Captured, Part 1 (CS)

Spotted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Before you read this chapter. I would like to thank all of those who subscribed only recently. I apologise that I could not thank you individually. I promise to show you my appreciation most especially when you upvote my fic. :)

 

- 52 hours before the article was released

The bright sunlight of Seoul was overshadowed by the exceptionally thick clouds that was now covering the sky. Sungjong looked up the gloomy sky sighing deeply since the weather was reflecting his mood.

“Who would be happy anyway after his monthly hospital check-up?” Sungjong thought loudly pouting his lips up the sky as if defending his mood.

As he lets his gaze drop he found the form of L sitting on the cemented plant box in front of Lee Medical Center.

Sitting beside L who had his face covered within the clasp of his palms. “Looks like the weather is not cooperating in lifting our spirits.” Sungjong spoke with a grim expression.

A loud frustrated growl escaped L’s lips as he uncovered his face tossing his head back to look up at the cloudy sky. “The weather is like women who are unpredictable and are hot & cold. One minute they make your heart flutter beautifully, the next minute your heart is about to explode because of anger and frustration.” L slumped his body expressing quite obviously his mixed emotions as he stared at his friend with a pleading yet confused expression.

Sungjong pitied his friend and could not think of anything to say to comfort L so he patted and rubbed his friend’s shoulders instead. Humming a sad song between his lips as he stared in space remembering these past few months in where his constant companion was IU and their frequent “dates” together was within the hospital walls. He did not have the courage to openly express his feelings to IU unlike his friend who has done it and yet was in a difficult situation. He is slowly giving up on love again.

“Love?! Who needs it?” He muttered to himself skeptically

L noticed his friend’s negative aura only then he realized that he was in a better position than Sungjong so he should not be complaining.

Hesitating, L looked at Sungjong his brows scrunched together. “By the way…” He scratched the back of his neck as he uncomfortably his dry lips. “How are you feeling? It was …uh….insensitive of me to complain about my life when you are….you know…”

“Stop treating me as if I’m a dying person!” Sungjong interrupted angrily.

L was surprised by Sungjong’s outburst that’s why his shoulders twitched, half-scared, he scoot a little further from Sungjong and stared at his friend with jaw wide open contemplating on what to say.

His chest heaving Sungjong sighed quite loudly before saying. “Don’t mind me I get cranky with all the meds.” Scrunching his nose as if disgusted by the reminder of his medications.

“I am actually interested in listening to other people’s problems then my own…that way even just for a moment I forget my own problems. Absurd and twisted as it sounds hearing your problems comfort me.” He looked straight back at his friend his eyes misty, his lips forming a crooked grin.

L mirrored his friend’s grim expression as he scoot closer grabbed hold of Sungjong’s wrist, sandwiching his’ friend hand on both of his palms. L nudged his shoulders to Sungjong’s shoulders as if reassuring Sungjong that he was there for him.

“I don’t understand women, or maybe I just don’t understand Bae Suzy.” L confessed. “Earlier as we were left together in the hospital room. She had the nerve to tell me frankly that our relationship will not work out.” Tossing his head backwards a strained laugh escaped his lips.

-Flashback to a few minutes before -

L even remembered her exact words as she stood by his bedside her chin touching her chest as her flowing hair covered her face except her lips that mumbled. “Let’s give up. Our relationship will not work out. I do now want to complicate or jeopardize your friendship with Sungyeol.”

Suzy faced her back towards L and walked glumly out of the room.

L was left on the bed motionless as if the shock of her words left him in a coma as his heart bleed. It took him a couple of minutes before he lifted himself of the bed and hurriedly dragged his slightly hurt legs out the hospital. But he was too late he saw Suzy jump in a cab and sped off.

-End of flashback-

Awakened from his thoughts L continued to voice out his frustration. “What relationship?! We did not even had the time to make the relationship official and she was giving up already!” L could not contain his anger anymore as he stomped his feet on the cemented floor and pulled himself up. Placing his fingers on his hips as he tried to calm himself breathing in and out twice. He turned and faced his friend, “I mean what is that?! She wanted to be with me badly a few months back and agreed on our secret meetings.” Raising his arms above him to emphasize a point. “For Christ’s sake! She was actually enjoying the thrill of it all. Us being mysterious and sneaky and all that! Now she’s scared to do anything because of complicating both our relationship with Sungyeol!!”

L swore incoherent words attaching Sungyeol’s name with it. He gasped quite loudly realization hitting him. “Don’t get me wrong your cousin is a wonderful guy but his an for leaving Suzy and now wanting her back!” He defensively said. “I care and love both of them but I just love and care for Suzy more. So what do I do?” L grasping his hair within his fingers as he stared at Sungjong for guidance.

Sungjong was trying so hard to keep a straight face but he could not help it but laugh loudly as he clutched on his stomach.

“Forget it!” L looked at Sungjong aghast. As he was about to walk away from Sungjong. Sungjong grabbed hold of his arms.

“Wait!” Sungjong said in between his laughter. Clearing his throat. “I’m sorry.” He breathed out deeply and stopped laughing. “I told you other people’s problems comfort me. I was not laughing at you but I was laughing at the situation your in.”

Sungjong sat down again tapping the cement beside him referring to L to come and sit down as well. L hesitated but gave up anyway as he flopped himself beside Sungjong.

“You see. It is apparent you are new to this.” Sungjong grabbed both L’s cheeks and turned L’s head to face him. “Listen. You never confessed to anyone before Suzy right?”

L pouted and nodded.

“Have you courted someone?”

L shook his head

“Hmmmm…have you been interested in other girls besides Suzy?”

L shook his head again

Sungjong’s eyes widened apparently surprised by this. “Have you even flirted with other girls?”

L nodded but then suddenly found the whole situation absurd. Gripping on Sunjong’s wrist he pushed it away from his face. “Where are all these questions getting at?”

“Well…” Sungjong superiorly spoke as he crossed his arm on his chest. “This shows that you, my friend, don’t know women, period. Girls or women say things but what they meant really is the opposite of what their saying.”

Sungjong looked at his friend squarely but found him more confused. Since, L’s single brow lifted trying to dissect the foreign language he just spoke.

Sungjong flicked on L’s forehead. “What I mean Suzy did not really mean what she said. She just said that for you to do the opposite thing.” He stared at his friend with all knowing eyes. “Get it now?” He spoke slowly.

The light bulb was finally lit as L digested his friend’s words. He smiled happily as he embraced Sungjong tightly. When he finally let go of Sungjong. Sungjong was gasping for air.

“You my friend are a genius!” L ruffled Sungjong’s hair. “That or the rumors were true that you’re indeed a disguised player. By the way I don’t see IU?”

“I accept the genius part but not the player part. I am just a good observer and hanging out with a lot of girls since grade school makes me a girl expert.” Sungjong proudly declared. “As for IU she suddenly had to rush somewhere again because of her cousin. So what are you going to do now with Suzy?”

Clapping his hands together, L grinned mischievously. “Because of your good advice I’ve got something planned for the long holiday.” Rubbing his palms together thinking of all the things he and Suzy should do together.

Sungjong watched L’s retreating figure as he staggered his way back in the hospital. At least his friend came out of their conversation with a positive outlook in his life. His conversation with L made him forget what Dr. Park Gahi told him. Her worried voice kept ringing in his head now that he was alone and was faced with his own problem once again.

“Your tests came out good. Your condition is stable but it does not mean you’re cured. You might be feeling extra vibrant lately on the outside because of the…uhm.” Dr. Park cleared . “…because of your feelings for Ms. IU and her constant companionship. Although that is good this does not reflect in the inside you still have to watch out for your health. Don’t think you can go running around blissfully with your newfound love. Your condition is still threatening your life.”

IU’s smiling face came flashing in Sungjong’s mind whenever that happens he usually has mixed emotions. Her smiling face makes him extra happy but at the same time it saddens him because in the near or far future he will not see that smile anymore. So as soon as he lifts his spirits by remembering her, reality hits and his face with the fact that eventually he’ll die to just leave her.

)------------(

 

When IU agreed to his offer of a date. Woohyun did not picture himself behind a pillar wearing a mask to cover half of his face, and a hoodie covering his beautifully straight, shiny hair. As he leaned quite tensely on the cold pillar he slowly drop his gaze at the person behind all this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter