MP: Disorder

Spotted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-16 hours before the article was released-

L was on a rooftop house overlooking the Namsan Tower dressed in an all-black Armani suit. He was crushing the bundle of white roses he held within his fingers as he nervously looked towards the stairs waiting for that “someone” he asked to meet.

Everything was perfectly set up the quartet he hired is playing beautiful music. The 5 course meal is prepped up and ready to serve by an international renowned chef. Rose scented candles decorated the floor with red rose petals. It also served as lighting for the entire rooftop making visible not only the quartet that was playing in the corner but the beautifully set up glass table with chair for two of Ivory white hand rest and silver upholstery that was in the center of the whole rooftop. On the table were two red candles in golden vintage holders side by side only separated by a crystal vase that held not one but three fully bloomed camellias freshly picked from his mother’s greenhouse.

A cold gust of wind blew making L wince feeling once again the slight cut he had on his lips. He touched his brows remembering the bluish colour that lay just below it. He sighed deeply remembering once again why he was in this predicament in the first place. He was tired. He was beaten. His only hope lies on this little event on the rooftop. Hopefully the scenario playing on his head will actually happen.

 

-Flashback to 12 hours before-

L was slowly going down the long staircase when he found Seo Joohyun calmly eating her breakfast. A cocky smirk appeared on his lips as he exasperated displeasure, making his presence known as he slumped himself across his so-called fiancé.

L cut a huge diagonal piece of his waffles as he spoke irritated at Joohyun. “So when will you give up being my fiancé? I don’t really have any plans in agreeing to that arrangement even with my father pushing it.”

Seo Joohyun was not even fazed by what L said. She continued taking little bites of her toast before saying. “I don’t really have any plans in breaking that agreement.” A teasing smile forming on her lips.

L dropped the utensils he was holding making a loud “clang”in the process. “Suddenly I lost my appetite.”  

“Tsss..tsss…Be careful we don’t want you breaking these vintage ceramic sets that your mother spent a lot of money for.” Joohyun teasingly added.

“I would probably only give up if you’d propose to me properly.” Batting her lashes at L “Make It a big event something I will be amazed by. If you can do that…” winking at L “…I will formally reject your proposal and you can immediately move towards your intended target, Miss Bae Suzy.”

Extending her right arm across the table Joohyun held L’s gaze. “Deal?”

-End of Falshback-

L braced his shoulders and taking a deep breath he saw a shadowy figure making her way up the steps.

“Game time…” L muttered under his breath as he came face to face with that “certain” beautiful woman he was supposedly waiting for.

 

)-------------(

 

At the same time in the very same moment, in a particular five star hotel restaurant sat Sungyeol who is nervously tugging on the silken necktie he wore as he carefully looked at each particular person entering the doors to the restaurant. He strategically sat on a chair facing the entrance of the restaurant and was continuously monitoring the time on his expensive wristwatch. Taking notice that time was slowly ticking by but sadly it was not the same for the rapid beating of his heart.

He never felt like this in his 21 years of living as if he was about to pass out if something disappointing or disruptive happen on his planned evening. He fisted and unfisted his fingers recognizing the slight sting as he stretched the muscles there. Automatically placing those same fingers on his chin he caressed the invisible stubble of hair that was growing there; again remembering the blow it took the day before.

-Flashback to 20 hours before-

Whistling a happy tune Sungyeol walked towards the busy cafeteria of Prestige University. Today was another new day for him since yesterday he finally got Suzy all alone.

Dialling the number of the person occupying his thought he could not help it. All he could do was smile. Although the phone was only picked up after 8 rings Sungyeol was just happy that it was even picked up in the first place. He would have handled another rejected call badly.

“Hello!” He chirpily said. “Did you get the flowers I sent you?”

“I…” Suzy sighed on the other line. “Yes, I got it. Thank you…. but what for?”

Not giving up Sungyeol kept to his good mood. “Just because…….and it’s a thank you gesture for accompanying me last night.”

Breathing in deeply he mustered up his courage before continuing. “I want to also perhaps boldly say, this is me hinting a possible courtship.”

Sweat was glistening his upper lip as he nervously waited for any kind of response from Suzy.

Suzy did not reply but kept quiet.

To clear the air Sungyeol faked a laugh before lightly saying. “No pressure okay. I am not expecting anything in return. The only thing I’m asking from you is giving me a second chance to convey these feelings I have for you, Suzy ah.”

As if in cue L was walking behind Sungyeol right at the same moment he said the last statement to Suzy, making L stop in his tracks.

Sungyeol glanced behind him seeing L standing there like stone, an irked expression formed on his lips. To mock him Sungyeol spoke sweetly to Suzy on the phone. “I still love you Suzy ah, and I won’t give up until you finally accept that fact.”

Suzy’s voice faltered. “I…..I….I’m sorry but I…..”

“I’ll see you later.” Sungyeol interrupted and ended the call. Turning on his heel he looked at L. “Good morning to you, my friend. Were you there all this time?”

L kept a masked expression keeping his lips pursed in a straight line he finally faced his best friend. “I think will need to have that talk. Today is my honest day I’ve just talked to my father and looks like I have to be honest with you too.”

Looking around him L could see that a lot of people are now looking at their direction. Grabbing hold of Sungyeol’s wrist he dragged him to a secluded area. Keeping his back on Sungyeol he shut is eyes and told the truth.

“I’ve loved Suzy since the day I met her. I gave up on her the day I saw you together. I gave you the chance for 5 years.” Manning up he turned to face his best friend. “I want you to know that I’m pursuing her now.” Swallowing his pride he extended his hand to Sungyeol. “May the best man win?”

Sungyeol hesitated before accepting the hand that was given to him taking hold of it he gave it a firm shake before pulling L towards him and his left hand he swung at L. Hitting him just above his eye.

L staggered to the wall with a surprised expression as he looked at his friend bewildered.

“That’s for keeping it from me for 5 years.” Sungyeol told L. He swung again hitting L on the lip. “That’s for going behind my back.” L was now on the floor.

L had his one knee on the dirty pavement as he wiped the blood on his lip, looking up he saw Sungyeol offering his hand to pull him up. He grabbed hold of it and was immediately up on his feet.

Sungyeol looking directly at L smugly spoke, tapping on his chin. “Give me your best shot.”

L did not even hesitate and hit Sungyeol where he pointed with a loud smack.

“Ouch.” Was Sungyeol’s first reaction, he had felt the strong blow on his chin as he cradled it in his palm.  “I guess now we’re even? Let’s see which best man will win.” Sungyeol sneered before grinning widely at L, turning and not looking back he walked away from his friend.

 

-End of Flashback-

 

Sungyeol shifted on his chair but kept his eyes directed to the door as it opened revealing the person he was supposed to meet.

 

)-------------(

 

IU found herself in the hospital yet again, across Sungjong as he slept soundly on his bed. IU leaned closer to take a better look of Sunjong’s long lashes that fascinated her for the past 5 minutes as she was sitting by the side of the bed. She could never imagine a man or perhaps a boy will have such long lashes.

As she made a closer inspection of Sungjong’s face, she could feel the light breathing of the beautiful boy who seemed to be sleeping soundly………………………………………………………………..

Well not until a faint smile appeared on his lips.

“I do not believe in fairy tales. Kissing me won’t wake me up from this bad dream nor will it cure me from this disease.” Sungjong stirred, slowly opening one eye as he mocked IU. Startled IU sat up straight and blushed profusely avoiding his gaze.

Biting on her bottom lip she curled her fingers tightly holding unto the ends of her skirt. She had to muster up her confidence before admittedly saying. “I….I….was not going to kiss you, i..uhm..was admiring your long lashes.” Clearing “Okay, I said it…” stubbornly extruding her chin up in the air, she continued”… and I can openly admit that you are more beautiful than me.”

Placing the back of his palm on his lips, Sungjong laughed heartily because of IU’s honesty. Accepting the compliment he ended his laug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter