Mend (CS)

Spotted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 8 hours before the article was released-

 

Suzy watched from a far distance as the ambulance drove further away from her. She could not stop the loud hammering of her heart the events of the morning gave her a fright. But here she was stuck glued on the middle of the road as her heart was elsewhere. It did not help also that she was being held hostage by a pair of hands that are clutching tightly on her wrist.

She finally looked up with determination and met the owner of those hands, Sungyeol.  “Can you let me be?” She shook her arm trying to dislodge the contact. “Please let me be!” She screamed a strangled plea.

Sungyeol pulled on Suzy’s arm and engulfed her in a tight embrace. “I can’t let you go.” He spoke with gritted teeth on Suzy’s ear. “Not again, not ever again.”

Suzy struggled again trying to get out of the embrace but then the whispers and the continuous flash of cameras made her stop. Even though she hated the situation she did not have the heart to further embarrass Sungyeol. Her body slackened as if accepting him.

A hesitant victorious smile formed on Sungyeol’s lips as he tightened his hold on Suzy more, rubbing his chin on her shoulders finally relaxing after months of tension. Since it brought him back to a happy memory they had together.

 

-Flashback to two year ago –

 

It was same like any other day where Sungyeol will be in front of the school of Suzy waiting for her. But this time the apparent agitation in his body language says that maybe this time it was different. The tall lanky lad was endlessly tapping his Steve Madden footwear on the hard floor as he looked anxiously towards the driveway of the school. The tension in his body somehow only relaxed when he saw Suzy running towards him with a smile on her face.

Spreading his arms he welcomed Suzy with an embrace as she slightly jumped and slammed her chest towards his automatically encircling her arms on his neck.

“I suppose you have good news!” Sungyeol said after a while when he could finally catch his breathe.

Suzy let go of her tight grip on Sungyeol slowly sliding her body down his length. Good thing she was tall for a girl so it only took a matter of seconds when the sole of her shoes touched the ground. Placing both her hands on his shoulder, she looked up at him with her toothy “bunny” grin.

“Yes! I have fabulous news, you are now looking at a girl who passed her college entrance exam and will finally be in the same school as her boyfriend!”

Raising his eyebrows Sungyeol stared right back at Suzy. “Boyfriend?” He teasingly questioned trying to prevent the wide smile of his lips be apparent.

Suzy blushed profusely before stepping out of his embrace completely. Gazing at the dark floor her lips trembled. “I’m sorry I meant……” biting her lip, cursing herself, “..da…mn….I meant my close friend that’s a boy.”

Sungyeol could hear her sigh loudly which did not help him from keeping that smile on his face. He could not help it she was too cute so he suddenly burst out laughing.

Suzy pouted and stepped further away from him at the same time straightening her shoulders she looked up at him angrily. “Are you mocking me?!”

She took another step backwards as if ready to run. To avoid that, Sungyeol grabbed her waist almost immediately. “I’m laughing because I’m happy!” Locking his fingers behind her waist he pushed her towards him. “I’m happy because I would love to be your boyfriend!”

Suzy’s heart stopped for a moment as she digested what he was saying. “You would? I mean how…” Before she could say anything else Sungyeol stopped her by sealing his lips to hers.

-End of Flashback –

Sungyeol could feel Suzy slowly untangling herself from their embrace before she could sever the contact completely, Sungyeol let go of her but kept one arm on her waist as he slowly guided her towards the parking lot to get away from the stares and cameras of the people surrounding them.

When they were of some distance from those people Sunyeol loosened his hold on her and whispered on her ear. “Let me take you there just don’t push me away.”

Suzy glanced at him questioningly.

“I said I will take you to the hospital just don’t run away from me.” Sungyeol confirming what he meant.

Suzy stepped away from him that way making Sungyeol drop his arm to his sides in disappointment. But he should not be since Suzy still walked closely with him at least silently agreeing to his last statement.

“But of course…” Sungyeol wanted to be selfish so he continued. “…I will bring you to the hospital but promise me you will have dinner with me so we can discuss my ..erhm…proposal.”

Suzy stopped walking and stared at Sungyeol’s feeling his discomfort.

Seeing Suzy was not following him any longer Sungyeol stopped his long strides and nervously looked behind him eyeing the figure of Suzy holding his breath. She finally walked towards him again and just nodded.

Sungyeol breathed again but he could not ignore the tightening of Suzy’s fists when she nodded at him as if she was forced against her will. He lifted his chin making his head fall backwards as he tried to stop the tear that was about to fall.

“Making Suzy to agree with me will take longer than I thought.” He silently muttered under his breath. Unlike her father who seem to agree wholeheartedly with his proposal when he met with him two months ago, Sungyeol thought smugly to himself.

Mustering some courage he looked down at Suzy with a smile on his face as he opened the passenger’s door of his Jaguar for her. As soon as she was inside he shut the door and let that tear fall across his cheek wiping it almost immediately he hastily went to the driver’s seat still not willing to lose hope. He knew somehow he was still at least in a small corner of Suzy’s heart the evidence of their long history together won’t easily smudge that off.

 

)------------(

 

Drumming her polished fingers on the hard wooden table of the fancy French café, Bora could not help but be disgusted as V wiggled his way from one table to another flirting endlessly with all these old rich matrons who probably came often to this café for V. Although in this environment at least he looked like he was happy about what he was doing and was actually enjoying all the attention he was getting.

Chugging down a glass of red wine in one go, Bora breathed out a long sigh once again pitying herself for being in a situation where she was lacking any attention from anyone. Her parents were hardly home she even doubts that they care for her and being without siblings she did not have anyone else to lean on. She was actually thankful that Woohyun somehow made up for the lack of siblings. Woohyun to her was her first boyfriend, her brother, her sister (sometimes if Suzy won’t be available for that) her close friend and sometimes he even plays the role of her mother when she needed someone to acknowledge her hard work, wipe her tears, fight for her and tuck her in her bed. But Woohyun found someone else to give his full attention to.

The previous girls he courted were short lived or more of a hobby to pass time. He was not really serious about them and was not willing to invest his time on them. But now it’s like he has dedicated his life in pursuing IU.

A big frown formed on Bora’s lips before she was completely distracted from her thoughts when her phone started ringing loudly and a close up picture of Woohyun and her endlessly blinked on her screen.

“Speaking of the devil” She muttered to herself a smile gracing her lips.

“Woohyunyah….” She drawled while she hiccupped.

“Bora shi?” She heard Woohyun speaking worriedly. “Something happened to L my brother. Can you get a hold of Suzy?”

“Boh!?” Bora spoke loudly while hiccupping again.

“Are you drunk?” Woohyun angrily questioned.

“Noooo…” Bora tried to deny as she shook her head getting her wits back. “Maybe, just a tad bit. I drunk…..” Clasping the wine bottle and turning it over a drop of red wine splattered on the white crisp table cloth. “oooohhhhh…a whole bottle of wine. Tee hee.” Bora giggled awkwardly

“Where are you? I’ll come and get you now?” Woohyun exasperated. “Why do you always get yourself in trouble on the worst possible time?”

“Tsshhh…I was lonely.” Bora responded defensively. “V-shi where is this place?”

“Here talk to V?” Woohyun heard Bora mumbled with a static background

“Is this V? Where are you now?” Woohyun demanded

“Woo Hyung?” V questioned

“Who are you? Do I know you?” Woohyun with a raised eyebrow responded

“Hyung this is Taehyun!” V happily said

“Oh! Can you bring Bora to the Lee Medical Hospital? Your L hyung got in an accident.” Woohyun matter-of-factly stated

“L HYUNG!” V shouted. “Will be on our way now!”

V grabbed Bora by her waist and hurriedly exited the café muttering a quick apology to the Ahjumma owner.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter