Penance (CS)

Spotted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-12 hours before the article was released-

The sun was out yet there was a light chill in the air, clasping on collar of her Dolce & Gabana knitted coat with her leather covered hands, Bora was walking towards her next class when she could feel someone was following behind her. Looking around her she can see that hardly anyone was around and the two people that was within the vicinity was 500 meters away from her. Her Christian Loubotin stiletto boots was the only thing you can hear tip tapping on the cemented floor.

As soon as she stopped walking the person behind her stop walking as well. Remembering a scenario on the suspense book she read recently, Bora slipped her right hand inside her coat turning around and closing her eyes she said. “I have a gun don’t come any closer!”

The person behind her did not say a word. Bora could not hear anything but her uneven breathing. Slowly opening her eyes she finally saw the person in front of her and it was Sunggyu. Breathing in a sigh of relief she looked at Sunggyu who had a surprised look in his eyes.

“Sorry. I don’t really have gun!” Getting out the hand that was inside her coat she started waving that in front of Sunggyu.

“I was going to say, you don’t look like the type who would carry guns around. I actually have one. My father gave to me as an 18th birthday present.” Sunggyu told Bora quite frankly.

Widening her eyes and stepping backwards, Bora looked at Sunggyu trying to figure out if he was serious or joking.

Laughing awkwardly, Sunggyu scratched the back of his neck before continuing. “I should have not told you that. I don’t have any intention to scare you away but my father has a lot of enemies so his just making sure I’ll be safe.”

Swallowing, Bora carefully replied. “Is it because of the line of work his in?”

“Not really. More like the people connected to him…his clients who have shady backgrounds.” Sunggyu could see that Bora took another step backwards. “I….” Extending his arm towards Bora “I’m sorry I should have not told you that also. You are quite safe with me I assure you.” Walking towards Bora and standing by her side, Sunggyu noticed the involuntary flinch on Bora’s shoulders as she looked at him.

“Am I really that scary?” Sunggyu asked offended.

“No!” Waving her hand Bora responded to Sunggyu “Not at all. I’m just a little uncomfortable ever since the incident last Friday.” Doing a 90 degree bow in front of Sunngyu with a bright red face Bora sincerely apologized. “I am really sorry about whatever I’ve done that night. If only I can erase that memory for you as well because until now I don’t remember a thing.”

“It’s okay.” Sunggyu assured Bora, touching his lower lip with his index and middle finger. “I don’t exactly want to forget anything that happened that night….”

Stealing a glance at Sunggyu Bora could see that Sunggyu’s whole face was red including his ears. “Are you sure I did not do anything damaging, nothing at all like maybe behaving boldly towards you or any boy around?” Bora asked again.

Lowering his head and scratching the top of his head Sunggyu re-assured Bora. “Don’t worry nothing I did not like or found repulsive.” And then he smiled widely his eyes mere lines on his face.

Bora looked at him curiously finding that smile the warmest and cutest she’s ever seen before saying “I forgot to ask you about the shoes I left in your friend’s apartment when you called me Saturday.”

“Shoes? You left your shoes? My friend did not mention about you leaving your shoes.” Sunggyu responded.

“Ahhh….Maybe I lost it elsewhere and not in the apartment.” Bora replied, looking curiously at Sunngyu again. “You know I got this impression from you that you never really liked me. Why are you so nice to me now?”

Sunggyu stopped walking.

Stopping as well, Bora looked behind her. “You see at the bar a week ago. You ran away from me and I could not find you the whole night.”

Sunggyu remained quiet and motionless.

“Maybe because you’re a very shy person?” Looking at Sunggyu, Bora was hoping for an answer but Sunggyu remained standing with his head lowered. “Anyway, I’m happy that now were talking and maybe we can call each other friends?”

Sunggyu finally lifted his head, smiling once again before uttering the words, “Friends?”cocking his head he liked the sound of it in his ears so he said extending his arm towards Bora “Friends!”

Accepting it, Bora smiled warmly back at Sunggyu. They shook hands and declared friendship under a tree in front of nobody but themselves.

)-------------(

Lee Sungyeol was leaning on a wall by the doorway of The Design Department building of KPAD University. Sporting a new haircut and a new positive attitude he waited for Suzy to come out of the building wearing his favourite Ray Ban aviator shades.

A lot of the women in the University noticed golden boy garbed in Armani oozing a new manly charm waiting by the doorway which became a hot issue for them. Since, they particularly know what has brought Sungyeol in the Design Department building. A certain Ms. Bae Suzy is this boy’s or more appropriately this man’s agenda. They were familiar with this scenario since Lee Sungyeol as a boy had been doing it in High School waiting for Bae Suzy by the front gate of the private all girl’s school that the princess attended. Yet this time the scenario was missing something or someone. Those days L would be accompanying his friend as the third wheel of this long running courtship but today he was nowhere to be found.

Suzy with IU and Sungjong stepped out of the building, IU in the middle of the two holding unto both of their arms. They were giggling about something when Sungyeol interrupted them.

Pulling himself up from the wall he waved at all three of them. “Hi.” Sungyeol kept his eyes on Suzy the whole time.

Sungjong on cue took IU’s hand, “I think IU and I should enjoy a private lunch together.” Pulling IU down the steps, Sungjong looked back waving. “Well goodbye you two!”

Once Sungjong left with IU, Sungyeol spoke “Sungjong told me you have 4 hours to kill before your next class.” Slightly blushing and smiling boyishly, Sungyeol continued. “I was thinking it’s a good time for us to eat lunch somewhere and maybe visit the hospital ward of young cancer patients.”

Suzy avoiding to look at Sungyeol in the eye kept her head lowered looking at her Prada footwear, she remained unresponsive.

“I know how you have a soft heart towards the Paediatric ward of our hospital. I remember you always visiting when we were in high school. You remember Min Sungki? The little boy you adore, his still there but at least now coming back for regular check-up and treatment only. He stays at the hospital for a week only every other month. So what do you say? You want to come with me?” Smiling hesitantly Sungyeol took Suzy’s chin with his finger he lifted her head to see her face.

Suzy kept her emotion intact well. She met Sungyeol’s stare before saying. “I’m sorry I can’t, maybe next time when I don’t have a scheduled appointment.” With that she turned and hurriedly going down the steps and the walkway she run towards the limousine that was opened to her by her chauffeur.

Kicking a piece of pine comb that fell, Sungyeol cursed. Holding unto his forehead with his thumb and middle finger he tried to calm the emotions he was feeling. The whispers around him became louder, lifting his head he smiled at the students around him. “It looks like I’m eating alone and going to the hospital on my own. Why did L have an appointment as well?” Cursing under his breath he walked towards his parked Jaguar.

)-------------(

IU was being dragged by S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter