Encounter

Spotted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-2 days prior the article was released-

Woohyun was sitting on leather sofa staring at a dressing room door in a Gucci private show room, waiting for Bora to emerge out from it and catwalk yet another outfit.

The new collection from Italy has arrived in Korea and Bora wanted to be the first one to get her hands on it. Besides, she promised that she’d like to go through the plan with Woohyun regarding “Get close to Sunggyu to get to IU” mission. But then they have been here for an hour now and they have not discussed a single thing about their “mission plan”. The only thing they’ve discussed is the cut of this, the texture of this, the detail in this and the fit of this.

Woohyun was getting impatient, he could’ve spent his Sunday afternoon by finding the whereabouts of IU or even just spending the afternoon with his stepbrother who just arrived from Europe at least they will be doing guy things like…playing video games, or….. “What else do L and him have in common or do…” He thought to himself.  In all honesty his always believed that they could never meet eye to eye, the only time they connect is by playing video games together. Come to think of it he does not even know one personal detail about his supposed brother, his favourite food, colour and hobby. His stepmother is always on their case about being family and how they should bond as brothers.

Sighing and getting up, Woohyun was thinking on sneaking out when finally the door of the dressing room opened. Revealing Bora wearing leopard print short romper that was revealing her bare shoulders and beautiful legs, Woohyun was still all male, so he fell back to the chair gawking at Bora.

“Well?” Bora stood with her hand on her hip

“Wow!” Woohyun exclaimed putting his hand on his chest. “That will be the outfit you’ll be wearing when you meet Sunngyu. You will knock him off!”

Rolling her eyes and frowning, Bora had her lips pursed before she said. “It’s not part of the plan to knock him off. The part of the plan is get him close so we get IU close to you. I do not have any plans for him to fall in love with me. My only plan is for him to like me and like you for IU.”

“Agreed! Good plan!” Woohyun smacking the leather chair and standing up, “Let’s just purchase that outfit and go to lunch, I am really hungry” with folded hands he faced Bora in plea. “Please let us not spend another minute in this boutique.”

Giggling Bora agreed. She could not blame Woohyun, she usually does her shopping with Suzy but then that was not going to happen, so ever since Woohyun has become the replacement and he has been trying patiently to accompany her in anything even girl chores like this.

 )-------------(

It was evening when L finally woke up. It had been 2 hours already since Sungyeol and Sunjong left and gave L the rest he deserved. He had been in Korea for a week now but decided to show up in Seoul today. He wanted explore other parts of his own country before he returns willingly to this “prison of luxury”. Stretching his arms above him and checking the time on the digital alarm clock on his bedside table. It read 7:45 pm; his father should be back soon. Going in the bathroom and washing his face, he looked at the mirror at his reflection, slapping both of his cheeks with his fingers, as if psyching himself for the encounter with his father.

He went towards the walk-in closet connected to the bathroom. He decided to change into a more decent outfit before going down. Wearing an all-black outfit, a collared shirt, and jeans armoured in his designer garb. He went down ready to face his father, Mr. Kim.

As L stepped on the last step of the long staircase the front door opened with Mr. Kim entering the doorway with Jin. Meeting eye to eye his father nodded to him in greeting and returned his attention to Jin deep in discussion regarding some matters. Shrugging his shoulders, L went to the direction of their formal dining room. It was always like that his father would greet him with gestures, nothing welcoming or warm about it, but then he was used to it.

Sitting himself on the right side of the long table, his father followed minutes behind with Jin.  Mr. Kim seated himself on the head of the table while Jin sat on his left.

Mr. Kim finally directed his attention to L after a steward served them their meals. “Son, how was your flight? Or…..how was your bus ride from Busan. I was informed by Jin that you flew in a week ago through Jeju.” Placing his utensils on his plate and wiping his lips with a silken napkin. He looked sharply at his son. “So you decided to frolic around your own country’s soil before you come do serious business with your father.”

Grabbing the silken napkin on his lap, he fisted his fingers around the poor cloth. L had his head bowed down, inhaling and calming his emotions. He lifted his head, and glared back at his father with sarcastic grin forming on his lips. “I wanted to at least check the beauty and wonders of my own country since I’ve already done it in several other countries. Out of patriotism I wanted to explore with my own lenses our country and share to the world its beauty through my photos. And besides I did come back on the date you’ve especially requested. I kept to my word.”

“Yes you did………” Mr. Kim responded, swallowing, he continued. “Thank you.” He looked right at his son.

L could not believe that he actually read sincerity on the older man’s eyes. “Were those emotions? He did not know that his father was capable of expressing anything.” L thought.

Redirecting his attention to his meal, Mr. Kim explained. “L Enterprise will be grateful to accept you as its in house photographers. As discussed with you on the phone you will get a substantial amount of salary for your services and you will continue to study, Photography as you major course while Business Management as you minor course.  I will not be providing you; you’re allowance since you wanted to earn your own money. In exchange you are free to live in this house for those 4 years in college and once you graduate you will be trained to take over L enterprise.” Looking towards Jin and nodding at him. Jin produced a thick brown folder from his attaché case and handed it to Mr. Kim.  Accepting it, Mr. Kim then handed it to L. “I took the liberty to enrol you at KPAD and I had Jin draft a contract of our agreement.”

“Thank you for taking the liberty in handling the documents for this….” Taking a minute to keep his composure, L continued “….business transaction between your own son.”  Emphasizing on the last two words sarcastically, L looked at his father obviously hurt, and offended.

Browsing through the document that was given to him it specified their agreement in detail. His father also took the liberty in adding another clause if one of them did not keep to the agreement. If L will not keep to their agreement he will be exiled to a remote island in Korea and will not be able to touch one cent of his father’s wealth.  It was a laughable clause, so L could not help but laugh bitterly. “Please add another clause to this contract, if  Kim Myungsoo, I fulfilled the agreement within this 8 year contract. Mr. Kim Sungki will provide Mr. Kim Myungsoo a Penthouse in Paris and New York in where he can live freely for the rest of his life.” L looking at his father stood up from his chair. “Isn’t that a good enough deal? I can’t believe that you could not even bring yourself to trust me that you had to draft a contract of an agreement between us. You could’ve taken my word; I would have fulfilled our agreement without a contract.” L said through gritted teeth.

Mr. Kim stood to look at his son eye level. “If you wish to have an agreement between us with a handshake then let’s do that. We have Mr. Jin as wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter