracted him from his good mood. A lady in red sat beside him now that Jang Dongwoo emptied it as soon as he enthusiastically got up to go backstage and ogle at the models behind it.

Seo Joohyun glanced beside her as L’s expression changed to a giddy teenager to a very annoyed adult. They’re eyes met for a brief second and Joohyun heard a loud sigh escaping L’s lips. She leaned over and whispered on his ears. “You should be happy. At least I accepted this modeling job from your Suzy’s company. The show attracted Asian audience since I was part of this show even magazines from Europe came.”

“I am happy…so thank you for your show of support to the Bae Empire.” L spoke tersely. “But then you got to admit these people came because of the curiosity for the fashion line since you’ll be walking on it. They came here for you but then ended up falling for the charms of Ms. Bae Suzy instead.”

That statement from L irked Joohyun slightly but then she accepts a win coolly as she accepts lost. “Perhaps” was her only response.

L stood up and offering his hand to Joohyun. “So since the show must still go on even though this show ended...” L spoke as he nodded his head towards the runway. “Could you kindly accept this hand as I you out of this place?”

As soon as they stepped out of the hotel flakes of snow started falling from the sky. “The first snow is here!” Joohyun gasped as she looked at L happily. L smiled back and grabbing her gloved hand ran towards the Limo across the street.

Joohyun shrugged off the cold snow that landed on her jacket from the design line she walked for. Gazing up at L, she could see the man had his hesitations in joining her in the car that is why instead of sitting beside her, he closed the door and had asked her to bring the window down by knocking on it.

“I will see you at the mansion. Goodbye!” L waved and turned his back on Joohyun and was about to walk away.

“How are you going to get home you don’t have your car?” Joohyun asked

“I have my ways.” Lifting his hand he waved at Joohyun from behind.

 

)------------(

 

IU was making a lot of effort to keep the butterflies in her stomach to stop fluttering around her belly as she found yet again Woohyun following her with his eyes. The entire show had been uncomfortable being seated between him and Sungjong. And, somehow Woohyun could not tear his eyes off of her. He kept staring at her and Sungjong the entire show as if drilling holes on their faces.

IU could not take it anymore that she even rejected the offer of sumptuous canapés from a waiter. She lifted her slim fit long skirt and stalked towards Woohyun purposely. As she came face to face with his proud smirk he almost screamed at him

“What are you looking at?” Her chin upturned angrily

As if guiltily caught in the act and yet pretends to be innocent. “Who me?” Woohyun pointed at his nose. “Was I staring…errr…or looking at you?”

“Yes!” IU nodded at the same time. “You have been staring at me particularly and sometimes at Sungjong this entire time. What the hell is your PROBLEM?”

Crossing his arms on his chest. “Well I dunno. Maybe because there is something wrong with your face.”

A horrific expression distorted IU’s face as she covered it. “Why? Did I accidentally smudged the perfect make up done to me by Sungjong’s stylist friend?” Uncovering her face he stared angrily at Woohyun. “You should have TOLD ME!” She shouted this time.

“You look beautiful.” Sungjong told IU from behind. “Even more beautiful now since my friend did a phenomenal job in enhancing your beauty.” Sungjong blushed profusely once IU turned to face him.

“Really?” IU asked.

“Yes, really.” Sun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter